Masquerade - These Masks We Wear

Zephrun’s Imperium

23 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

"What'cha lookin' at me like that for? It's not as if I can escape from this tiny little room. I just don't like being tied up, I'm sure you can understand that."

The general growled at his guards, "seize him!" The two guardsmen in the room stepped forward to grab Darrin. Caden ran a finger along the edge of his blade, "I need you to talk, so I can't kill you. However, you don't need your fingers to speak."

Darrin made a show of pretending he was deep in thought. "No, I suppose I don't. But... oh dear. I could scream any name under torture and you would have no idea if I was telling you the truth. Was it, perhaps, the Raveness herself, bored with the current king and longing for new management? Or it might have been Robin, the King's Lady who defected. A servant who decided they were sick and tired with being mistreated. Or..." Darrin grinned darkly. "The king himself. Wondering just how well his lackeys would respond when he was shot." 

Okay. It's boring in the ballroom, so I'm going to make my character leave. 

Seraphina was at her table, deep in thought. What is going to happen to that kid? I... I should go save her. I can't even begin to imagine how terrified she feels. Plus, she has that note for Robin! If they decipher it, me and my family will be handed over to the Raveness. Then again, I will get handed over to her if I get caught. She sat up straight. I won't let myself get caught. I have to get out of here, and then I can change. 

So, I could have a few things happen here. 1) I could get out, change clothing, find Arabella, and help her escape. 2) I could get out, change clothing, find Darrin while looking for Arabella, kick Caden's butt, free Darrin, and then find Arabella and help her escape. 3) I could get out, change clothing, and get caught. Suggestions? Other options that I missed that could be fun? If not, I'm going with option 2.

Seraphina used the secret passageways to sneak back to her room. She then took off her dress, and put on a black shirt, and black trousers. She grabbed a black, hooded cloak, and put that on as well. She sighed. How am I going to find one girl in this huge castle? I don't know where the dungeons are yet! I'll have to search every area. With that thought, she snuck out of her room and started checking rooms and hallways.

3 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Okay then! She will sneak around until lockdown is over, and then start doing stuff. 

Seraphina stealthily searched. She was having no luck finding the kid. So far, all she had found had been rooms, hallways, and guards. Lots and lots of guards. She was good at sneaking, so they didn't notice her. 

Jasper whistled tunelessly to himself for several minutes before calling out to one of the guards outside his door. "You know, the ropes binding my wrists are quite loose. I might be able to attempt an escape. If I do, I promise I'll tell the commander it wasn't your fault, but it might be better if you just came in and tightened the knots again."

Aelyon scrunched her nose in disgust to the forest, it had yielded her nothing. Not a cottage to give her shelter, storms! She would of been glad if a band of mewling thieves had come upon her and taken her in. Frustrated with her fruitless escape, she spun on her heels and headed back out of the forest to get a carriage bound for her mansion. She really wasnt ready to leave the court and return to her husband, but she could hardly rerturn to the castle after 'failing' to heed their lock down. Plus, she wouldnt be safe sleeping under the same roof as The Raveness. She angrily picked a rose from a thorny bush she walked past and stuck it prettily in her hair, she smiled sadly as red blood oozed out of the wounds where the thorns had pierced through her flesh. 

On 2/18/2021 at 4:17 PM, Shard of Thought said:

Darrin made a show of pretending he was deep in thought. "No, I suppose I don't. But... oh dear. I could scream any name under torture and you would have no idea if I was telling you the truth. Was it, perhaps, the Raveness herself, bored with the current king and longing for new management? Or it might have been Robin, the King's Lady who defected. A servant who decided they were sick and tired with being mistreated. Or..." Darrin grinned darkly. "The king himself. Wondering just how well his lackeys would respond when he was shot." 

Caden approached Darrin as two of his men grabbed the assassin by his arms and placed them behind him, trying to force him onto his knees. Caden placed the tip of his blade on Darrin's collarbone, pressing it down until he could see blood. "Do not play games with me boy! If you don't tell me, then I have no qualms over sending you to the Ravennes; I'm sure she's be far less tolerable of your little games."

