Hoid’s travels

Dakaladin

Not sure if this belongs in this thread or if it should have a spoiler box since it relates to Wax and Wayne books so I’ll just put the question in a spoiler box. 

Spoiler

We know hoid is bonded to a spren making him a radiant and we also know that radiant a can’t leave Roshar. However we also know that Hoid gives Wax the coppermind coin at the end of The Bands of Mourning which takes place after book 5 of SLA. So how was he able to travel between planets if he’s radiant? Is it just special Hoid powers or did he discover the answer to what Kelsier is trying to solve? Maybe this will be answered by the end of book 5 but figured I’d ask here to see what theories you all have  

Thanks.  I found the conversation (ch. 13).  In the space of half a page, he says

1) "Investiture is bound to it's home planet"; 2) "Radiants and spren Connected to Roshar are bound by the same laws"; and 3) "I have unlocked the secret to the Connection problem." 

One could interpret these statements as "Radiants are trapped on Roshar NOW... but once I carry out my plan, they won't be any longer."

MB Era 2 spoilers inside

Spoiler

Feruchemy allows for storage of both Connection and Investiture; in tBoM we see unkeyed metalminds, usable by anyone.  How did the Southern Scadrians learn how to make such things?  Their Soveriegn showed them.  Why?  BECAUSE HE NEEDS THEM TO GET OFF SCADRIAL.

2 hours ago, AquaRegia said:

Thanks.  I found the conversation (ch. 13).  In the space of half a page, he says

1) "Investiture is bound to it's home planet"; 2) "Radiants and spren Connected to Roshar are bound by the same laws"; and 3) "I have unlocked the secret to the Connection problem." 

One could interpret these statements as "Radiants are trapped on Roshar NOW... but once I carry out my plan, they won't be any longer."

MB Era 2 spoilers inside

Hide contents

Feruchemy allows for storage of both Connection and Investiture; in tBoM we see unkeyed metalminds, usable by anyone.  How did the Southern Scadrians learn how to make such things?  Their Soveriegn showed them.  Why?  BECAUSE HE NEEDS THEM TO GET OFF SCADRIAL.

Actually, Kell only gave the Southerners heat medallions. They figured out the rest on their own after he left.