Just now, Vapor said:

"Yessssss. Just... meet all of them. Are you on Brando's fansite? Because if you've read so many of his books, it's probable..." She trailed off. "Sorry if I'm nerding out on you."

"Don't worry. I'm nerding out a bit myself. And yes. I post on the shard as Random Bystander. Mostly in the Role Playing form, but I visit others occasionally. And I have a theory about what is going on here. Do you want to hear it?"

Just now, Random Bystander said:

"Don't worry. I'm nerding out a bit myself. And yes. I post on the shard as Random Bystander. Mostly in the Role Playing form, but I visit others occasionally. And I have a theory about what is going on here. Do you want to hear it?"

"Really?" Gracie grinned. "What is it?"

Just now, Vapor said:

"Really?" Gracie grinned. "What is it?"

My theory is completely fake and only for this Role Play.

"Okay, so you know how Brandon has been saying that there is that one Shard who has been hiding from Odium? And you know how people have speculated that the Shard is Wisdom or Prudence or something? Well what if the Shard is not Wisdom, not Prudence, but Insight. And what if Brandon Sanderson is Insight, and he is giving us all Insights on the Cosmere. And then, our Milky Way Galaxy would be a Shardworld." She grinned. "I mean, people have said that Brandon is just a bunch of robots."

5 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"Okay, so you know how Brandon has been saying that there is that one Shard who has been hiding from Odium? And you know how people have speculated that the Shard is Wisdom or Prudence or something? Well what if the Shard is not Wisdom, not Prudence, but Insight. And what if Brandon Sanderson is Insight, and he is giving us all Insights on the Cosmere. And then, our Milky Way Galaxy would be a Shardworld." She grinned. "I mean, people have said that Brandon is just a bunch of robots."

Gracie grinned. "That'd be awesome."

THIS IS SUCH A COOL IDEA

HOW HAVE NONE OF US DONE THIS ALREADY????

Playing as myself with minor differences. Also, I’m gonna RP in first person, since I’m literally just being me. 

Spoiler

Name: Daniel Walker (might be my real name, might be completely different, might be slightly different, take a guess. :P) Also called “Dan” “Danny” “Dannex” or just “D”.

Backstory: Bla bla boring real life stuff, was magically teleported into Scadrial one day. 

Personality: Literally just me. Just read my ‘about me’ on my profile if you really wanna know. Very very knowledgeable about the cosmere.

Investiture: Oh gosh what to pick. It feels like so much more of a real choice because I’m literally RPing myself uhhhhh let’s go F-Steel, just for fun.

I’ll catch up on the thread and then post my first character bit.

Edited by Dannex

29 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

I actually think I’m gonna change it to A-Steel =P

Coinshot was my first pick, but I had assumed that it was gonna be the most popular choice so I chose something else. Seems like we actually don’t have a single one, so I’ll definitely snatch it. 

Edit: forgot to mention age, I’m 16 and therefore so is character!me.

Ugghhh, AP calc is the worst. I was finally starting to understand derivatives and now we completely abandon them to learn about integrals? What the heck is an integral?!? I need a break...

I set my homework aside and walk towards the front door, grabbing my keys off the table.
“Bye mom,” I yell, “I’m gonna go get a drink at Circle K.”
”Okay! Drive safe!”
”I will.”

I head outside, get in my car, and head to the gas station. On my way there, I notice a lady walking her dogs. I arrive at the station, get my drink (50% Lemon Lime Mountain Dew, 35% Sprite, and 15% lemonade), and leave. As I’m driving, I see the same lady from earlier, except her dogs seem to be giving her a bit of a hard time. Out of nowhere, one rips its leash away from her and runs out into the street, directly in front of me. I stomp on my brakes as hard as I can, and my forehead slams directly into my steering wheel. Everything goes black. 

Suddenly I’m falling through the air. 
What the...
I don’t even have time to process the weirdness of that situation before I’m thrust into a weirder one. Hitting the ground.
Owwwwwwww...
I look around, and I seem to have been lucky enough to land in a...trash bin? I take a sniff. I gag. Maybe not as lucky as I thought...What am I doing in a dumpster? Agh my head is killing me. I remember working on my calc... this is so weird. 

