Rock Climbing Guild

I’ve climbed before. I was big into it it middle school, but have gone less as I’ve gotten into running.

I think the obvious choice for a fantasy world to climb on is Roshar. Especially the chasms in the shattered plains

50 minutes ago, Condensation said:

I climb trees... usually not rock. But I've gone bouldering and rappelling.

I love bouldering, but I've only been rappelling once! I'd like to try that again. :D

38 minutes ago, Mage said:

I’ve climbed before. I was big into it it middle school, but have gone less as I’ve gotten into running.

I think the obvious choice for a fantasy world to climb on is Roshar. Especially the chasms in the shattered plains

I would love to climb in the chasms! That was honestly the main one I was thinking of. 

16 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Hey I’m a rock climber!! I go rock climbing at a local indoor gym about twice every week, but it’s been a while since I went outdoor climbing. I only really started in December, but I’ve been loving it so far!

That's awesome! So did you start out doing outdoor climbing? I just went on my first outdoor climbing trip last week, but it was so much fun!

11 hours ago, Shard of Reading said:

I really enjoy climbing trees and rock scrambling. Not exactly rock climbing, but it's still fun.

That counts to me! :D I climb trees when I can't find rocks to climb!

11 hours ago, Liranil said:

That's awesome! So did you start out doing outdoor climbing? I just went on my first outdoor climbing trip last week, but it was so much fun!

Yeah, I did a lot of outdoor climbing with my youth group for really the past three years or so, but now I’m officially on my school’s team, which means a lot more frequent practice, even if it is indoors.

2 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Yeah, I did a lot of outdoor climbing with my youth group for really the past three years or so, but now I’m officially on my school’s team, which means a lot more frequent practice, even if it is indoors.

Your school has a team?? That's so cool! So you do competitions then?

6 hours ago, Liranil said:

Your school has a team?? That's so cool! So you do competitions then?

Yeah!! We have them about once a month, scored by how high you can get, without any limitation on time. It’s really fun, they’ve been getting progressively harder each time, and we’re only on 3/5!

Climber on rock? Rock on climber!

I love that I stumbled upon a few stone fingered friends that also love the cosmere.  I've been climbing for around 5 years now and as enthralled with the sport as I was on day one.  I'm based out of Dallas and climb at the Summit gyms in the surrounding area primarily.  What cosmere magic system would you choose "as a climber?"

• 1 year later...
On 2/15/2021 at 3:08 AM, Lefty Teft said:

Climber on rock? Rock on climber!

I love that I stumbled upon a few stone fingered friends that also love the cosmere.  I've been climbing for around 5 years now and as enthralled with the sport as I was on day one.  I'm based out of Dallas and climb at the Summit gyms in the surrounding area primarily.  What cosmere magic system would you choose "as a climber?"

I love Summit! They always have fun routes. I would probably choose Allomancy. Tin would be really helpful on the wall, as would Pewter!

• 4 months later...