Masquerade - These Masks We Wear

Zephrun’s Imperium

"Yeah... don't Oi knows it... but Oi'm really sorry." He sighed. "Oi doesn't care if she forgives me back; Oi just want to let her know that Oi forgive her for loving me. Because that was a mistake. The only mistake she ever made."

Edited by Ookla The Raveness

Katie closed the door as he left, turning around and taking the flowers to Wendy. "He said he's sorry."

"I heard him."

Looking down at the flowers, Katie added, "He got these for you."

"Yup."

Katie hopped up on the bed to sit beside her. "Are you two gonna get married again?"

Snorting, Wendy replied, "What? Katie, we weren't married."

"Oh." She frowned. "Whatabout friends?"

Wendy sighed. "I don't know."

Nico walked away feeling better, but still dissatisfied. He wished he'd gotten to see Wendy's face and reactions instead of having to communicate through the girl. Katie was sweet, but she didn't deserve to be wrapped up in all this. And anyway, he'd made up his mind; Wendy was too good for him. He'd be with Fischer. Funny, how Nico had sent him away as a boy only to fall in love with him again as a man. Some things were meant to be, apparently. They'd have to keep things secret, but that was manageable. At least, he hoped so. Thinking on being found out made his stomach turn.

Edited by Ookla The Raveness