Masquerade - These Masks We Wear

Zephrun’s Imperium

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Katie pushed open the door. "Hey guys! I made a new friend!"

Only a few bothered to look, not including one dark-haired new girl named Wendy.

Ara slowly looked around the room, taking in the room.

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"That one over there's Sarah!" Katie said, pointing at a girl about twelve years old. "She's my favorite, but don't tell the others. Then there's Veronica, Mona, and Reyna; they're the nicest. Also there's a new person, but I dunno what her name is. HEY! NEW PERSON! WHAT'S YOUR NAME?"

Ara glanced at 'new person.' "Wendy?"

Without anything better to do, Nico made his way up the stairs. He’d find the girls later. For now, he had a question that was bothering him and he’d like to have the answer. 

Nicolae knocked on the door, his limbs shaking. He never came to her. Would she assume after this that he was trying to make a move on her? Nicolae dearly hoped not. She scared him more than anyone else and the thought of her wanting to spend more time with him…  

Allivia opened the door with a scowl on her face. She was actually quite pretty, but Nicolae’s fear of her greatly outweighed any attraction he might have. She perked up when she saw it was him. “Oh. Nicolae. Come in, come in.”

“N-no,” Nicolae muttered. He cleared his throat. “No, miss. I just a-have somethin’ to ask ya.”

“Well, by all means.” She leaned against the doorway. “I’m all ears, Nico.”

“Ah…” He wrung his hands. “You... d-doesn’t happen to know who tried to come spend the night with me yesterday, do ya?”

She screwed up her face in thought. “No. Wasn’t there a ball last night?”

“There was. Which is why I was confused, see. But, ah… You doesn’t know who it was?”

“No.” She chuckled without mirth. “Say, you don’t happen to be available tonight, hmm?”

Nicolae couldn’t look her in the eyes. “You... don’t usually ask permission, miss…” 

“No, I don’t, do I?” She came closer and Nicolae started to sweat. “Oh, Nico, I know you just came to see me. Honestly, you know you don’t have to make excuses.”

“No, no. I didn’t a-come just to sees you, miss, I-”

“Oh, c’mon, you don’t have to hide it!” Allivia grinned rather maliciously and tossed her hair. “I know you like me. You can just say it.”

Nicolae shook his head. “I don’t gots to say nothin’. An’ I-I been reassigned, miss. Couldn’t come even if I wanted you to.” Which I doesn’t, he thought. I ain’t never do. Nicolae felt like a coward. He should have said it aloud, but he just couldn’t. So many things were like that: No, you can’t sleep with me. No, I don’t like the attention. No, I’m not going to be a pushover this time. Why couldn’t he just say them? He opened his mouth, summoning the courage to do so, but Allivia spoke before he could. She looked angry.

“Yes, I heard about your reassignment,” she hissed. “You’re assigned to the queen?”

“It ain’t yer business why, miss, but yes. I been assigned to Eleanor. She’s the king’s betrothed, she is, an’ she treats me nice.” Nicer ‘an you, certainly…

“Why?" she hissed. "Isn’t the king worried you’ll be laying where you shouldn’t?”

Nicolae shifted uncomfortably. “‘pparently not. He trusts me, Allivia. Told me he trusts me.” 

“Well, I can’t imagine why. You’re a tramp and everyone knows it.”

That was it. The last straw. Nicolae reddened, clenching his fists. “Yeah? An’ who’s fault is that, hmm?”

Allivia grabbed Nicolae by the front of his shirt, bringing his face up to hers. “Yours,” she spat, glaring at him with poison. “And don’t you ever forget it.” With that, she shoved him away - her push making him fall over - and retreated into her room, leaving the thin attendant disheveled and lying on the ground. 

Nicolae shuddered. So that was what standing up to people felt like. It… wasn’t a good feeling. But at least Allivia was gone now. The encounter not only hadn’t gone well, but he hadn’t even learned who it was last night who’d found it so hard to wait for him. Not that he knew what he would have done with that information. Wasn’t as if he was going to find them and extract any sort of vengeance. He wasn’t that sort of person; he’d never been and he never planned to be. It was just hard, especially in the Mendahar court… He’d never know why in the world Ivian had kept him around (no matter how indebted the king felt to his father) or, for that matter, why Eleanor did, but that… that was its own enigma entirely. One he didn’t particularly want to dwell on.

