Sandwich God

Tacitus

Vakash the Breadlord sat on his simple stone throne, in the large chamber cleverly hidden under the sandwich shop. In his hands, a sandwich. Quite possibly the most powerful the world would ever know. It had taken his sandwiches several months to perfect the blood-pickled trout sandwich. But they had tested it. It allowed a man to create bread. And Jams. And jellies. And butters, and anything that could be used for a sandwich. Unlimited power. Vakash threw his hearing into the shop above. He listened carefully for any disturbances. None. Simply commoners, buying common sandwiches. Most of them would never know a true sandwich. There was a reason Vakash called himself the Breadlord. He had bonded all eight basic sandwiches. He was the most powerful being that had existed since the Sandwich God died. And once he had bonded the blood-pickled trout sandwich, none could stop him. The Tolls of all of his bonds strengthened exponentially with every new sandwich, but with enough, the power provided strength to overcome them. Vakash ate the sandwich he held, practically shoving it down his throat. As he felt it settle in his stomach, he smiled. One week, a blood-pickled trout sandwich a day. And then none could stop him.

Magic system:

Spoiler

When a True Sandwich is eaten, it grants the eater an ability. There are many forms and variations of sandwiches, but there are eight basic types. When one eats a True Sandwich every day for a week, a bond is formed, and they permanently acquire the ability, but with the added disadvantage of a Toll. Only one True sandwich may be eaten per day, but multiple Bonds can be formed, though the Tolls play off each other and amplify with every new bond. Multiple bonds are rare.

Sense-Enhancing/Toll: Idle lack of concentration

Sense-Throwing (Hearing, feeling, seeing a different room.)/Toll: Idle lack of patience

Strenth-enhancing/ toll: Idle slowness of mind

Telekinesis (Lifting of the arm is still needed, but distance is void.)/ Toll: Idle slowness of body

Channeling (Energy is poured into muscles and organs at will to help them function)/Toll: Idle aches

Limb-dropping/ Toll: Burns easily

Portal-opening: Toll: Idle depth perception loss

Conjuring (Objects are semi-slowly dragged through matter to the user)/Toll: Idle sight loss

Idle: Occurs primarily when the ability is not used. 

As an addition to each Toll, there is added general fatigue and weakness, usually after using the Bond more powerfully than usual

There is an occult group, rivaling the Sandwich God's, (Leadership passed down to The Breadlord), That make hot dogs with similar rules to Sandwiches, primarily allowing control over the elements. (Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Light). However, having multiple Hotdog bonds is entirely impossible. It is, in fact, possible for one to have one Sandwich bond and one Hotdog bond at a single time, but this is something very few people know of.

If you would like a specific type of altered Sandwich bond, just ask, and I'll see if it's possible

Edited by Omi the Counselor

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Omi the Counselor said:

Vakash the Breadlord sat on his simple stone throne, in the large chamber cleverly hidden under the sandwich shop. In his hands, a sandwich. Quite possibly the most powerful the world would ever know. It had taken his sandwiches several months to perfect the blood-pickled trout sandwich. But they had tested it. It allowed a man to create bread. And Jams. And jellies. And butters, and anything that could be used for a sandwich. Unlimited power. Vakash threw his hearing into the shop above. He listened carefully for any disturbances. None. Simply commoners, buying common sandwiches. Most of them would never know a true sandwich. There was a reason Vakash called himself the Breadlord. He had bonded all eight basic sandwiches. He was the most powerful being that had existed since the Sandwich God died. And once he had bonded the blood-pickled trout sandwich, none could stop him. The Tolls of all of his bonds strengthened exponentially with every new sandwich, but with enough, the power provided strength to overcome them. Vakash ate the sandwich he held, practically shoving it down his throat. As he felt it settle in his stomach, he smiled. One week, a blood-pickled trout sandwich a day. And then none could stop him.

Magic system:

Reveal hidden contents

When a True Sandwich is eaten, it grants the eater an ability. There are many forms and variations of sandwiches, but there are eight basic types. When one eats a True Sandwich every day for a week, a bond is formed, and they permanently acquire the ability, but with the added disadvantage of a Toll. Only one True sandwich may be eaten per day, but multiple Bonds can be formed, though the Tolls play off each other and amplify with every new bond. Multiple bonds are rare.

