• 2 weeks later...

Morgan plucked a small, rectangular case from his pack, and, fingers shivering in the cold, began to unwrap it. The case contained a bit of food, folded dough stuffed with tomatoe-like fruit, some kind of sauce, whatever spices he had been able to find, cooked to a nice, steaming warmth. The culinary creation was not particularly warm now, as quite a bit of time had passed since he had cooked it, but he looked forward to it nevertheless. He took a bite, some of the sauce dripping down his chin, only to be recaptured by the quick dart of his tongue, and he was content to continue his short meal! Until he remembered... I really should stockpile this, he thought to himself with a grimace. He wasn't that hungry, but he had been excited to consume this particular meal. It had taken him some time (and a lot of experimentation) to recreate this from memory, after all. Sighing to himself, Morgan reached again into his travel pack, this time pulling out a metal arm band. He set the arm band against his upper right arm, right below the shoulder, and engaged the clasps. The metal was cool against his skin, the band a now familiar weight on his arm. With a final sigh, he continued eating his snack.

Edited by EchoOfThePlanes

11 minutes ago, EchoOfThePlanes said:

Morgan plucked a small, rectangular case from his pack, and, fingers shivering in the cold, began to unwrap it. The case contained a bit of food, folded dough stuffed with tomatoe-like fruit, some kind of sauce, whatever spices he had been able to find, cooked to a nice, steaming warmth. The culinary creation was not particularly warm now, as quite a bit of time had passed since he had cooked it, but he looked forward to it nevertheless. He took a bite, some of the sauce dripping down his chin, only to be recaptured by the quick dart of his tongue, and he was content to continue his short meal! Until he remembered... I really should stockpile this, he thought to himself with a grimace. He wasn't that hungry, but he had been excited to consume this particular meal. It had taken him some time (and a lot of experimentation) to recreate this from memory, after all. Sighing to himself, Morgan reached again into his travel pack, this time pulling out a metal arm band. He set the arm band against his upper right arm, right below the shoulder, and engaged the clasps. The metal was cool against his skin, the band a now familiar weight on his arm. With a final sigh, he continued eating his snack.

As far as I know, you still get to taste it, you just don’t gain weight.

@Random Bystander

What’s the policy on unpublished stuff? I’d like to create an Aether user.

13 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

As far as I know, you still get to taste it, you just don’t gain weight.

Yep! You're totally right. Those sighs were because I personally like to feel the weight of food in my stomach, and so that reflects in Morgan too. Plus, you don't get any of the nutrients from the food if you're blanking, which is what he's doing because he's trying to dump as much energy as he can, so he will still be a tad hungry afterwards.

Edited by EchoOfThePlanes

12 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Great!

6 minutes ago, EchoOfThePlanes said:

I think he’d be very hungry, lol!

Sanan dangled from the cliff face, watching the man below. Delicate amberite crystals wreathed her hands, growing into and along the sheer peak, holding her aloft as she watched the man below.

Well, considering our merry group up in New Luthadel: I think we can maybe fast forward to after being a few days in the Ghostblood's custody, and start up at our rooms, starting to be sick of staying and want to run away, maybe sneak to the perpendicularity. Does someone disagree? We can have Morgan arrive at Scadrial at about the same time we start off again. I'll try to tag everyone here.

@Random Bystander, @AmazingGoob, @Condensation, @Tani, @Channelknight Fadran, @EchoOfThePlanes, and maybe @The Unknown Order? And last but not least, @Kingsdaughter613.

Edited by Trutharchivist

16 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

why should you suffer for magical power when you can just buy it off the peasantry

They say that Investiture is easier to obtain on Roshar, though I guess awakening doesn't require anything special really.

Besides, I think we should start on Scadrial, and after we do a quest there we can just split up and do personal quests. So you can each go wherever you like.

On 9/20/2021 at 9:04 PM, Tani said:

Fair enough.

Also now I'm just get the New Luthadel crew moving again

My eyes shot open suddenly, and it took my groggy brain a couple moments to realize where I was; laying on a table, where I had fallen asleep with a book smashed underneath my arms. I looked up at the library's window and groaned- broad daylight.

It had been a month and a half since me and my earthly companions been left in New Luthadel. And while the first few weeks were incredibly fun, the magic of the city quickly wore off once I realized how small it was in reality.

Oh, and the complete lack of internet didn't help.

I stood up, fed up. I walked out the door and began to look for someone to scheme with.

7 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

My eyes shot open suddenly, and it took my groggy brain a couple moments to realize where I was; laying on a table, where I had fallen asleep with a book smashed underneath my arms. I looked up at the library's window and groaned- broad daylight.

It had been a month and a half since me and my earthly companions been left in New Luthadel. And while the first few weeks were incredibly fun, the magic of the city quickly wore off once I realized how small it was in reality.

I stood up, fed up. I walked out the door and began to look for someone to scheme with.

Faith saw (Dayen, was it?) Dayen walking around, and she waved. Her pile of finished books had slowly been growing, and her other pile shrinking. She needed something to do before she finished them all!

2 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

2 hours ago, Condensation said:

Faith saw (Dayen, was it?) Dayen walking around, and she waved. Her pile of finished books had slowly been growing, and her other pile shrinking. She needed something to do before she finished them all!

Hoblim looked up from his notebook and sighed. He trained his memorizing skills, he made a complete Earth-Scadrial calendar comparison - though it was infinitely hard, since stupid Scadrial didn't even have a moon - and he was all too ready to go away. Theoretically speaking. He saw Faith and Dayen standing, both looking somewhat troubled or frustrated. He returned his gaze there and just sat, listening.

Rylia was ready to do stuff now. She was confident enough in her new skills to be tapping Steel constantly, and had read all the books about the other worlds. She thought it would be most fun to go to Roshar next, even though it wouldn't be as easy to get coins there. Spren bonds sounded cool.

Currently she was walking through the city only a little faster than normal people did, looking through shop windows and watching the people. It was... immensely boring, but better than sitting in the library staring at books she'd already read.

She headed back towards the library to check in with the others, and see if they were ready to go somewhere else too.

Edited by Tani

On 9/28/2021 at 9:39 PM, AmazingGoob said:

There is actually internet. Just very localized within the city and surrounding areas.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

Evan stood in the cell. He had gotten into a fight with one of the Ghostbloods, Kelsier hadn't taken kindly to that, so here he was. They had said Evan would be let out today, but when, he had no idea. 

Please do not Godmod. Kelsier did not lock you up.

Kelsier settled on the roof of the library, watching his city. He really was going to have to do something with those kids now that the plot was back on track.