My idea was for there to be some kind of extradimensional void that kind of exists outside the Macrosmos that fundamentally unmakes anything that enters it, and for Minecraft to be some kind of border.

Or something like that.

Unless someone has already done something else for it.

Just now, Enter a username said:

My idea was for there to be some kind of extradimensional void that kind of exists outside the Macrosmos that fundamentally unmakes anything that enters it, and for Minecraft to be some kind of border.

Or something like that.

Unless someone has already done something else for it.

I mean... the idea of the Macrosmos is that nothing inside of it supercedes anything else (so that everybody can say that their own universes are just as cool), so making something like that kinda breaks the idea a little bit.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

May I have a nice summary of what generally happened without having to read through an undetermined amount of posts? I might've considered joining, but... I just can't do that without knowing anything. Though it might be an interesting idea... I'll consider it. Anyway, I'd still like an answer.

How does one join the RP?

How does the Macrocosmos works exactly? Would it be possible to have a sapient world who doesn't want people from outside of it's part of the Macrocosmos to come (because they fear people with magic and technology from outside would threaten they're influence over it) and succeeds? Or at least mostly succeeds?

56 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

May I have a nice summary of what generally happened without having to read through an undetermined amount of posts? I might've considered joining, but... I just can't do that without knowing anything. Though it might be an interesting idea... I'll consider it. Anyway, I'd still like an answer.

I think a lot of the posts, especially recent ones, are goofing around waiting for plot to happen. There is a brief(ish) explanation of lore/plot in the OG post, but all I really know for the last hundred pages is there’s a couple evil multiverse empires we want to stop, and currently we are on Elantris and were trying to stop Wyrn, a version with the support of these multiverse empires. Right now a bunch of new people showed up (10 of which are myself... don’t ask) and we’re just having a load of character interaction and good times while we wait for the thread to split into a few, to refocus on plot. I don’t know if that answers your question.

3 minutes ago, mathiau said:

How does one join the RP?

How does the Macrocosmos works exactly? Would it be possible to have a sapient world who doesn't want people from outside of it's part of the Macrocosmos to come (because they fear people with magic and technology from outside would threaten they're influence over it) and succeeds? Or at least mostly succeeds?

To join, simply just have a character show up. Random multiverses portals are common for this very reason, and half the characters have just fallen out of the sky randomly (I like to say that the reason is because there isn’t high multiverses activity, but there’s no real worldbuilding reason I know of).

I think the Macrocosmos is fairly infinite, and this technically any world is possible. A world could be as you say simply because it is so far into the infinities that no one has ever needed to touch it. I think, however, it seems that it is technically possible for multiverse-hoppers to hop to any universe within the Macrosmos, if that makes sense. I don’t think or know of any way to shield from that.

1 hour ago, Knight of Iron said:

To join, simply just have a character show up. Random multiverses portals are common for this very reason, and half the characters have just fallen out of the sky randomly (I like to say that the reason is because there isn’t high multiverses activity, but there’s no real worldbuilding reason I know of).

Ok, I'll pop in a bit latter then :)

I think the Macrocosmos is fairly infinite, and this technically any world is possible. A world could be as you say simply because it is so far into the infinities that no one has ever needed to touch it. I think, however, it seems that it is technically possible for multiverse-hoppers to hop to any universe within the Macrosmos, if that makes sense. I don’t think or know of any way to shield from that.

There's some space-time manipulation magic in my universe so I was thinking the plane (he's called The Abyss) could detect portals, close them and make the life of anyone who was fast enough to enter hell.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...