Sense-Throwing (Hearing, feeling, seeing a different room.)/Toll: Idle lack of patience

Telekinesis (Lifting of the arm is still needed, but distance is void.)/ Toll: Idle slowness of body

Channeling (Energy is poured into muscles and organs to help them function)/Toll: Idle aches

Conjuring (Objects are semi-slowly dragged through matter to the user)/Toll: Idle sight loss

As an addition to each Toll, there is added general fatigue and weakness, usually after using the Bond more powerfully than usual

There is an occult group, rivaling the Sandwich God's, (Leadership passed down to The Breadlord), That make hot dogs with similar rules to Sandwiches, primarily allowing control over the elements. (Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Light). However, having multiple Hotdog bonds is entirely impossible. It is, in fact, possible for one to have one Sandwich bond and one Hotdog bond at a single time, but this is something very few people know of.

If you would like a specific type of altered Sandwich bond, just ask, and I'll see if it's possible

What the heck is this?! I'll join.

1 hour ago, Omi the Counselor said:

Magic system:

Hide contents

Channeling (Energy is poured into muscles and organs to help them function)/Toll: Idle aches

Could you bond the same sandwich multiple times to increase the power of both the Toll and Ability?

1 minute ago, Dannex said:

Could you bond the same sandwich multiple times to increase the power of both the Toll and Ability?

No, however, there are modifications one can make on a sandwich to do this, if probably to a lesser extent. I guess, though, if one bonded two different variations of a similar sandwich, perhaps, but you'd have to be ready to deal with some serious Toll-age (Like, more than just twice the Toll's power.)

1 minute ago, Omi the Counselor said:

1 hour ago, Omi the Counselor said:

I just wanted a way to have a very powerful Conjurer, but they’re completely blind. Is that possible?

1 minute ago, Dannex said:

I just wanted a way to have a very powerful Conjurer, but they’re completely blind. Is that possible?

That seems good, via bonding multiple variations of a conjuring sandwich. (Though, depending on how many bonds, and which sandwiches, the character could possibly also have a slight dull on their other senses.)

Yes, with rapid opening and closing of portals in the character. That would cause... Okay, so, as an added part of the Toll of Depth perception loss, sometimes the teleportation portals may be skewed, and not quite come out where they're supposed to. (Not like, a different country. Maybe like a few feet away, or, if teleporting far enough, around a hundred feet skewed.)

And, if you want too, they could also sometimes get stomach cramps. (Do I like torturing people? I think I might.)

Edited by Omi the Counselor

Just now, Random Bystander said:

You could also have using the powers make that person very hungry.

Hungry for sandwiches...

...Mm, ah, yes. That could also be a thing. Anyway, whoever wants to start can start. Generally, there'll probably be three alliances: Vakash's, the people rebelling against Vakash, and possibly one more. Hot dog people? Anarchists? If anyone wants to start a third group, they can do that.

34 minutes ago, Omi the Counselor said:

I guess I'll start then? I guess? I'll write up a character sheet if you want me to.

Rowan walked into the sandwich shop. She had just barely created a sandwich bond, and she was able to enhance her senses. I'm hungry. She thought absently. I like that lady's shirt. That bird is loud. Did I finish my homework? Wait. No. Focus. With that, she walked into the back of the shop. 

I'm just going to say that she is a new employee of Vakash's.

In the back of the shop, there stood a taller man, who seemed to be yelling. No sound escaped his mouth, because he was throwing his voice into other rooms. A newer sandwich modification. He noticed Rowan, and recalled his voice. "You're the new one, then?" He didn't wait for Rowan to respond. "I'll send you over to Rigain, then. Behind me, second door to the right. Your right. He'll brief you and a few other new employees." And he continued to yell into other rooms, presumably shouting orders. Despite the radical modifications to the sandwich, he could still throw his other senses around, just with the added ability of voice throwing. As far as Vakash's scientists could tell, the only added Toll was an Idle dryness of throat and mouth.

What exactly was Rowan hired to do?

2 hours ago, Omi the Counselor said:

In the back of the shop, there stood a taller man, who seemed to be yelling. No sound escaped his mouth, because he was throwing his voice into other rooms. A newer sandwich modification. He noticed Rowan, and recalled his voice. "You're the new one, then?" He didn't wait for Rowan to respond. "I'll send you over to Rigain, then. Behind me, second door to the right. Your right. He'll brief you and a few other new employees." And he continued to yell into other rooms, presumably shouting orders. Despite the radical modifications to the sandwich, he could still throw his other senses around, just with the added ability of voice throwing. As far as Vakash's scientists could tell, the only added Toll was an Idle dryness of throat and mouth.

Uh... I don't know exactly what we actually do, so I'm not quite sure.

