Masquerade - These Masks We Wear

Zephrun’s Imperium

19 hours ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

“Umbra. Shadow. Very nice.” He smiled. “I don’t really do masters, you understand.”

Umbra shrugged. "You do now." She glanced at the cloaked figure that had brought Maverick here. "You'll be looking for an edge?"

"No, you're not," Fischer told him as he worked harder on the blanket. "Being a man matters nothing a' the end of the day, all it'll end up doing is getting ya dead. It's more abou' those ya do good to." He paused for a moment, having to force the words out as a whisper. "Like saving a life, even if they think they don't wan' it."

3 minutes ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

"An edge?" Maverick repeated. "What's that?"

"A line on the boundary of an object," said Umbra very slowly, as if explaining to a child. She pulled out a spike of black and ran her finger over the referenced entity. "Like this."

2 minutes ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

"Yeah, you's better 'an me Fischer, always 'ave been. Doesn't have to rub that in."

"I was talkin' 'bout you," he said as he yanked the blanket tight around Nico's waist. "I thought it would be better if I died by your side ven continue withou' you. Obviously I was," Fischer cleared his throat again, "I was wrong."

3 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"A line on the boundary of an object," said Umbra very slowly, as if explaining to a child. She pulled out a spike of black and ran her finger over the referenced entity. "Like this."

Maverick raised an eyebrow, thoroughly annoyed by this woman. "If you offered more respect, I might actually be more inclined to call you master. It's backwards you've chosen the form of a child to reside in. You practically breathe opportunity to be disregarded."

1 minute ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"I was talkin' 'bout you," he said as he yanked the blanket tight around Nico's waist. "I thought it would be better if I died by your side ven continue withou' you. Obviously I was," Fischer cleared his throat again, "I was wrong."

"Iffin' 'at's true, why was you so furious with me at the bar?"

9 minutes ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

Maverick raised an eyebrow, thoroughly annoyed by this woman. "If you offered more respect, I might actually be more inclined to call you master. It's backwards you've chosen the form of a child to reside in. You practically breathe opportunity to be disregarded."

Umbra rolled her eyes. "Oh boy, a smart one." She tossed the spike to Maverick.

1 minute ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"See, now you're star'in' ta sound like me when we were younger." Fischer dragged Nico out of the room, heading towards the closest medical center he knew of. "I don' care wha' ya think, you're worth saving."

"I ain't worth crem..." 

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

Umbra grinned sharkishly. "But cutting you is the point."

"You're disturbing, you know that?" He sighed. "You probably do. What do you want from me?"