Masquerade - These Masks We Wear

Zephrun’s Imperium

48 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Seraphina looked up. She saw the man without the mask sit down at her table. He seemed like a militaristic noble. She felt confused. Politics had never made sense to her. She was a King's Lady, so she stood her ground. (Or should it be sat her ground?) She continued reading her novel and eating her snacks. She still had plenty left, and would not run out anytime soon. She would not budge when it came to bullies. Or idiots. She wasn't sure which category this man fell into.

Caden made a low growl when he noticed that the women didn't move. He refused to speak, or even look at her and chose instead to watch the king's betrothed from this distance. It seemed impossibly easy for such a shy creature as that one to get close to the king, while countless others in this court tried and failed constantly. How many of these people hated her for being able to simply walk and sit at the king's table? Then again, he should actually be at the king's table, but that would mean that he'd need to put on one of those masks. Caden nearly jumped when he heard paper rustle next to him, he looked over and realized that the woman was still there. He swiped his hand at the woman, purposefully missing her, "Bah! Why must so many be insufferable!"

9 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

Caden made a low growl when he noticed that the women didn't move. He refused to speak, or even look at her and chose instead to watch the king's betrothed from this distance. It seemed impossibly easy for such a shy creature as that one to get close to the king, while countless others in this court tried and failed constantly. How many of these people hated her for being able to simply walk and sit at the king's table? Then again, he should actually be at the king's table, but that would mean that he'd need to put on one of those masks. Caden nearly jumped when he heard paper rustle next to him, he looked over and realized that the woman was still there. He swiped his hand at the woman, purposefully missing her, "Bah! Why must so many be insufferable!"

Seraphina glared at him. "Excuse me? I was here first. If you wanted to be alone, why did you sit down?" She went back to reading her book.

6 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Seraphina glared at him. "Excuse me? I was here first. If you wanted to be alone, why did you sit down?" She went back to reading her book.

He glared at the woman, "this is my table for whenever I'm not with the king! If you think you can bully me away from my own table, then you are dumber than you look."

8 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

He glared at the woman, "this is my table for whenever I'm not with the king! If you think you can bully me away from my own table, then you are dumber than you look."

Seraphina didn't look up from her book. "Well. You are just going to have to deal with me siting here then." She took a bite out of a cake.

Just now, Random Bystander said:

Seraphina didn't look up from her book. "Well. You are just going to have to deal with me siting here then." She took a bite out of a cake.

Caden growled, but turned away from the woman. He felt the urge to strike her, but that would be very unseemly for such a staunch ally of the king. He just had to wait a n entire hour before he could leave this infernal gathering of snakes and weasels. The least this woman could do was leave him be for that time. Caden glared at any who looked at him, and he growled at those who got too close for his comfort. Fortunately, the woman didn't seem to be interested in conversation at this moment.

1 minute ago, The Ward's Guard said:

Caden growled, but turned away from the woman. He felt the urge to strike her, but that would be very unseemly for such a staunch ally of the king. He just had to wait a n entire hour before he could leave this infernal gathering of snakes and weasels. The least this woman could do was leave him be for that time. Caden glared at any who looked at him, and he growled at those who got too close for his comfort. Fortunately, the woman didn't seem to be interested in conversation at this moment.

If you DID try to hit her, she'd grab your wrist before you got the chance. :P

Seraphina continued reading. This man was a jerk, and moving would show weakness, so she didn't move.

She is stubborn. And she is probably younger than your character thinks she is...

2 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Seraphina continued reading. This man was a jerk, and moving would show weakness, so she didn't move.

Seeing as both are incredibly stubborn, I doubt anything would happen for the hour that Caden is sitting there. Unless of course, someone wants to intervene?

Edited by The Ward's Guard

An odd scuttle caught Maverick's eye. An older man, swiping at a young woman. The gentleman in him bristled and he walked up to the disgruntled man, holding his book at his side. "Excuse me, sir," he said calmly, "it'a rather unseemly for a man of your rank to be harassing this young woman. Why don't you move elsewhere and leave the girl alone?"

Haha, ninjaed. Maverick to the rescue. :P 

@The Ward's Guard @Random Bystander

Edited by Shard of Thought

2 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

An odd scuttle caught Maverick's eye. An older man, swiping at a young woman. The gentleman in him bristled and he walked up to the disgruntled man, holding his book at his side. "Excuse me, sir," he said calmly, "it'a rather unseemly for a man of your rank to be harassing this young woman. Why don't you move elsewhere and leave the girl alone?"

@The Ward's Guard @Random Bystander

Caden turned to glare at this newcomer, "and who are you to command me?! I am the commander of the greatest army this kingdom has ever seen!"

Ivian laughed and joked with his fellows, dropping the occasional hint to sow a rumor. His eyes turned to the girl at his side, however, and bent down into a scowl. Somewhere in his mind, he quietly told herself that she wasn't her father; just an emissary sent to legitimize connections. She represented the Kingdom of Jolie, however, as well as the entire Baudelaire family: The bitter enemies of his family for as far back as they could remember.

No, she wasn't her father. The child wouldn't have to bear an heir for him: he wouldn't punish her for what her father had done. Leaving her untouched would be a small recompense for the real reason why he needed her here.

@Condensation

5 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Maverick chuckled. "I do believe, sir, that she was here first." Then his expression hardened. "But in all seriousness; aggression is for the battlefield. Not for petty squabbles that could be easily avoided."

Caden's chair screeched as he stood up, pushing it behind him. "Aggression is for dealing with fools like you who have no backbone! If you want to protect your 'propriety' so badly, then do it, or hold your tongue boy."

Edited by The Ward's Guard