Not sure if I'm doing this right, but... here's my character! I'm not really sure where you guys are, or what you're doing, but I'd like to join if it's alright. :P

Spoiler

Name: Emrys Morgan (goes by the alias “Furthest”)
Appearance: Short (5’1”), lean, short wavy brown hair, hazel eyes that shift color (depending on ambient lighting), pinkish-pale skin.

Skills: Fast reader, decent survival skills, martial arts training, video games, extensive knowledge of the Cosmere (including additional applied experience from being in the Cosmere for so long), can sew, knows first aid, learns languages quickly, can cook, good at strategy.

Strengths: Extremely observant and aware of surroundings, good at emulating others perspectives, good at working with emotions (his own and others), adapts well to situations.

Weaknesses: Bad at focusing on menial tasks, memory problems, insomnia. (The preceding weaknesses only manifest without medication. The following are general weaknesses.) Sensory processing problems (becomes worse without medication, but is always present), doesn’t like crowds, generalized anxiety disorder, social OCD, clinical depression, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.

Personality: Stoic, doesn’t like to complain, neutral to happy most of the time (despite having depression), solves problems as they appear, dislikes lying, very empathetic and understanding but is bad at interacting with groups of friends.

Backstory: Born in Ohio, but moved around the USA quite a bit. Is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Randomly appeared on Sel, and spent the following years training as a Soulforger in the Rose Empire. Member of a group of Forgers that experiment with Feruchemy and Allomancy, has since been relocated to Scadrial.

Investiture: Forgery; SF-Feruchemical/Allomantic Nicrosil, SF-Feruchemical Aluminum, SF-Feruchemical Duralumin, SF-Feruchemical Copper, SF-Feruchemical/Allomantic Bendalloy, SF-Feruchemical/Allomantic Cadmium

*This is basically me, but shorter in height and with a name change.

Edited by EchoOfThePlanes

20 minutes ago, EchoOfThePlanes said:

Not sure if I'm doing this right, but... here's my character! I'm not really sure where you guys are, or what you're doing, but I'd like to join if it's alright. :P

Reveal hidden contents

I'm pretty sure that generally it's fine, though I think your character might be a little OP. By SF you mean essence mark (the kind of soul stamps that changes the Forger himself)? If so, you should still tune them down a bit. I mean, what will you change in your past to make yourself a feruchemist, let alone twinborn?

Except for that, we're kind of trying to figure out a plot now, as you can see. Doesn't block you from joining, though!

The only authority I have here is the one of a control-freak player, so feel free to ignore me.

1 hour ago, Trutharchivist said:

Oh yes! You got it exactly right. SF means Soulforging, or Essence Marks. I cleared it with Random Bystander before I posted the character, but I'd be happy to tone it down a little. I can also explain the exact mechanics of how (and why if you're interested) my character used Soulforging to grant themselves Feruchemical and Allomantic abilities.

57 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

I mean, I play a Fullborn Awakener so if we’re talking OP… I think it’s more about play style than actual power. How do you balance the powers?

That's exactly why I thought it was okay, because I saw your character, and because I agree that it depends on play style. :D

In all honesty I myself would try to gain as much power as I could solely for the purpose of seeing what each power could do, simple curiosity. It's similar with my character. When it comes to balancing, however, I intend to use his various mental conditions as balancing factors. Also, perhaps I should edit this in, but the only actual Feruchemical/Allomantic abilities he has are F/A-Nicrosil, F-Aluminum, and F-Duralumin. The rest are contained within his nicrosilminds, and once he takes those off, he loses the other abilities.

18 minutes ago, EchoOfThePlanes said:

There is a caveat regarding my character though. The DM specifically requested that I bring Kelsier into the RP. So it wasn’t that I created a powerful character who was accepted; I was asked to join to play that character.

The character who is based on me is just an Archivist.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

20 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Ahh, I see. I was wondering about that, so thank you for explaining! As I said, I have absolutely no problem toning down the power of my character. OP characters tend to be hard to play correctly. In my experience, at least.

