On 10/8/2021 at 6:23 PM, AmazingGoob said:

Speaking up, I say, "I feel like Brandon- Insight, whatever would've prepared for the possibility that one of us became a cognitive shadow. Maybe they prepared for this somehow? I mean, it can't hurt to try. If Lilliana begins to feel all stretched as we leave she can just go back."

"Or if I can't get off world, you guys can go ask Brandon. He could probably help me."

On 10/11/2021 at 10:26 PM, Condensation said:

"That would be a good idea. I bet he knows the most about this world, since he made it!"

"I mean, if he's connected to the shard Insight, I had just assumed that he had gained insights about the cosmere, and then shared them..."

18 hours ago, Tani said:

"Do we know where the perpendicularity is?"

"Yes." She said. "I've been there. You know, after I died." She then paused. "Although, I'm not sure I'll be able to find it again." She then sighed. "It's slightly depressing to think about how I died less than a week after traveling to the flipping cosmere. Am I that unlucky? I mean, come on!" She complained quietly. "One of us apparently started a rusting bar fight, and didn't die! But I can't walk down the street without dying?"

Sorry for the random subject change, but this is how my brain works.

So I'm gonna be doing that a lot.

2 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

"I mean, if he's connected to the shard Insight, I had just assumed that he had gained insights about the cosmere, and then shared them..."

"Yes." She said. "I've been there. You know, after I died." She then paused. "Although, I'm not sure I'll be able to find it again." She then sighed. "It's slightly depressing to think about how I died less than a week after traveling to the flipping cosmere. Am I that unlucky? I mean, come on!" She complained quietly. "One of us apparently started a rusting bar fight, and didn't die! But I can't walk down the street without dying?"

I’m very curious about how you guys are planning to get off the island…

3 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

To be fair, Evan is based on me, and I know how to fight.

10 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

"How did you die?"

14 hours ago, Tani said:

"How did you die?"

"I got shot. In the head. It hurt a lot. I don't recommend dying that way. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd rate it a -10." She said, grinning. 

When I get really stressed, I tend to crack jokes and make light of the situation.

It helps me not freak out. Or, in some cases, it helps me to not vomit/pass out. I assume dying would be really traumatic, so she's trying to reduce the trauma with humor.

3 hours ago, Tani said:

"Back on topic, how are we going to leave?"

"I don't know." She said, obviously relieved that the subject had been changed. "I say, we read a lot of books on worldhopping. We don't learn a lot about it from the Cosmere books, and I don't think we've ever seen someone actually worldhop in one of them." She reasoned, standing up and starting to pace back and forth in a line. Pacing, for some odd reason, helped her think. "For all we know, it could be extremely dangerous, and we could end up on the wrong world if we aren't careful. Or possibly worse." She put a 'bookmark' into the book she was reading, put it onto the chair she had been on, and started looking for books on worldhopping. She hadn't gotten to that topic yet, and was really excited to learn more. So far, she had read a few books about different types of investiture so that she could see how they related to physics. But worldhopping was a topic she was extremely interested in, so she eagerly searched for books on it. "Where would the books on worldhopping be..." She muttered, her eyes flicking from shelf to shelf quickly. She walked to a random shelf, and started looking.

I think this scene is one of the most accurate depictions of me so far. :P

1 hour ago, Random Bystander said:

"I don't know." She said, obviously relieved that the subject had been changed. "I say, we read a lot of books on worldhopping. We don't learn a lot about it from the Cosmere books, and I don't think we've ever seen someone actually worldhop in one of them." She reasoned, standing up and starting to pace back and forth in a line. Pacing, for some odd reason, helped her think. "For all we know, it could be extremely dangerous, and we could end up on the wrong world if we aren't careful. Or possibly worse." She put a 'bookmark' into the book she was reading, put it onto the chair she had been on, and started looking for books on worldhopping. She hadn't gotten to that topic yet, and was really excited to learn more. So far, she had read a few books about different types of investiture so that she could see how they related to physics. But worldhopping was a topic she was extremely interested in, so she eagerly searched for books on it. "Where would the books on worldhopping be..." She muttered, her eyes flicking from shelf to shelf quickly. She walked to a random shelf, and started looking.

Suggestion: Ask a librarian. Quietly.

5 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

Evaniel walked out of the holding room, steel rings far more filled. He looks for some sort of armory. 

There isn’t one. It’s a city, not a military installation. Admittedly, there a LOT of spies. Most of them are on leave though.

One of the guards raised a brow. “Looking for something? Because the exit is that way.” She pointed forcefully at the glowing sign reading ‘EXIT’.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2021 at 10:18 AM, Random Bystander said:

weird transition coming in

"I'll help," I offer, and I begin to look around the library as well for books on worldhopping.

20 minutes later, I exasperatedly sigh. "We should just ask the librarian. This place is WAY too large."