I stand up slowly, holding a hand to my aching head, and suddenly realize I’m not alone. I’m in some sort of alley, and there are other people here too. 

“Erm, Hi?” I grimace. It hurts to talk.

Edited by Dannex

10 minutes ago, Dannex said:

Ugghhh, AP calc is the worst. I was finally starting to understand derivatives and now we completely abandon them to learn about integrals? What the heck is an integral?!? I need a break...

I set my homework aside and walk towards the front door, grabbing my keys off the table.
“Bye mom,” I yell, “I’m gonna go get a drink at Circle K.”
”Okay! Drive safe!”
”I will.”

I head outside, get in my car, and head to the gas station. On my way there, I notice a lady walking her dogs. I arrive at the station, get my drink (50% Lemon Lime Mountain Dew, 35% Sprite, and 15% lemonade), and leave. I see the same lady from earlier, except her dogs seem to be giving her a bit of a hard time. Out of nowhere, one rips its leash away from her and runs directly into the street. I stomp on my brakes as hard as I can, and my forehead slams directly into my steering wheel. Everything goes black. 

Suddenly I’m falling through the air. 
What the...
I don’t even have time to process the weirdness of that situation before I’m thrust into a weirder one. Hitting the ground.
Owwwwwwww...
I look around, and I seem to have been lucky enough to land in a...trash bin? I take a sniff. I gag. Maybe not as lucky as I thought...What am I doing in a dumpster? Agh my head is killing me. I remember working on my calc... this is so weird. 

I stand up slowly, holding a hand to my aching head, and suddenly realize I’m not alone. I’m in some sort of alley, and there are other people here too. 

“Erm, Hi?” I grimace. It hurts to talk.

"You landed in the trash too? Welcome to the club, these luckies just woke up standing." He points with his thumb at the others.

He's wearing a dirty white gi without the belt btw.

Edited by The Unknown Order

10 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

"You landed in the trash too? Welcome to the club, these luckies just woke up standing." He points with his thumb at the others.

“Landed...woke up... what????? Where am I? Who are you?” 

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

"Welcome to Scadrial, where you can fly by eating metal and sleep on command, I'm Evaniel, call me Evan."

“Scadrial...like Scadrial Scadrial? From Mistborn?” I chuckle, “Dude, I don’t know what you’re on, but Scadrial doesn’t exist.” I take another look at my surroundings. “I don’t know what I’m on either for that matter. How’d I end up in a dumpster???”

10 minutes ago, Dannex said:

“Scadrial...like Scadrial Scadrial? From Mistborn?” I chuckle, “Dude, I don’t know what you’re on, but Scadrial doesn’t exist.” I take another look at my surroundings. “I don’t know what I’m on either for that matter. How’d I end up in a dumpster???”

"You fell, through the fourth wall."

3 hours ago, Dannex said:

"We already went through this. He went up to a random guy, and asked where the octant police station was, and he got an answer." She pointed at Alex. "Not to mention the fact that everything is old fashioned, and I saw a Coinshot." She explained "We are in the Cosmere. And in Era 2 Scadrial. Don't worry, he argued for about 10 minutes before we convinced him about this." She pointed to Luke.

7 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

"You fell, through the fourth wall."

3 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

"We already went through this. He went up to a random guy, and asked where the octant police station was, and he got an answer." She pointed at Alex. "Not to mention the fact that everything is old fashioned, and I saw a Coinshot." She explained "We are in the Cosmere. And in Era 2 Scadrial. Don't worry, he argued for about 10 minutes before we convinced him about this." She pointed to Luke.

I blink. 
“whaaaaaa...”

Suddenly it all makes sense. “Oh! I remember what I was doing! Th-the dog and I hit my head and ohhhhhh of course. This is all some sort of hallucination. Some weird trauma induced lucid dream.” I relax, comforted knowing that I had figured out what was going on. I point to each of the other people around me. “You are all figments of my imagination.”

Just now, Dannex said:

I blink. 
“whaaaaaa...”

Suddenly it all makes sense. “Oh! I remember what I was doing! Th-the dog and I hit my head and ohhhhhh of course. This is all some sort of hallucination. Some weird trauma induced lucid dream.” I relax, comforted knowing that I had figured out what was going on. I point to each of the other people around me. “You are all figments of my imagination.”

