Masquerade - These Masks We Wear

Zephrun’s Imperium

2 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Darrin got an impish gleam in his eyes. "If you say so." With that, he threw this dagger at Caden's foot. Hard enough that it might seem threatening, but not close enough to actually hit him.

Caden moved back his foot out of instinct, only to glare Darrin when it missed. He growled, "you'll be begging for the Ravenness when I'm done with you." He looked towards Jasper, "I wasn't talking to just one of you!"

@Fallapede

"Is that because you're so ugly or because she's more practiced in the art of torture?" asked Darrin. He pulled his quiver off his back, setting it down politely. "I hear she's quite the sight to behold - a demon in spirit but an angel in body - and her prowess is the stuff of legends. It's quite the honor to fall under her knife."

5 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

"Is that because you're so ugly or because she's more practiced in the art of torture?" asked Darrin. He pulled his quiver off his back, setting it down politely. "I hear she's quite the sight to behold - a demon in spirit but an angel in body - and her prowess is the stuff of legends. It's quite the honor to fall under her knife."

Caden snarled, "if fools get along, then you'll be happy in her company."

36 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

"Smack-talking the Raveness?" Darrin tsked. "I'm sure she'd love to hear about this. I'll be sure to mention it to her while I'm roasting over coals."

Caden only responded with another snarl before gesturing for two of his men to bind Derrin. 

Edited by The Ward's Guard

Darrin sighed. This was not supposed to have happened. If he'd only waited just a few hours, he could have done the job just fine. But no, of course it hadn't happened that way. Hopefully Maverick wouldn't be around to boast that he was right about Darrin's ego being the death of him.

He allowed the soldiers to bind him. He wasn't giving up, of course, he just knew full well that he couldn't reasonably fight off all of these men and survive. In his profession, life expectancy wasn't very high anyway, so one could only hope to go out with as much dignity as possible. Being tortured by the Raveness herself would be a much more respectable death than getting slaughtered by these lackeys. Part of him was genuinely excited to see how long he could last against the woman who was so fearsome that her real identity was hidden, to protect her from getting attacked. 

A soldier picked up Darrin's bow and he cringed. "Oh, please do be careful with that," he said. "I had to pay a pretty penny for that, it would be a shame if it were to be damaged."

I feel like I've made Darrin seem so incompetent, that's just not true. Oh, well though, his main arc is with Riva anyway...

2 hours ago, Fallapede said:

"So who's this bird person you keep mentioning? They sound rather unpleasant." Jasper stood as stiff as possible as the ropes were wrapped around him, but otherwise made no moves.

Caden approached the two with his hands behind his back, his cape at his heals, still having the advantage of height despite obviously slouching. "Well Jade, you won't have to worry about her just yet. I will make sure that you are given the proper," Caden paused, smiling, "welcome." He then turned to Derrin and looked over him with his yellow eyes, "for someone willing to do something as daring as this, I expected more."

5 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Darrin made a reply, but it was unintelligible beneath the gag.

Caden chuckled mockingly at Darrin, "don't worry, you'll be speaking soon enough." Caden spun around, flaring his cape behind him as he made his way back into the castle, with his soldiers dragging the prisoners as they followed at the general's heels.

28 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

"You don't have to be so rough, it's not like I killed anybody," came Darrin's muffled reply.

Caden only snarled at Darrin before pointing to a pair of rooms that were close enough together that they could guard both rooms with the number of men present. Darrin was shoved into one once it was checked and cleared, and Jasper in the other. As he made one last check on the guards in hallway, the general entered the room that Jasper was placed in and gestured for his gag to be removed. "Tell me Jet, why are you in the castle!"

13 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

Caden only snarled at Darrin before pointing to a pair of rooms that were close enough together that they could guard both rooms with the number of men present. Darrin was shoved into one once it was checked and cleared, and Jasper in the other. As he made one last check on the guards in hallway, the general entered the room that Jasper was placed in and gestured for his gag to be removed. "Tell me Jet, why are you in the castle!"

"Oh, that's quite simple. My family got an invitation to a ball some time ago, and I figured that it would only be polite to come. There was a slight issue with the invitation, but I've found it."

Edited by Fallapede