Elsecaller Shardplate spren WoB

KandraAllomancer

I'd like to discuss some doubts I have about this particular WoB:

ExhibitAa

We know now Kaladin's plate is made of windspren. Is Jasnah's made of logicspren?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes.

General Reddit 2020 (Nov. 24, 2020)

Unfortunately, Jasnah attracting particular type of cousin spren doesn't seem to be described in the books and we don't have Battar's portrait yet. We do have Pali's though, and she does seem to be surrounded by logicspren - their shape matches the description (tiny stormclouds) and logicspren arguably fit Truthwatchers as a whole even better than Elsecallers. Could this WoB be another example of the "Oathbringer is an Honorblade" situation?

Edited by KandraAllomancer

46 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Possibly. Good question to ask I suppose. I wouldn't take the Herald portraits as being completely accurate though. They are in-world representations and could be wrong. 

When it comes to Heralds' look, sure, but I think it would be pretty weird if they had the cousin spren wrong :)

7 hours ago, KandraAllomancer said:

When it comes to Heralds' look, sure, but I think it would be pretty weird if they had the cousin spren wrong :)

If it was made in the last two thousand years, I can totally see an artist putting some spren there because they looked cool, and not because that Herald's respective Radiant order had Shardplate that used that spren. I can easily see spren that aren't the respective cousin spren getting in the "wrong" artwork. 

On 08/02/2021 at 0:14 AM, KandraAllomancer said:

Unfortunately, Jasnah attracting particular type of cousin spren doesn't seem to be described in the books

I distinctly remember her (or things she made like the Verdict) attracting Logicspens. Of course not to the insane levels Shallan and Kaladin go because Logicsprens are rarer than Windsprens (which by the way is probably why she can't share her plate like Kal does). This had actually lead some of us to assume Elscallers' plates were made of Logicsprens back in Oathbringer when Kal attract Windsprens to Shadesmare.

Also, if you're unsure that WoB is true, just ask again :)

On 08/02/2021 at 2:07 AM, KandraAllomancer said:

It would make a lot of sense they'd have this exact one wrong, Pali's effectively the Herald of science. And don't forget they've shown white joysprens around Kelek when they're actually blue

Spoiler

Kalak_Endsheet.png

And we only know one orange spren (painspren) and they definitely don't look like whatever sprens are around Taln

Spoiler

Taln_Endsheet.jpg