"What? No. No no no. I am a real person." She paused, and then elbowed him in the side. "See?" She sighed. "Let's go sell the tin-foil now." She started whistling the tune of Bohemian Rhapsody. 

3 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"What? No. No no no. I am a real person."

“Prove it.”

4 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

She paused, and then elbowed him in the side.

“......ow. Doesn’t prove anything though. Maybe I just have a violent subconscious.” I look around. “This is one heck of a dream. I’ve heard lucid dreaming can be crazy, but this is on a whole different level.”

5 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"Let's go sell the tin-foil now.

“Why not. Might as well play along until I wake up. How much do you got?”

Just now, Dannex said:

“Prove it.”

“......ow. Doesn’t prove anything though. Maybe I just have a violent subconscious.” I look around. “This is one heck of a dream. I’ve heard lucid dreaming can be crazy, but this is on a whole different level.”

“Why not. Might as well play along until I wake up. How much do you got?”

She glared at him. "So, we don't have a lot, but we have enough to wrap a sandwich in. I know because that is what it was used for." She grinned, and continued whistling.

11 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

She glared at him. "So, we don't have a lot, but we have enough to wrap a sandwich in. I know because that is what it was used for." She grinned, and continued whistling.

“Hmm. how much do you think that’ll sell for? Do we even know what Era 2 Scadrial’s currency is? Wait, how did you know that aluminum was valuable? Are you cosmere-aware? Oh wait duh, I am, so of course a manifestation of my subconscious would be too.”

34 minutes ago, Dannex said:

“Hmm. how much do you think that’ll sell for? Do we even know what Era 2 Scadrial’s currency is? Wait, how did you know that aluminum was valuable? Are you cosmere-aware? Oh wait duh, I am, so of course a manifestation of my subconscious would be too.”

"Shut it about us being 'manefestations of your subconscious', or I will elbow you again." She warned. "Also, they use boxings in Scadrial if I remember correctly." She grinned. "Anyway, I'm going to invent the first vaccine here. I could tell you the steps if you want. I doubt you know how to vaccines are made. Or I could tell you about the life cycle of malaria. Would that be adequate proof for you?"

Just now, Random Bystander said:

"Shut it about us being 'manefestations of your subconscious', or I will elbow you again." She warned. "Also, they use boxings in Scadrial if I remember correctly." She grinned. "Anyway, I'm going to invent the first vaccine here. I could tell you the steps if you want. I doubt you know how to vaccines are made. Or I could tell you about the life cycle of malaria. Would that be adequate proof for you?"

"Maybe this is a Stephen Leeds situation, and I glanced over all that info at some point and then forgot it. As for the boxings, do we know what the value of one boxing is? Like, in relation to an actual dollar? Maybe someone on the Shard has figured it out." I pull out my phone. "Ah, no connection. Figures."

1 hour ago, Random Bystander said:

She started whistling the tune of Bohemian Rhapsody. 

"Heh, I get it. 'Is this the real life, is it just fantasy...'"

23 minutes ago, Dannex said:

"Maybe this is a Stephen Leeds situation, and I glanced over all that info at some point and then forgot it. As for the boxings, do we know what the value of one boxing is? Like, in relation to an actual dollar? Maybe someone on the Shard has figured it out." I pull out my phone. "Ah, no connection. Figures."

She raised her eyebrow at him. Wait. Why am I not taking the opportunity to use words like 'rusts'? A grin spread over her face. "What the Rusts is a Stephen Leeds situation?"

26 minutes ago, Dannex said:

"Heh, I get it. 'Is this the real life, is it just fantasy...'"

"That... wasn't actually purposeful. The song is stuck in my head, so I need to get it out of my head."

1 minute ago, Random Bystander said:

"What the Rusts is a Stephen Leeds situation?"

"Ya know, the non-cosmere novella by Brandon. Legion. About the guy who stores information in aspects of his subconscious?"

2 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"That... wasn't actually purposeful. The song is stuck in my head, so I need to get it out of my head."

"Well, considering how we're all stuck inside my head, I expect that would be rather difficult."