All the People We Haven't Considered for Odium's Champion

Lightdancer

11 hours ago, mathiau said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ruin had to actively stop Vin from doing thing so I assume a splintered Shard doesn't have it's word to say

Reveal hidden contents

I think I'm missing something.

Spoiler

Although Ruin did stop Vin from doing stuff, it wasn't like he had to say "No", it just seemed that way because while he was stopping her he was delivering his evil villain monologue. It doesn't prove that a splintered Shard doesn't have an effect.

1 hour ago, MGershone said:

I think I'm missing something.

Hide contents

Although Ruin did stop Vin from doing stuff, it wasn't like he had to say "No", it just seemed that way because while he was stopping her he was delivering his evil villain monologue. It doesn't prove that a splintered Shard doesn't have an effect.

Spoiler

Apparently I did like Vasher and translated an idom in a language that doesn't use it.

Ruin had to consciously use his power to stop her, by definition a Splintered Shard don't act consciously

7 hours ago, mathiau said:
  Hide contents

Apparently I did like Vasher and translated an idom in a language that doesn't use it.

Ruin had to consciously use his power to stop her, by definition a Splintered Shard don't act consciously

Kelsier realized Preservation’s power was automatically working to stop Ruin without him specifically intending it. He had to consciously choose to make it stop.