Things we still don't know about Rosharan magics

Gilphon

10 minutes ago, LewsTherinTelescope said:

Lift brings back Gawx in Words of Radiance, and Wyndle believes in Edgedancer that if she had been there immediately she might even have been able to heal the girl Nale killed with his Shardblade.

A slit throat don't kill you instantly, it makes you collapse instantly so it looks like you did but you did not. I've always interpreted the line from Wyndle as "you can't heal Shardblade wounds with Regrowth yet"

Probably just similar to how Soulcaster fabrials can only Soulcast certain Essences, the fabrials are just more limited in their application of the Surge and can only use a subset of its power?

Probably

1 minute ago, mathiau said:

A slit throat don't kill you instantly, it makes you collapse instantly so it looks like you did but you did not.

Brandon's confirmed he died.

...Yes, Szeth totally died from that fall--just as the young man that Lift revived had died from what he suffered. We know that Stormlight can fix the body and bring back the dead, so long as very little time has passed....

/r/books AMA 2015 (May 8, 2015)

3 minutes ago, mathiau said:

I've always interpreted the line from Wyndle as "you can't heal Shardblade wounds with Regrowth yet"

He says that if she had gotten there immediately, she probably would have been able to. I had interpreted the last part about not enough power to mean not enough Light, but I could definitely be wrong.

“Too much time passed for this one, mistress,” Wyndle said softly. “I’m sorry.”

“Gawx was longer.”

“Gawx wasn’t slain by a Shardblade,” Wyndle said. “I … I think that humans don’t die instantly, most of the time. Oh, my memory. Too many holes, mistress. But I do know that a Shardblade, it is different. Maybe if you’d reached this one right after. Yes, you’d have been able to then. It was just too long. And you don’t have enough power, either way.”

I think Cultivation's surge binding is going to be more related to helping animals and plants. We have multiple mentions that cultivation is more about that realm than the realm of humans. There is quite a large ocean on Roshar, so who knows what is happening down there with sentient animals like Santhids, Reshi-Isles, and potentially Casmfields. 

I am very curious to know all the fishymancer powers the fish from the Purelake can bring. Is this just fish of the Purelake, or are there perhaps other food-based abilities lurking on Roshar? We know this comes from a Spren bond and that these powers are real (WOB). What if people ate a Chasmfiend? A Rashadium? A Reshi Isle? Gosh .. a Radiant or Singer? Dark stuff, but fits with Cultivation and whatever Lift is doing with lifelight.  Would Lift be more able to use FIshymancing? 

Edited by teknopathetic

On 2/2/2021 at 3:43 AM, Gilphon said:

What was Lezian doing? Like, the surge of Transportation, fine, sure, but what exactly was the deal with his husks, from a realmatic perspective?

That topic has some decent theorizing on the subject

Edited by Honorless