Rowan nodded, and walked through the door. The whole magic sandwich thing was still new to her, and she still found it very weird. She went inside, and sat down. Hm, I think I forgot to take out the trash. I want to go see that new movie... Ack! Stay focused. 

In the room stood a man at average height, yet imperious all the same. He looked around the room, though no one could quite tell what he was looking for.

Hmm... You know, that's a good point. Primarily, the categories of work would be sandwich making (and testing), autonomy (Like, you know, getting food), defense, and then the people who do whatever Vakash feels like he wants to do.

54 minutes ago, Omi the Counselor said:

In the room stood a man at average height, yet imperious all the same. He looked around the room, though no one could quite tell what he was looking for.

She will be a professional sandwich maker. Imagine someone asking what your job is, and you have to reply "Oh, I make magical sandwiches." Wait. I've got it. We could call it Sandwicology (Sandwich in Latin is apparently sandwico, so it works.) :P THE STUDY OF SANDWICHES!

Rowan watched as a few other people entered the room. Wow. That guy's nose hairs are REALY long. I wonder if any of the sandwiches could help me get better grades. What time is it... This Toll is going to need some getting used to.

Rigain spoke. "You all have been hired by The Breadlord, as a crew of his sandwich makers. This position is one of the most valuable in his organization. To make sandwiches, and to discover new ones." He leaned against the wall, and eyed the recruits. "Let me tell you a story. In the early days, almost five years after the Sandwich God died, The Breadlord took over his organization. He immediately set to work, trying to uncover new sandwiches." He eyed the door, and spoke more quietly. "Those Sandwicologists stumbled across... something new. If you make a sandwich, and it doesn't fit into any of the basic eight categories, bring it to Vakash immediately."

The door opened, and a thin man stepped inside, and looked Rigain over. With an almost imperceptible glare at Rigain, he turned to the employees. "Don't let him fill you with nonsense. There are no sandwiches outside of the eight basics. Anything else is either a false sandwich or a hotdog." He spat the word out. Rigain got the message. The blood-pickled trout sandwich bond could not be compromised. But what if there were more sandwiches? Those early sandwicolologists stumbled upon, the blood-pickled trout, only perfected recently, that didn't very well fit into any category. What if other sandwiches could be discovered?

3 minutes ago, Omi the Counselor said:

Rigain spoke. "You all have been hired by The Breadlord, as a crew of his sandwich makers. This position is one of the most valuable in his organization. To make sandwiches, and to discover new ones." He leaned against the wall, and eyed the recruits. "Let me tell you a story. In the early days, almost five years after the Sandwich God died, The Breadlord took over his organization. He immediately set to work, trying to uncover new sandwiches." He eyed the door, and spoke more quietly. "Those Sandwicologists stumbled across... something new. If you make a sandwich, and it doesn't fit into any of the basic eight categories, bring it to Vakash immediately."

The door opened, and a thin man stepped inside, and looked Rigain over. With an almost imperceptible glare at Rigain, he turned to the employees. "Don't let him fill you with nonsense. There are no sandwiches outside of the eight basics. Anything else is either a false sandwich or a hotdog." He spat the word out. Rigain got the message. The blood-pickled trout sandwich bond could not be compromised. But what if there were more sandwiches? Those early sandwicolologists stumbled upon, the blood-pickled trout, only perfected recently, that didn't very well fit into any category. What if other sandwiches could be discovered?

Rowan nodded. I did always think hotdogs were gross. Who wants to eat meat that is THAT processed. 

1 minute ago, Omi the Counselor said:

Rigain let out a small sigh. "Then, go through the door behind me. It'll lead you to the Sandwicology branch. The underground complex is very large, so try not to get lost."

The thin man, Avish, gave a nod to Rigain and left the room.

@Dannex @The Ward's Guard @The Unknown Order

Rowan went through the door. She grinned. She hadn't known that by applying for a job here she would get to experiment making magic sandwiches! It was so cool! She had passed every test they had thrown at her, and done it quickly and efficiently. Finally, something I am good at! Oh, my shoe laces are untied. She bent down to tie her shoes.

I'm going to make her really good at this. Would you mind if she accidentally made one of those nasty sounding trout sandwiches? On accident? Without knowing that she was making anything special?

Just now, Random Bystander said:

I'm going to make her really good at this. Would you mind if she accidentally made one of those nasty sounding trout sandwiches? On accident? Without knowing that she was making anything special?

Naw, that'd be great. Just imagining the look on... every single person's face. But you're the one who's got to figure out how to blood-pickle a trout.:P