Ishar's creepy experiments

MGershone

I was wondering about the creepy stuff Ishar was doing with forcing sentient spren to enter the Physical Realm.

First of all, I'm pretty sure that this is not the same as a spren manifesting, since Cryptics can obviously survive manifestation. Instead, he seems to be forcing them to become physical beings instead of cognitive.

So then: What would happen if he did this to a bonded spren? Would the bond simply disappear, since it can't exist between 2 physical beings? Would they both be Surgebinders? Or would it be something else?

The theory I came up with is ridiculous, but a fun idea: What if the Nahel bond is defined as between 1 cognitive and 1 physical being, so when Ishar shoves the spren into the Physical Realm, the Knight is conversely shoved into the Spiritual? It doesn't make sense, but it would be fun!

It has a strange kind of logic to it. 

I think it would probably be pretty devastating to a radiant. The bond is part of a radiants spirit web. Pulling the spren to the physical realm would probably rip that part of them out of the spirit web. What effect would that have on a radiant? Nothing good.

Edited by KSub

5 minutes ago, Halyo_Alex said:

Well, I was trying to be clever and reference Moash with his literally dead-eyes, his blindness... Guess I was being too obtuse.

Deadeyes can see and Moash's blindness is definitely a side effect of whatever Navani did to him so yeah we would have never got that one^^

It could easily be a Hoed-like effect... OTOH, I am not sure that the Radiant is vulnerable to "bond-related damage" in the same way that the Spren is.

I think the Spren is vulnerable to becoming a Deadeye because the bond lets them be fully intelligent/sapient/conscious/whatever in the Physical Realm, so when the bond is broken it's like ripping out a critical part of their brain... But the human just gets powers from the bond, and they're functional as a human being without those.

• 3 months later...