I think vyre will become odium

Adonoliusm

I think there has been to much character development for T favoring him holding Odium for good. Also, Brandon has already killed one vessel, so I don’t think he’s kill Odium’s vessel two books in a row. Shardic hot potato is not a good narrative decision in my opinion. In addition, I really don’t think that Vyre would want it. He is far too interested in being devoid of negative emotion To be interested in becoming the personification of passion.

T is also a far more terrifying prospect of a vessel, and I think The Epigraphs from the letter heavily point to someone like T being the most dangerous kind of person to hold a shard. He’s also not going to fall for the same trick that got him where he is now, so we’d need a new way to kill him. Possible, but I doubt it will happen in the next book.

Edited by Crucible of Shards
More thoughts

I thought about this myself, with all the emphasis  put on Vyre’s Connection to Odium, it seemed like a possibility. By the end of the book though, I just don’t see it happening.

Taravangian was built up to be a far more dangerous vessel than Rayse, and I don’t think Vyre could ever really match that. He lacks the cunning and long term planning that makes Taravangian a proper end game villian.

On 05/02/2021 at 8:15 PM, Bejardin1250 said:

(and the only good character conclusion for moash is death)

If Brandon really want to flex his writing skills he might have a redemption arc, probably of the redemption=death type though.