Sandwich God

Tacitus

19 minutes ago, Omi the Counselor said:

Yeah. I like playing teenagers (They are easier for me to play because I am a teenager), so I don't think it is too far-fetched for her to have crazy ideas. Especially with her concentration issues.

Also, I don't want that to take forever, so I am making a pickling machine. Don't judge. :P

Rowan walked over through the large hallway, and went to a workstation with her name on the front. It was piled with all sorts of ingredients. She cracked her knuckles, pulled her hair up, put on some headphones, started some music (it helped her stay focused a little bit better), washed her hands, and got to work. She decided to start putting random stuff in jars to pickle it. Some of it seemed really gross, but so were some of the essential sandwich ingredients. She put some of the jars into the strange machine that could speed up the pickling process somehow, and turned it on. After a few minutes, she took the jars out. One of the jars looked nastier than the rest combined. She selected that jar (it had been tinted red), and opened it. She gagged. This smells nasty. She pulled out some bread, put on mayo, mustard, pickles, some of the pickled fish, lettuce, and 2 slices of cheddar cheese. She closed the horrible smelling sandwich, and stared at it for a moment before setting it aside and starting on another sandwich.

Edited by Random Bystander

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A busied figure burst into the room, arms full of both sandwich ingredients and papers. Somewhat gently, they were set down on a center table. "Ah, don't mind me," He said, "Just keep on sandwichin'. We like to get goin' right away. I see a couple of you have already made a sandwich or two. Don't worry if your sandwiches aren't Imbued on the first day. It takes a fairly special talent to..." He drifted off as he saw what was easily recognizable as blood-pickled trout. The employee at that station... Rowan, it seemed, wore headphones as she made her sandwiches. We'll have to watch that one... more importantly, at least for the moment, we need to keep an eye on that sandwich. This Rowan could either be an incredible asset, or an immense danger. If Niir was right, then that sandwich was Imbued. It did, indeed, have the glow of it. Or at least to Niir's eyes. It had required a very specific sandwich to give him what Vakash called "Sandwich senses". Niir strolled around the room, occasionally conversing with a few of the employees, but he always watched that sandwich. Vakash would be quite interested in this Rowan, Niir guessed. As he left the room, he called a Sense-thrower to watch the sandwich. A trusted sense-thrower.

Vakash touched the brick, and turned it into bread. Whole wheat. With ham chunks in it. Vakash looked at his hands. He couldn't even access the Sandwich's full capability yet, but it was already so powerful. His Tolls had connected, compounded into something new. It was eating Vakash alive. But when he held this sandwich in him, the Toll faded. With the bond, he could live free of the Toll. Thank the Sandwich God for Causing this sandwich.

3 minutes ago, Omi the Counselor said:

A busied figure burst into the room, arms full of both sandwich ingredients and papers. Somewhat gently, they were set down on a center table. "Ah, don't mind me," He said, "Just keep on sandwichin'. We like to get goin' right away. I see a couple of you have already made a sandwich or two. Don't worry if your sandwiches aren't Imbued on the first day. It takes a fairly special talent to..." He drifted off as he saw what was easily recognizable as blood-pickled trout. The employee at that station... Rowan, it seemed, wore headphones as she made her sandwiches. We'll have to watch that one... more importantly, at least for the moment, we need to keep an eye on that sandwich. This Rowan could either be an incredible asset, or an immense danger. If Niir was right, then that sandwich was Imbued. It did, indeed, have the glow of it. Or at least to Niir's eyes. It had required a very specific sandwich to give him what Vakash called "Sandwich senses". Niir strolled around the room, occasionally conversing with a few of the employees, but he always watched that sandwich. Vakash would be quite interested in this Rowan, Niir guessed. As he left the room, he called a Sense-thrower to watch the sandwich. A trusted sense-thrower.

Vakash touched the brick, and turned it into bread. Whole wheat. With ham chunks in it. Vakash looked at his hands. He couldn't even access the Sandwich's full capability yet, but it was already so powerful. His Tolls had connected, compounded into something new. It was eating Vakash alive. But when he held this sandwich in him, the Toll faded. With the bond, he could live free of the Toll. Thank the Sandwich God for Causing this sandwich.

I'm just going to assume that the sandwiches are all disgusting.

Rowan was able to make sandwiches very fast. She slathered pesto onto one slice of bread, and strawberry jam on another. She added provolone cheese, bacon, tomato, and pickles. She put it aside, and was about to start another when the man who had walked in started staring at her first sandwich. Did I do something wrong? I mean, the sandwich IS really disgusting...

Niir walked back into the room, having told a few of Vakash's higher staff about the sandwich. He walked over towards Rowan. Most of her sandwiches were glowing to Niir's eyes, showing that they were imbued. "So," He started, eyes stuck on the blood-pickled trout, "How exactly do you think these up?" He realized his mistake, and rephrased. "I mean, they're not bad. Quite the opposite, actually. Well, in taste, maybe, but that's not the important bit." He sighed. "What I mean to say, is, they're almost all Imbued. That is, they work as a sandwich." Niir had a certain talent for saying little in many words. He suspected it was part of his Toll. Niir raised an eyebrow. "Okay. I want you to try something. Get some bread, spread both pieces with Nutella. Then put a slice of cheese on one and spread strawberry jam on the other. That's one of the most basic recipies for a Strength Sandwich. Once you do that, how would you change it to make it... Say, last longer." The instructions were vague, on purpose. Niir was trying to see if she could, by instinct, create an Endurance-enhancing sandwich.

