28 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

“Somewhere safe,” he answered. “I was going to ask my brother to help, but he decided to storm off instead.” The Survivor shook his head in mock annoyance. “So, Rylia, what do you say to a bit of flying?” And he pushed himself into the air.

"Um, Kelsier? I kind of haven't ever done this before?"

42 minutes ago, Tani said:

"Um, Kelsier? I kind of haven't ever done this before?"

He grinned down at her. “No time like the present. There’s a coin on the ground there. Stand on top of it and push. I’ll catch you if you start to over balance.”

@Channelknight Fadran

“So what’s the issue?” Marea asked blankly.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

5 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

He grinned down at her. “No time like the present. There’s a coin on the ground there. Stand on top of it and push. I’ll catch you if you start to over balance.”

Rylia stands above the coin, burns steel, and pushes, somehow. She knows the lines, but hasn't ever done this before and couldn't describe it.

She shoots up through the mists, up upupup then slows and stops, unable to go farther. She looks at the other lines extending from her, watching for movement and wondering what to do next.

7 minutes ago, Tani said:

Rylia stands above the coin, burns steel, and pushes, somehow. She knows the lines, but hasn't ever done this before and couldn't describe it.

She shoots up through the mists, up upupup then slows and stops, unable to go farther. She looks at the other lines extending from her, watching for movement and wondering what to do next.

Kelsier followed her up, smiling. “Good. You’ve got decent strength. Now, you’re going to want to find a piece of metal behind you and push on that AND the one below. It’ll move you forward.

”Do you have iron?”

21 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier followed her up, smiling. “Good. You’ve got decent strength. Now, you’re going to want to find a piece of metal behind you and push on that AND the one below. It’ll move you forward.

”Do you have iron?”

"Yes. Do you want me to use that too?

2 hours ago, Tani said:

"Yes. Do you want me to use that too?

Kelsier nodded. “Iron is the compliment to steel. Where one pushes, the other pulls. Use the two together, and you’ll be able to move through the air as easily as along the ground.

”The thing to remember is to balance the two. Every action has its a consequence. Push on something heavier than you, and you get pushed. Push something lighter, and it does. Same for pulls, but the other way around. Learning to modulate them is the true art of Allomancy.

”Allomancy won’t allow you to flip things around with your mind,” not without a LOT of practice and experience anyway. “It won’t work, because that’s not how the physical world works. Both your pushes and pulls are always going to be moving directly away or toward you. Forces, reactions, consequences, understand?”

1 minute ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier nodded. “Iron is the compliment to steel. Where one pushes, the other pulls. Use the two together, and you’ll be able to move through the air as easily as along the ground.

”The thing to remember is to balance the two. Every action has its a consequence. Push on something heavier than you, and you get pushed. Push something lighter, and it does. Same for pulls, but the other way around. Learning to modulate them is the true art of Allomancy.

”Allomancy won’t allow you to flip things around with your mind,” not without a LOT of practice and experience anyway. “It won’t work, because that’s not how the physical world works. Both your pushes and pulls are always going to be moving directly away or toward you. Forces, reactions, consequences, understand?”

"I think so.

"What if I tried to push on a whole group of things that are lighter than me by themselves but heavier than me all together? What moves then?"

Just now, Tani said:

"I think so.

"What if I tried to push on a whole group of things that are lighter than me by themselves but heavier than me all together? What moves then?"

“They do,” Kelsier answered promptly. “It’s the individual object that gets pushed. That’s how a coin shot traditionally attacked: by pushing large numbers of small objects at a target.

”Now,” he instructed, “try pushing yourself forward.”

9 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

“They do,” Kelsier answered promptly. “It’s the individual object that gets pushed. That’s how a coin shot traditionally attacked: by pushing large numbers of small objects at a target.

”Now,” he instructed, “try pushing yourself forward.”

Rylia picks a thread and pushes. The thread grows smaller and then disappears.

She picks a different thread and tries again, a larger thread this time. She flies forwards - and then realizes that she no longer has anything keeping her from falling, since she moved off the coin.

Rylia starts panicking.

Edited by Tani

2 hours ago, Tani said:

Rylia picks a thread and pushes. The thread grows smaller and then disappears.

She picks a different thread and tries again, a larger thread this time. She flies forwards - and then realizes that she no longer has anything keeping her from falling, since she moved off the coin.

Rylia starts panicking.

Kelsier smirked, tossing another coin below Rylia. “Push off it at an upward-forward angle to keep moving toward me,” he instructed. “Use the streetlamps to help you balance in the air. You can also use them for an additional upward thrust. Pull on the metal in that chimney,” he pointed, “to guide yourself toward that roof.”

1 hour ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier smirked, tossing another coin below Rylia. “Push off it at an upward-forward angle to keep moving toward me,” he instructed. “Use the streetlamps to help you balance in the air. You can also use them for an additional upward thrust. Pull on the metal in that chimney,” he pointed, “to guide yourself toward that roof.”

Rylia does as he says and lands safely on the roof, standing shakily.

"I wanna do that again!" she cries, smiling. "But without the falling."

49 minutes ago, Tani said:

Rylia does as he says and lands safely on the roof, standing shakily.

"I wanna do that again!" she cries, smiling. "But without the falling."

Kelsier laughed. “Good! Because you’re going to be doing a lot of it.” He stood at the edge of the roof, arms outspread, hair billowing like a cloud of mist. “You’re an allomancer now, Rylia. The skies and mists are yours to claim. Own that.”

Kelsier laughed. “Good! Because you’re going to be doing a lot of it.” He stood at the edge of the roof, arms outspread, hair billowing like a cloud of mist. “You’re an allomancer now, Rylia. The skies and mists are yours to claim. Own that.”

"Ok let's go! Where're we going?"

2 hours ago, Tani said:

"Ok let's go! Where're we going?"

“To the far islands, out past the Yomend Sea,” Kelsier told her. “It’s where I live these days. New Luthadel is run entirely by my people. It’s the only place on Scadrial I can guarantee the Earthers won’t be.”

@Random Bystander

Is this okay? And should Kell bring everyone else there too?

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

“To the far islands, out past the Yomend Sea,” Kelsier told her. “It’s where I live these days. New Luthadel is run entirely by my people. It’s the only place on Scadrial I can guarantee the Earthers won’t be.”

@Random Bystander

Fine by me, and sure.

Lilliana sneezed. She then went back to reading Warbreaker.