I know what you're thinking, "about friggin' time," right?

Edited by The Ward's Guard

10 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Darrin grimaced at the pain. "Yes, please do. If I'm going to be tortured, I'd much rather have the professional do it. This whole impromptu interrogation is not first rate by any means and I don't want to do anything half-rate if you catch my drift."

Caden growled deep in his throat before swishing the sword to his side, away from Darrin. The general sneered, "if you so badly want the Ravenness to work on you, then who am I to refuse you?" Caden put his sword away as several men entered the room with steel manacles, he gestured towards Darrin and they moved to place them onto his wrists. "I'll be there assassin," Caden loosely grabbed Darrin's chin, "even if you can't see me. You're screams will be like music to my ears." Caden gave a malicious smile before he backhanded the assassin on the cheek.

6 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Darrin took the slap with grace and smiled, though bruises were beginning to form on his face from being punched by Jasper earlier. "Yeah, alright, you have a nice night too, sir."

Caden only growled more as he stood up straight to tower over Darrin. "Take this one straight to the dungeon! I want him in the most secure holding cell we have, you understand!"

The guardsmen nodded, and three of them gathered around Darrin as the two who were still holding his arms pulled him to his feet. The squad master barked orders at the men as they left the room. Caden followed them and was confronted by a messenger as he exited the impromptu holding chamber. "Sir, I have news from the guest-list. It seems that the prisoner that your holding is telling the truth."

Caden scowled at the messenger before brushing him away, "I will still hold him here for breaking the lockdown! The king can deal with him after that." The general gestured for two of his men to follow him, "come, now I must deal with the child."

On 2/20/2021 at 5:56 PM, Fallapede said:

Jasper whistled tunelessly to himself for several minutes before calling out to one of the guards outside his door. "You know, the ropes binding my wrists are quite loose. I might be able to attempt an escape. If I do, I promise I'll tell the commander it wasn't your fault, but it might be better if you just came in and tightened the knots again."

The guards looked to each other, then on of them shrugged and entered the room. "They're loose, you say?"

8 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

The guards looked to each other, then on of them shrugged and entered the room. "They're loose, you say?"

There was no immediate sign of Jasper as the guard walked in, just the chair and a pile of neatly sliced rope. Then there was a brief flash of movement as the door slammed shut behind him. "Quite loose, in fact. I suppose I should have mentioned that you'd neglected to disarm me, but it didn't occur to me at the time. I hope you'll forgive me, but I have rather pressing business to attend to."

Just now, Fallapede said:

There was no immediate sign of Jasper as the guard walked in, just the chair and a pile of neatly sliced rope. Then there was a brief flash of movement as the door slammed shut behind him. "Quite loose, in fact. I suppose I should have mentioned that you'd neglected to disarm me, but it didn't occur to me at the time. I hope you'll forgive me, but I have rather pressing business to attend to."

The guard who had stayed outside of the room jumped as Jasper seemingly materialized after darting through the door, drawing his blade and cursing. "Raise the alarm!"

5 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

Caden only growled more as he stood up straight to tower over Darrin. "Take this one straight to the dungeon! I want him in the most secure holding cell we have, you understand!"

The guardsmen nodded, and three of them gathered around Darrin as the two who were still holding his arms pulled him to his feet.

"Hey, hey, easy there," Darrin protested. "I'm the one who slipped through your defenses and got close enough to kill the king, I think I deserve a little respect!" He paused. "Then again, I'm also stupid enough to get caught, so- OH, oh, oh! Haha, maybe I wanted to get caught. Dammit, that would have been perfect! Go back, I want to go back so I can tell your beefy superior that-"

A hand was clamped over his mouth. "Stars, will you shut up?" 

Darrin continued to talk, muffled, beneath the hand. "Well, I could, but whether or not I will is doubtful. After all, if it annoys you, then-"

The second guard turned. "General Praetorium, permission to knock this man out, please?"

@The Ward's Guard