On 9/28/2021 at 8:50 PM, Condensation said:

Faith saw (Dayen, was it?) Dayen walking around, and she waved. Her pile of finished books had slowly been growing, and her other pile shrinking. She needed something to do before she finished them all!

It's Daryen, I'm pretty sure.

I spot Faith waving to me. Perfect! I look around for any sign of one of our chaperones- no trace of a Ghostblood anywhere. I quickly walk over. "Hello Faith! Hey, uh, this is rather sudden but uh are you getting a little... tired of New Luthadel?" I lower my voice towards the end of the sentence.

4 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

I spot Faith waving to me. Perfect! I look around for any sign of one of our chaperones- no trace of a Ghostblood anywhere. I quickly walk over. "Hello Faith! Hey, uh, this is rather sudden but uh are you getting a little... tired of New Luthadel?" I lower my voice towards the end of the sentence.

Kelsier smirked, the conversation transmitted to him by the softly vibrating Hordeling resting on the curve of his ear.

Of course he’d bugged them. Did they really expect otherwise?

1 hour ago, AmazingGoob said:

In the beginning post it says Dayen, but Daryen works. :)

"Tired? Of New Luthadel? I mean, not really. Although it'd be cool to explore more. Why, are you?"

2 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier settled on the roof of the library, watching his city. He really was going to have to do something with those kids now that the plot was back on track.

It doesn't need to be Kelsier, just some Ghostblood, Evan would think Kelsier was responsible either way.

Lilliana was loving life! (Or is it death, because she died...) She got to read all day, every day. And, to top it all off, she was in the rusting Cosmere! This scenario was basically her dream come true. Although, she did miss church. She had gotten fairly used to the spike in her eye, but is was still fairly disorienting. At least she could read. She heard people talking, and looked up. 

16 hours ago, Condensation said:

"Tired? Of New Luthadel? I mean, not really. Although it'd be cool to explore more. Why, are you?"

I was silent for a moment. My first thoughts for getting out of here had been sneaking out, but that was ridiculous now that I thought about it. There was no way we were sneaking past Kelsier of all people.

"To be honest, yeah. An I was thinking, uh, we could go get everyone and ask Kelsier if we could go visit somewhere else! Maybe like Sel or maybe Nalthis. I mean, we can't mess with the plots there, they're already happened right?"

Edited by AmazingGoob

On 9/30/2021 at 1:47 PM, AmazingGoob said:

I was silent for a moment. My first thoughts for getting out of here had been sneaking out, but that was ridiculous now that I thought about it. There was no way we were sneaking past Kelsier of all people.

"To be honest, yeah. An I was thinking, uh, we could go get everyone and ask Kelsier if we could go visit somewhere else! Maybe like Sel or maybe Nalthis. I mean, we can't mess with the plots there, they're already happened right?"

"Ooh, that would be so cool! Good idea. Should we go ask him?"

18 hours ago, Condensation said:

"Ooh, that would be so cool! Good idea. Should we go ask him?"

On 9/28/2021 at 11:44 PM, Trutharchivist said:

Hoblim looked up from his notebook and sighed. He trained his memorizing skills, he made a complete Earth-Scadrial calendar comparison - though it was infinitely hard, since stupid Scadrial didn't even have a moon - and he was all too ready to go away. Theoretically speaking. He saw Faith and Dayen standing, both looking somewhat troubled or frustrated. He returned his gaze there and just sat, listening.

On 9/29/2021 at 5:30 PM, Tani said:

Rylia was ready to do stuff now. She was confident enough in her new skills to be tapping Steel constantly, and had read all the books about the other worlds. She thought it would be most fun to go to Roshar next, even though it wouldn't be as easy to get coins there. Spren bonds sounded cool.

Currently she was walking through the city only a little faster than normal people did, looking through shop windows and watching the people. It was... immensely boring, but better than sitting in the library staring at books she'd already read.

She headed back towards the library to check in with the others, and see if they were ready to go somewhere else too.

On 9/30/2021 at 9:55 AM, Random Bystander said:

Lilliana was loving life! (Or is it death, because she died...) She got to read all day, every day. And, to top it all off, she was in the rusting Cosmere! This scenario was basically her dream come true. Although, she did miss church. She had gotten fairly used to the spike in her eye, but is was still fairly disorienting. At least she could read. She heard people talking, and looked up. 

"Well, we should probably get everyone- oh, they're almost all here." I raise my voice a little to say, "Hey, people, want to go petition Kelsier to go visit somewhere else in the Cosmere?"

Edited by AmazingGoob

16 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Well, we should probably get everyone- oh, they're almost all here." I raise my voice a little to say, "Hey, people, want to go petition Kelsier to go visit somewhere else in the Cosmere?"

"Um, as awesome as traveling the Cosmere would be... How am I supposed to worldhop?!?! I'm a rusting cognitive shadow for goodness sake! Other than that, I'm all for it."

We can figure out a way around this easily. This is just something I would bring up, as I would have most likely had thoughts about this prior to the conversation. We could say that something about Insight's investiture makes it easier for my character to worldhop as a cognitive shadow.