Nicolae might not have liked Allivia in the slightest, but she was right about one thing: his reassignment had been a particularly odd occurrence. In some ways, it seemed almost like a twisted sort of prize rather than a punishment. An opportunity for Nicolae to show that he wasn’t what everyone saw him as. That, or a rather convoluted way to bait him into doing something punishable by death. Ivian didn’t think he was stupid, did he? Oh, it just didn’t make one shred of sense! Just this morning, he’d been sure he’d be fired. Getting reassigned to Eleanor was the last thing he expected…

'ight lads I have read the RP and am all ready to join.

On the Wedding side Brother Tomad is a go.

On 5/16/2021 at 7:17 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

Frustry

*Frustie

Also you can still can me Ace.

And to anyone wondering I have worked out the concepts of the worlds religion.

Spoiler

I was originally going for monotheism but due to only line way back when that is impossible

In the begining The Creator brought forth the universe, and the primordial deity Le Chaos, was all that was, panteons rose and fell, worlds can to be and left, untold and unimaginable amounts of knowledge, beauty and power came into being, only to vanish without a trance in the ever churning sea of Le Chaos.

Then Droit was made, and he was the embodiemnt of all that is good, and he begat Ordre who was the existence of Order, and thus Le Chaos was stopped. However when Droit saught to destroy Le Chaos and fullfil the purpose of the Universe, Ordre stopped him, refusing to allow change to occur.

Le Chaos seeing her oppurtunity created Mal, not a being but a force, and it is all that is evil.

Droit tried to destroy Mal, and for a time Ordre helped him, but eventually he began to see Mal as natural, and refused to allow it any more harm.

Droit then uncertain of how to continue, consulted Sage, the one who knew all.

Sage then gave unto Droit a plan.

Droit took of Le Chaos, and Ordre and created La Terre and Mer, and they created the Earth and the Sea from their thoughts.

Droit then asked the Creater, and was sent the souls of Humans. but among all of creation which had been known by the gods, Humans alone could be touched by none, save the human allowed it.

So Humans were placed on earth, and as they lived so would they be placed, either good with Droit, or evil, with Mal, the souls of the wiked would be tourtured for all time within Mal's dark embrace, while the souls of the good would aid Droit in destroying Mal, Le Chaos, and Ordre.

Humans lived watched at all times my the stary eyes of their Creator

So it is that when Humans had all lived, Mal, Ordre, and Le Chaos would be destroyed, and the Universe would achive the purpose of it's creation, and the Souls of Humans would return to the Creator.

And no, their names are not just Frech versions of their sphere's I have no idea why you would think that.

Though the religion is centered in Jolie

Edited by Frustration

8 hours ago, Frustration said:

So do yourself a solid and recycle that for later because I'm pretty sure Star has a religion for this...

17 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Wendy's head turned mid-bite. She swallowed. "Ara?"

She'd grabbed her in a massive hug moments later.

17 hours ago, Vapor said:

Ara grinned and hugged Wendy back. "You're okay!"

"I wanna hug too!" Katie hugged them both.

On 5/17/2021 at 2:06 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Are you okay? What'd--" Wendy glanced around at all the surrounding waitress. "What'd she do to you?"

"Not anything bad, she just wanted to know a few things." She added emphatically, "She's really scary."

11 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I wanna hug too!" Katie hugged them both.

Ara's solemn face turned into a smile, and she laughed.

Kay, so we gotta finish up the Arabella/Wendy stuff and I know I need to get Nico to have a talk with Miss Allivia. Does anyone else have anything that needs to get done in this RP day? Or the next for that matter? 'Cause I'd like to get to Caden and Riva's wedding. XD 

I'm fine if Fadran is.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Well," Wendy pulled away, "I still have work to do today. I don't have night shift, so I'll be free after ten." She smiled at the two of them. "So go do your thing."

Ara smiled back. "Okay!" She glanced at Katie. "So what can we do in this place?"