Just now, Omi the Counselor said:

Niir walked back into the room, having told a few of Vakash's higher staff about the sandwich. He walked over towards Rowan. Most of her sandwiches were glowing to Niir's eyes, showing that they were imbued. "So," He started, eyes stuck on the blood-pickled trout, "How exactly do you think these up?" He realized his mistake, and rephrased. "I mean, they're not bad. Quite the opposite, actually. Well, in taste, maybe, but that's not the important bit." He sighed. "What I mean to say, is, they're almost all Imbued. That is, they work as a sandwich." Niir had a certain talent for saying little in many words. He suspected it was part of his Toll. Niir raised an eyebrow. "Okay. I want you to try something. Get some bread, spread both pieces with Nutella. Then put a slice of cheese on one and spread strawberry jam on the other. That's one of the most basic recipies for a Strength Sandwich. Once you do that, how would you change it to make it... Say, last longer." The instructions were vague, on purpose. Niir was trying to see if she could, by instinct, create an Endurance-enhancing sandwich.

She grabbed a bunch of ingredients, and did what he said. She then bit her lip, and looked over the ingredients. She then grabbed a previously fried egg and a slice of lettuce and placed them inside the sandwich. She looked at the man hopefully. "I think that is what I'd add, but I'm not quite sure if it's correct..."

Niir raised his other eyebrow. He merely grabbed some pepper, sprinkled it over the egg, and closed the sandwich. Immediately, it began to glow. "You, Rowan, have quite the talent for Sandwicology. Either that, or you have more luck than any one person has a right to have. I think I will take you as my personal apprentice." He paused. "An older term, I suppose, but Va- The Breadlord has a certain fondness for that sort of thing."

1 minute ago, Omi the Counselor said:

Niir raised his other eyebrow. He merely grabbed some pepper, sprinkled it over the egg, and closed the sandwich. Immediately, it began to glow. "You, Rowan, have quite the talent for Sandwicology. Either that, or you have more luck than any one person has a right to have. I think I will take you as my personal apprentice." He paused. "An older term, I suppose, but Va- The Breadlord has a certain fondness for that sort of thing."

All I do is make the sandwiches as nasty as possible... Is that how it works? Just pick the right combination of disgusting ingredients, and Voila! Magic sandwich! "Okay. Um, do I keep making sandwiches... or..."

37 minutes ago, Omi the Counselor said:

Niir thought for a moment. "Yes, I suppose. I'll need some time to prepare. I'll come again, some time later. Just... Experiment around, I guess."

Rowan nodded. She made the ingredients in the sandwiches clash as much as possible. They all looked nasty. She then got an idea. There was this one fruit that was supposed to be extremely stinky. What if she pickled that? The fruit is called a Durian, right? She looked for one, and surprisingly found one. She then cut it open, and stuffed the fruit into a jar along with some vinegar. She grinned. I think I like this job. Once the fruit was properly pickled, she put some ketchup on a slice of bread, added swiss cheese, zested an orange, added the pickled fruit, and put in a piece of corned beef.

Edited by Random Bystander

On 2/8/2021 at 10:20 AM, Random Bystander said:

Rowan nodded. She made the ingredients in the sandwiches clash as much as possible. They all looked nasty. She then got an idea. There was this one fruit that was supposed to be extremely stinky. What if she pickled that? The fruit is called a Durian, right? She looked for one, and surprisingly found one. She then cut it open, and stuffed the fruit into a jar along with some vinegar. She grinned. I think I like this job. Once the fruit was properly pickled, she put some ketchup on a slice of bread, added swiss cheese, zested an orange, added the pickled fruit, and put in a piece of corned beef.

Rubs hands together

Who's ready for me to jump in with little context because I'm rushed for time? Just kidding, you don't get a choice.

Khutan knocked on the door, humming a strange tune as he lifted the package back up from the ground and waited.

Edited by The Ward's Guard

On 2/8/2021 at 11:20 AM, Random Bystander said:

A random guy with black hair appears close to you, grabs the sandwich, takes a bite, and says, "Disgusting," before disappearing again.

Rowan grabbed 2 pieces of sourdough, and spread jam on one of the pieces. She spread guacamole on the other, added some turkey, honey mustard, tomato, marshmallow fluff, and 3 pieces of jalapeno cheddar cheese. It looked and sounded nasty.

@The Unknown Order

Here is another nasty sandwich. This one almost seems worse than the blood-pickled trout one. :P

1 hour ago, Random Bystander said:

Rowan grabbed 2 pieces of sourdough, and spread jam on one of the pieces. She spread guacamole on the other, added some turkey, honey mustard, tomato, marshmallow fluff, and 3 pieces of jalapeno cheddar cheese. It looked and sounded nasty.

@The Unknown Order

He appears again, "That is...I'm not even going to try to eat that." He disappears. 

The door is opened by a woman, dressed in a sandwich chef's clothes, but made them look like what a drill sergeant would wear. "What?" She asked in a forceful voice, before seeing that some person was already opening the package. Looking at who could only be the intended deliverer, she asked, "I assume that's ours?"

13 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

Some guy with black hair pops up behind you, "What's that?" It disappears and reappears in his hands. He starts opening it.

Reveal hidden contents

Actually what is it?

The delivery guy jumped, "jeez man, back off!" He tried to smack away the prying hands.

6 hours ago, Omi the Counselor said:

The door is opened by a woman, dressed in a sandwich chef's clothes, but made them look like what a drill sergeant would wear. "What?" She asked in a forceful voice, before seeing that some person was already opening the package. Looking at who could only be the intended deliverer, she asked, "I assume that's ours?"

Khutan looked up to the chef, "er yes." He smacked at the man's hands again, "that is, if you are Ms. Lirianial."

6 hours ago, The Ward's Guard said:

The delivery guy jumped, "jeez man, back off!" He tried to smack away the prying hands.

Khutan looked up to the chef, "er yes." He smacked at the man's hands again, "that is, if you are Ms. Lirianial."

He teleported the box from you, but what is it?