@Trutharchivist @Kingsdaughter613

How about this: I'll get rid of the F/A Cadmium and A Bendalloy, leaving SF-F/A Nicrosil, SF-F Duralumin, SF-F Aluminum, F Copper, and F Bendalloy. Does that sound good? I'd rather gain the other abilities in roleplay, in all honesty.

On 17.8.2021 at 11:01 PM, EchoOfThePlanes said:

@Trutharchivist @Kingsdaughter613

How about this: I'll get rid of the F/A Cadmium and A Bendalloy, leaving SF-F/A Nicrosil, SF-F Duralumin, SF-F Aluminum, F Copper, and F Bendalloy. Does that sound good? I'd rather gain the other abilities in roleplay, in all honesty.

First, I'll have you know that though tagging while editing a post does work, tagging in a quote box don't. So I saw what you wrote only because I happened to review the thread.

Second, I think it's fine, though the nicrosil compounding might be a little worrying. It's not that usefull, though: when not stamped by your double nicrosil Essence Mark you won't be able to access to your nicrosil feruchemical storage, since you're not a soulbearer anymore. Currently, it's still unknown how you create an unsealed metalminds.

I'll tag Kingsdaughter outside, to see her opinion.

@Kingsdaughter613

On 8/17/2021 at 2:01 PM, EchoOfThePlanes said:

This sounds good.

Also, I don't think your character should have access to the Earth investiture if you have these other abilities.

On 8/19/2021 at 1:04 AM, Trutharchivist said:

First, I'll have you know that though tagging while editing a post does work, tagging in a quote box don't. So I saw what you wrote only because I happened to review the thread.

Second, I think it's fine, though the nicrosil compounding might be a little worrying. It's not that usefull, though: when not stamped by your double nicrosil Essence Mark you won't be able to access to your nicrosil feruchemical storage, since you're not a soulbearer anymore. Currently, it's still unknown how you create an unsealed metalminds.

I'll tag Kingsdaughter outside, to see her opinion.

Ah! Thank you for that information.

In regards to your second note, the nicrosil compounding is for the Essence Marks, actually. As I'm sure you already know, without knowledge of the natural geographic patterns of Scadrial, any Selish Investing Arts (except maybe Dahkor) would be completely inoperable since the Dor is not present on Scadrial. As a temporary solution, my character has stored a piece of Connection-blanked Dor Investiture in aforementioned nicrosilminds, that way he can compound it and still use his abilities. It is known that one can use a non-native Shard's Investiture to fuel an Investing Art, as we can see with (what I'm about to say is a spoiler for parts of the Stormlight Archive) Vivenna and Vasher's usage of Stormlight to fuel their Awakening, but the process by which they accomplished this is unknown.

(Though we can assume that it shouldn't be too hard for an Awakener considering that Stormlight and BioChromatic Breath are both gaseous forms of Investiture.)

Thus leaving me with this solution.

On 8/19/2021 at 7:53 AM, Random Bystander said:

This sounds good.

Also, I don't think your character should have access to the Earth investiture if you have these other abilities.

Thank you.

Terran Investiture? My curiosity is piqued! I'd like to know more, but I do agree, and I am completely fine with this.

@Random Bystander @Kingsdaughter613 @Trutharchivist

(Apologies for double posting.)

Here's the new and improved character sheet:

Spoiler

(This is basically me, but shorter in height and with a name change.)

Name: Emrys Morgan (goes by alias “Furthest”)
Appearance: Short (5’1”), lean, short wavy brown hair, hazel eyes that shift color (depending on ambient lighting), pinkish-pale skin.

Skills: Fast reader, decent survival skills, martial arts training, video games, extensive knowledge of the Cosmere (including additional applied experience from being in the Cosmere for so long), can sew, knows first aid, learns languages quickly, can cook, good at strategy.

Strengths: Extremely observant and aware of surroundings, good at emulating others perspectives, good at working with emotions (his own and others), adapts well to situations.

