Masquerade - These Masks We Wear

Zephrun’s Imperium

On 8/6/2021 at 9:30 PM, Zephrun's Imperium said:

"Unlike my brother, I don't need to sneak into the castle to get anything." He sighed. "The king knows me and trusts me. If I request an audience, I can get in without any trouble."

"You must be very good friends if he's willing to give you the run of the castle."

9 hours ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

“I don’t know, maybe I can just go to the palace and find the sword. I don’t feel comfortable breaking in. At least not…. If I’m going to break in, I’d rather know where it is I’m going in order to steal.”

Umbra shrugged. "We don't know."

3 minutes ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

“You’re really serious about her heir thing, aren’t you? I’m sorry, I just find it hard to believe that you’d just let someone rule. You don’t even know me.”

Umbra shrugged. "To be honest, I don't really care who rules. I just need the sword."

19 minutes ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

“Yeah, no. If we’re going to work together I need to know why. This is an organization that has condensed demons laying around. I don’t want you using the sword for evil.”

Umbra sniffed. "Such prejudice against demons! They can't help how they're made, you know."

"Even still, I standby what I said. What do you intend to use the sword for?"
---------
Early that morning, Nicolae stirred, waking. The effects of a hangover made his head feel like a marsh; stuffy, wet, and humid, crowded with fog. It was miserable and the deep gash on his torso did nothing to ease that. For a moment he lay half in dreamland, suspended in misery, unsure why other than the nebulous idea that this was what he deserved. As he emerged into wakefulness, however, memories began to return, last of all his conversation with Fischer. The memory - clouded by alcohol as it was - felt far away and formless.