DM and bookworm new to the community!

Onimur

27 minutes ago, Bennett said:

What is this for? I think its an introduction.

Hi there! I'm a DM for D&D 5e, and I love to read fantasy of all sorts! I'm a worldbuilder and a huge nerd... thats everything worth saying I guess!

Hello there and welcome to the chaos Shard!

I love playing D&D! If I had more free time on my hands, I would be trying to play it more often. Worldbuilding is one of the things that I love to do, even if it might be too much for me to do most of the time. What would you say your favorite part of it is? Either of D&D or worldbuilding.

23 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

I love playing D&D! If I had more free time on my hands, I would be trying to play it more often. Worldbuilding is one of the things that I love to do, even if it might be too much for me to do most of the time. What would you say your favorite part of it is? Either of D&D or worldbuilding.

I think I really love creating locations and places to explore, and then seeing those places through the eyes of my characters. I think that would be my favorite part

1 minute ago, Bennett said:

I think I really love creating locations and places to explore, and then seeing those places through the eyes of my characters. I think that would be my favorite part

That's understandable, lol. Honestly sounds like you would like playing Skyrim, to be honest.

4 minutes ago, Bennett said:

Golly, uh... The Way of Kings.

I haven't read too many Sanderson books, but my collection is steadily growing

Saaame... tWoK was my first Sanderson book, actually.

How did you get into Brandon's stuff?

1 minute ago, Bennett said:

You make that sound like its a drug...

A pal of mine, and Sydney

It's totally a drug... I've read the first two SA books over ten times, I'm on my seventh read of OB, and I just finished my third round of MB era one...

Once you get in...

There's very little chance of ever getting out.

Especially once you join the Shard.

Also, don't accept the cookies, unless the person offering them to you is a member of TUBA. They aren't allowed in the intro threads anymore, though.

12 hours ago, Tesh said:

It's totally a drug... I've read the first two SA books over ten times, I'm on my seventh read of OB, and I just finished my third round of MB era one...

Once you get in...

There's very little chance of ever getting out.

Especially once you join the Shard.

Also, don't accept the cookies, unless the person offering them to you is a member of TUBA. They aren't allowed in the intro threads anymore, though.

Amateur Numbers

2 hours ago, Honorless said:

Welcome to the Shard! Ay, you like worldbuilding, you should watch Artifexian's worldbuilding or Biblaridion's alien biospheres, and both of their conlanging videos! 

Great recommendations! Will definitely be digging into these myself.