Masquerade - These Masks We Wear

Zephrun’s Imperium

Just now, Shard of Thought said:

"Hey, hey, easy there," Darrin protested. "I'm the one who slipped through your defenses and got close enough to kill the king, I think I deserve a little respect!" He paused. "Then again, I'm also stupid enough to get caught, so- OH, oh, oh! Haha, maybe I wanted to get caught. Dammit, that would have been perfect! Go back, I want to go back so I can tell your beefy superior that-"

A hand was clamped over his mouth. "Stars, will you shut up?" 

Darrin continued to talk, muffled, beneath the hand. "Well, I could, but whether or not I will is doubtful. After all, if it annoys you, then-"

The second guard turned. "General Praetorium, permission to knock this man out, please?"

@The Ward's Guard

Caden glanced over his shoulder a she was about to leave, "no." Caden turned and walked up to Darrin before drawing his blade again. When he got within striking distance, he flipped the blade around so that he was holding his backwards and smacked Darrin's head with the hilt. Caden replaced his blade, looking pleased with himself. "Now take him to the dungeon!"

1 hour ago, The Ward's Guard said:

The guard who had stayed outside of the room jumped as Jasper seemingly materialized after darting through the door, drawing his blade and cursing. "Raise the alarm!"

Jasper grabbed the guard's wrist and jammed his knuckles into his inner elbow, forcing him to drop the sword. "I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but I really must be going." Jasper shoved the guard back, then ran in what he assumed to be the direction of the ballroom.

1 hour ago, Fallapede said:

Jasper grabbed the guard's wrist and jammed his knuckles into his inner elbow, forcing him to drop the sword. "I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but I really must be going." Jasper shoved the guard back, then ran in what he assumed to be the direction of the ballroom.

The guardsman grunted in pain, dropping to the ground to pick up his sword. when he saw that Jasper was running off, he shouted again to raise the alarm.

I'd be fine if Jasper made it all the way to the Ballroom, unless someone else disagrees.

Maverick flipped to the next page in his book. It was getting rather exciting. Usually, he could figure out most of a mystery novel's plot before it ended, but this one had thrown him for a loop. 

Instinctively, he reached into his pocket to finger with his handkerchief. When he realized it wasn't there, he paled, panicking slightly. Where... Mav patted his pocket, turning it inside out, before remembering that he had handed it over to the Raveness. Stars. That handkerchief was the only thing he had left of his brother! He bit his lip, glancing over at the Raveness who was using the cloth to wipe herself down. He desperately wanted it back, but... he couldn't just go up and ask her!

Edited by Shard of Thought

After a few minutes of searching, Jasper made his way to the ballroom doors, which curiously seemed to be barred and heavily guarded. I guess they must think all the guests have already arrived. "I do apologize, as I am sure that you are simply doing your duty, but I must ask that you step aside. It is a matter of great importance."

Edited by Fallapede

2 hours ago, Fallapede said:

After a few minutes of searching, Jasper made his way to the ballroom doors, which curiously seemed to be closed and barred. I guess they must think all the guests have already arrived. He knocked loudly on the doors.

Alienor jumped. Was someone knocking on the doors? She looked up at Nicolae to see his reaction.

I feel like there would be guards at the door; Jasper wouldn't be able to just knock.

Even still, I will edit in Nicolae's response into this.

Nicolae raised an eyebrow. "Thinkin' that's what they've locked us down for, miss?"

@Condensation

Edited by Shard of Thought

Caden approached he room that he had left the girl in, clenching and unclenching his fists as the experience with the assassin came in and out of his mind over and over again. He nodded at the guards as he reached for the door handle, taking a brief moment to inhale deeply before opening the door and storming into the room to where the girl was. Caden growled at the girl, towering over her even with his bad posture. "Listen well child, you are here because you piqued the interest of the Ravenness, and so now you are of interest to me. Tell me, how did a child like you gain entrance to the King's Ball?"

2 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

Caden approached he room that he had left the girl in, clenching and unclenching his fists as the experience with the assassin came in and out of his mind over and over again. He nodded at the guards as he reached for the door handle, taking a brief moment to inhale deeply before opening the door and storming into the room to where the girl was. Caden growled at the girl, towering over her even with his bad posture. "Listen well child, you are here because you piqued the interest of the Ravenness, and so now you are of interest to me. Tell me, how did a child like you gain entrance to the King's Ball?"

It goes like this, Ward:

@Vapor

5 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

"Ah, who a-sayin' it's a knock, miss?" Nicolae smiled mischievously. "Perhaps they've gotten past the guards an' are now tryna knock down the door."

"It certainly sounded like a knock. And there hasn't been anything since. Should we let them in, do you think?"

Four guardsmen moved quickly to the door that the knocking had come from, one cracking open the door just enough to look out, while the other three positioned themselves so that they could respond quickly if the situation got violent. The guard peaking through the door shouted, "who goes there?!"

@Fallapede

Nicolae's face fell slightly. "Ah... There's a reason the ol' Raveness' so well known, miss. They'll lock ya up for right anythin'! I could be supposin' to understand, what with all the king's bein' killed off. Gots to show yer strength in a position like that one. But at the same time... Well. That kinda fear can make people want to be killin' our king." He sighed. "All that to say, miss, I wouldna step one toe outta line if yous can be managin' that. You don't a-seem like the kinda lady who'd be eager to be doin' that though. Not one curl outta place, miss."

20 hours ago, The Ward's Guard said:

Arabella kept her mouth shut.