Weaknesses: Bad at focusing on menial tasks, memory problems, insomnia. (The preceding only manifest without medication. The following weaknesses are always present, but usually worsen without medication.) Sensory processing problems, doesn’t like crowds, generalized anxiety disorder, social OCD, clinical depression, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, is constantly fatigued.

Personality: Stoic, doesn’t like to complain, neutral to happy most of the time (despite having depression), solves problems as they appear, dislikes lying, very empathetic and understanding but is bad at fitting in with groups of friends. Ironically is good at working with groups of people. (Just not friends, rip me.)

Backstory: Born in Ohio, but moved around the USA quite a bit. Is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Randomly appeared on Sel, and spent the following years training as a Soulforger in the Rose Empire. Member of a group of Forgers that experiment with Feruchemy and Allomancy, has since been relocated to Scadrial.

Investiture: Forgery; SF-Feruchemical/Allomantic Nicrosil, SF-Feruchemical Aluminum, N-Feruchemical Duralumin, N-Feruchemical Copper, N-Feruchemical Bendalloy.

SF = Abilities granted via Soulforging.
N = Abilities granted via Nicrosilminds.

On 8/26/2021 at 9:15 AM, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Reminder that Kelsier is in New Luthadel. So it may take him a bit to get to you. Or find out, if you come through a perpendicularity.

o7

I'll come through a perpendicularity, as that makes the most sense for my character. Wait- did Harmony relocate Ruin's perpendicularity? Kelsier destroyed Hathsin, so... I suppose I'll have to use the Well of Ascension then.

On 8/27/2021 at 1:10 PM, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Ah, that's right! Thank you.

I'm going to assume that Harmony's perpendicularity is a Shardpool...

A short, dark haired man emerged from the still waters of Harmony's perpendicularity, breathing deeply in the frigid air. He stepped carefully away from the Investiture-portal, eventually making his way to the snowy shore, all the while taking in the various trees and plants that populate the Seran mountains. Emrys Morgan was clothed in a sort of lose tunic, breathable trousers, and sturdy boots that extended most of the way to his knees. That coupled with a stout traveling pack, a long, silvery staff, and several bracelets and arm bands created an aura of mysterious adventure and exploration around the man. One could plainly tell that he was well suited to traveling long distances, and what a long distance he had come! His sharp hazel eyes continued to sweep the small valley, assessing his new surroundings with vigor. After some time, a small smile crossed Morgan's face as he recalled a similar arrival in a land far, far from this one. It has been a long time since I appeared on Sel, he thought to himself, and yet I still have a hard time believing that I am actually here in the Cosmere. I have come a long way, and now I have finally arrived on Scadrial.

Morgan's gaze crossed over a group of trees not far at all from him, and he was grateful to see them. His breath puffed in front of him, and he was quite chilly. The trees clustered in such a way that they almost formed a semi-circle, a shield against the snow. That looks like a good spot for a break, he decided. The man made his way to the "grove", setting his staff against the trunk of a nearby tree, and finally planting his rear end firmly on the ground. Next came the inevitable searching through his pack for food. He opened the topmost pouch of said pack, and glanced into the dark interior. He was a good adventurer, and like every good adventurer before him, his pack was a complete mess! Of course, he knew where everything was, but any other person lucky enough to behold his splendid pack would perceive a disarray of divine proportions!

18 minutes ago, EchoOfThePlanes said:

Of course, he knew where everything was, but any other person lucky enough to behold his splendid pack would perceive a disarray of divine proportions!

I relate to this so much.

Actually, looking at your character sheet, your character is a lot like mine.

6 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

I relate to this so much.

Actually, looking at your character sheet, your character is a lot like mine.

No matter how hard I try, I can never seem to make things look clean and orderly, even if I've organized it!

I thought the same thing when I read over your character sheet. The only explanation I have is that Emrys is based- well, not just based, he is me, just 6 inches shorter, different name, and about a decade older.