Where was Testament?

Lunu’anaki

I started another thread to discuss deadeyes movement when summoned and dismissed.

Aqua Regia was quick to point out that there would be no point to keeping deadeyes at lasting integrity if they disappeared after being summoned.

If this is true the only way that Testament could have been on that ship is if she had already been at Lasting Integrity when they arrived.

1 minute ago, KSub said:

I started another thread to discuss deadeyes movement when summoned and dismissed.

Aqua Regia was quick to point out that there would be no point to keeping deadeyes at lasting integrity if they disappeared after being summoned.

If this is true the only way that Testament could have been on that ship is if she had already been at Lasting Integrity when they arrived.

Actually he said there was no point keeping them confined anywhere if once unsummoned they didn't returned to the place they where in Shadesmare before being summoned. Shardblades disappearing of Shadesmare when summoned is a fact

1 hour ago, mathiau said:

Actually he said there was no point keeping them confined anywhere if once unsummoned they didn't returned to the place they where in Shadesmare before being summoned. Shardblades disappearing of Shadesmare when summoned is a fact

Correct.

As I interpreted it they disappear but return to the place they were before summoned, which is why the honor spren keep deadeyes in lasting Integrity.

So how could Testament be on the ship? Because she was in Lasting Integrity.

7 minutes ago, KSub said:

So how could Testament be on the ship? Because she was in Lasting Integrity.

I don't understand what ship you are talking about, and I see no reason to think Testament was in Lasting Integrity.  The first time we see Testament is when Adolin and Maya notice her in the market, after the barge makes port.  Her Inkspren friend says he has been caring for her here for a year or two, after finding her on an island far to the east - i.e., near the Shattered Plains.

6 minutes ago, AquaRegia said:

I don't understand what ship you are talking about, and I see no reason to think Testament was in Lasting Integrity.  The first time we see Testament is when Adolin and Maya notice her in the market, after the barge makes port.  Her Inkspren friend says he has been caring for her here for a year or two, after finding her on an island far to the east - i.e., near the Shattered Plains.

It seems to me the Inkspren was on the way to bring Testament to Lasting Integrity. I too don't remember any ship

10 minutes ago, AquaRegia said:

I meant the barge.

OK so Testament has been in the village for a year or two waiting for Shallan to show up? 

Just now, KSub said:

I meant the barge.

OK so Testament has been in the village for a year or two waiting for Shallan to show up? 

Still, no barge with Testament on it in my memory.

The only village I remember is the one where the Inkspren also is and Testament was not waiting for Shallan at that moment

Just now, mathiau said:

Still, no barge with Testament on it in my memory.

The only village I remember is the one where the Inkspren also is and Testament was not waiting for Shallan at that moment

Am I misremembering it. Where does Shallan see Testament?

1 hour ago, mathiau said:

In the town where the Peaksprens leave the group. And later in Lasting Integrity.

I think this is incorrect.  It's in Ch. 29 of RoW if you want to check again.  Only Adolin and Maya see Testament in the town; Shallan stays on the barge to use the cube to talk to Mraize.

There is no evidence of Shallan seeing Testament until the trial in Lasting Integrity.

1 minute ago, AquaRegia said:

I think this is incorrect.  It's in Ch. 29 of RoW if you want to check again.  Only Adolin and Maya see Testament in the town; Shallan stays on the barge to use the cube to talk to Mraize.

There is no evidence of Shallan seeing Testament until the trial in Lasting Integrity.

Yes she didn't. Anyway my point was Testament was not waiting for her at that moment but getting carried around by her friend

Present-day (RoW) Shallan does not see Testament until the trial - and does not recognize her at that time (ch. 90).  Shallan realizes that the deadeye from the trial is HER SPREN only after Veil integrates, immediately before she decides not to kill Kelek (near the end of ch. 93).

My bad. Sorry for sending everyone down this tangent. 

What I was trying to get at is that if we think deadeyes return to shadesmar in the place they were before being summoned then Testament could have been anywhere.

It's odd that she was at Lasting Integrity waiting for Shallan when she arrived. Unless we think there's another reason Testament wanted to go to Lasting Integrity. 

9 hours ago, KSub said:

My bad. Sorry for sending everyone down this tangent. 

What I was trying to get at is that if we think deadeyes return to shadesmar in the place they were before being summoned then Testament could have been anywhere.

It's odd that she was at Lasting Integrity waiting for Shallan when she arrived. Unless we think there's another reason Testament wanted to go to Lasting Integrity. 

2 hours ago, mathiau said:

Maybe that Honoursprens are known to take care of Deadeyes?

Testament was brought to LI after Shallan arrived and the trial began, specifically to "show" that radiants were again breaking there oaths/bonds to spren now, same as in at the recreance. As at the time the honourspren weren't letting in anymore deadeyes because they had no room for more