Lesser spren

Lesser spren

Lesser spren

Transcript

1. I only met a single lesser spren during my time in Shadesmar. As such it should be noted that there may be significant variations in the species unaccounted for due to the small sample size.

2. The Lesser spren (as he identified himself) appears as a simple constructive drawing figure. Subject has line implying features on his body such as pectorals, eyes, kneecaps, and a pelvis, as well as a soft “shading” on the top of his head in the shape of hair.

3. Looking at him, he should be easier to draw than he is. It seems something about him is interfering with my sense of spatial awareness. It’s as if, despite being three dimensional the image of his depth was an illusion. Like, if you were to rotate a glass object you were shining a light through and observe the shadow.

4. Instead of facial expressions shapes and lines appear around the face to indicate emotions, a little like how spren appear in the physical realm. Apparently the “empathic symbols,” as he called them, are a part of the lesser spren himself. I have observed narrow trapezoids a short distance away from the face for laughter, teardrop shapes on the the top of the head for worry, and (I particularly enjoyed achieving this one) a row of diagonal lines on the face just under the line that indicates the eyes for abashment.

lesserspren.jpg

Cont. 

I was privileged to be able to be able to talk with him at length. Although amicabl,e in his conversation with me he seemed deliberately vague when I had asked about him, his species, or even his personal matters, when I asked his name he replied that he was, “a work in progress”. In fairness, he seemed just as frustrated that he couldn’t give me straight answers as I was trying to pry them out of him. The most I was able to get out, beyond what I have already told you, was that there are other of his kind and that they live “in between”.

Edited by Lesser spren