8 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

"Um, as awesome as traveling the Cosmere would be... How am I supposed to worldhop?!?! I'm a rusting cognitive shadow for goodness sake! Other than that, I'm all for it."

"We could ask Kelsier. He might know."

4 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

“If I knew,” the Survivor said dryly, “do you REALLY think I’d still be here?”

Hoblim shook his head and turned to the Survivor. "Isn't it your home planet? I'd have thought that you like being here. I see your point, though. It's a bit like Archer's Goon, I guess..."

He looked down at his notebook, then looked up, frowning. "If a person becomes a Cognitive Shadow outside his home planet, to which planet he's locked? If it's the planet he's in at the moment, then why? Isn't it something about Connection?"

1 hour ago, Trutharchivist said:

Hoblim shook his head and turned to the Survivor. "Isn't it your home planet? I'd have thought that you like being here. I see your point, though. It's a bit like Archer's Goon, I guess..."

He looked down at his notebook, then looked up, frowning. "If a person becomes a Cognitive Shadow outside his home planet, to which planet he's locked? If it's the planet he's in at the moment, then why? Isn't it something about Connection?"

“The planet you become a Shadow on,” Kelsier replied. “That’s why Aona’s Shadow is bound to Sel, not Yolen. Investiture clings to the nearest source; fortunately too - otherwise you’d be dragged across the Cosmere if you became one in the wrong system!

”Lili became a Shadow here, and I used Harmony’s Investiture to do it. So she’s as bound as I am.” Or near enough not to make a difference, Kelsier amended internally. “If you want her to leave with you, then our best option is to figure out how you got here. Travel through the Spiritual Realm seems to circumvent the usual rules.”

Not that Kelsier was entirely sure the usual rules applied at all to the Earthers, Cognitive Shadows or no. There was at least a half decent chance they didn’t. But he had no intention of allowing them to consider that - not when they were his best chance of finding a way out of his own predicament.

The Earthers weren’t the only ones who wanted to see the Cosmere.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

2 hours ago, Tani said:

"We don't know anything about the Earth shard. What if things are different for Earth folk?

"Can spren travel?"

“Earth Investiture might be more akin to Endowment’s,” Kelsier allowed, “though I’d need to do more research to say. It’s irrelevant though; I used Harmony’s Investiture to Preserve Lili. A Nalthian Preserved with Scadrian Investiture would be just as trapped.

”And no, Spren cannot normally travel. It would be easier for them, I suspect, as their Investiture is inherent and doesn’t need to be sustained from its source - or other sources, for Returned.” Much like Kelsier himself, in fact. As a Sliver, he was far more strongly Invested than any ordinary Shadow. “Hoid has managed it, but he’s not sharing.”

While Kelsier talked, Hoblim nodded to himself. Ah. So Kelsier hopes we'll help him get out of his system. And a Cognitive Shadow is bounded by the Investiture that made him one, maybe. But, wait...

38 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

“Earth Investiture might be more akin to Endowment’s,” Kelsier allowed, “though I’d need to do more research to say. It’s irrelevant though; I used Harmony’s Investiture to Preserve Lili. A Nalthian Preserved with Scadrian Investiture would be just as trapped.

”And no, Spren cannot normally travel. It would be easier for them, I suspect, as their Investiture is inherent and doesn’t need to be sustained from its source - or other sources, for Returned.” Much like Kelsier himself, in fact. As a Sliver, he was far more strongly Invested than any ordinary Shadow. “Hoid has managed it, but he’s not sharing.”

"You used Harmony's Investiture to preserve Lilliana? But, as far as I remember, she died very suddenly, and was away from us for quite a while. By her description, she didn't even feel the pull of the Beyond, and she was merely a misting back then, wasn't she? She should've been pulled pretty quickly. You were a misborn, and you felt the pull almost instantly."

6 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

While Kelsier talked, Hoblim nodded to himself. Ah. So Kelsier hopes we'll help him get out of his system. And a Cognitive Shadow is bounded by the Investiture that made him one, maybe. But, wait...

"You used Harmony's Investiture to preserve Lilliana? But, as far as I remember, she died very suddenly, and was away from us for quite a while. By her description, she didn't even feel the pull of the Beyond, and she was merely a misting back then, wasn't she? She should've been pulled pretty quickly. You were a misborn, and you felt the pull almost instantly."

“I got to her right away. Bringing her back to the Physical Realm took longer - I had to take care of other things first, and she was safe enough.”

He shrugged, turning away. “You’re free to leave regardless. Except that friend of yours who got drunk and started a bar fight. The laws are worthless if I don’t at least appear to be following them.”

@The Unknown Order 

Does that work for you for why you’re character is locked up? Because that is a reason Kelsier would allow it.

33 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

“I got to her right away. Bringing her back to the Physical Realm took longer - I had to take care of other things first, and she was safe enough.”

He shrugged, turning away. “You’re free to leave regardless. Except that friend of yours who got drunk and started a bar fight. The laws are worthless if I don’t at least appear to be following them.”

@The Unknown Order 

Sure, that works.

57 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

I'm sorry, but that's wrong. Yes, Kell's people had her very quickly, but they did nothing to make sure she wouldn't be drawn to the Beyond, as far as I remember. She became a CS because she was heavily Invested by Insight.