4,691 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

“So do I, my love.” Riva laughed. “It’s my job to…. Well. It was my job…” she trailed off, suddenly solemn. 

"What will you do now?"

“I’ll… I’ll be a good wife.” Riva teared up.

—————

Nico walked back into the restaurant for a drink of water.  

Caden furrowed his brow, "what exactly does that mean?"

-----

Fischer thought he might have heard Nico calling after him, but that only caused him to run. He trembled at the thought of what he say to him in anger, feeling bad enough as it was.

On 8/2/2021 at 9:50 PM, Zephrun's Imperium said:

Mav raised an eyebrow. "This is your master?"

The young woman yawned, sparing a glance at Maverick. "This is Darren's brother?" she said, half-mockingly.

Wendy let out a breath, then glanced over at the new girl. "Are you okay?"

@DramaQueen

12 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

Caden furrowed his brow, "what exactly does that mean?"

"I see it now..." Riva lamented, tearing up. "This is what Ivian wanted. A tame and obedient Raveness who respects her superiors. What... what have I become?"

13 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

Fischer thought he might have heard Nico calling after him, but that only caused him to run. He trembled at the thought of what he say to him in anger, feeling bad enough as it was.

Nico had never been good at hiding his tears, but at the moment, he found he couldn't cry. He had already cried, years and years ago, when the pain was still fresh. Now, he could do nothing but sit here and hurt. He ended up ordering some beer instead of water. That would down the pain. Hopefully.

9 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The young woman yawned, sparing a glance at Maverick. "This is Darrin's brother?" she said, half-mockingly.

Maverick cocked his head, surprised at the disrespect from an apparent minor. But then... she couldn't be as young as she looked, could she? "Are you a demon?"

49 minutes ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

"I see it now..." Riva lamented, tearing up. "This is what Ivian wanted. A tame and obedient Raveness who respects her superiors. What... what have I become?"

-------

Nico had never been good at hiding his tears, but at the moment, he found he couldn't cry. He had already cried, years and years ago, when the pain was still fresh. Now, he could do nothing but sit here and hurt. He ended up ordering some beer instead of water. That would down the pain. Hopefully.

"You're the Raveness," Caden said, unable to think of anything else. "Don't tell me you forced me to love you just before you got soft."

"I am not soft!" She punched his shoulder. "I am... I am the Nightterror, the monster of the dark!" She glared at him. "Don't tell me you were in on this. That you, what, teamed up with Ivian to try and make me love you? So I would be your picture perfect little..."

"Wife?" Caden raised his eyebrow, unaffected by the punch. "The last thing I want is a 'picture perfect little' wife. Don't tell me you want the 'picture perfect' husband."

She wrinkled her nose at him. "Of course not. As I said at the ball, no one else would dance with me. You are, perhaps, the only one strong enough to." She folded her arms, settling into his chest. "You don't want me to be docile?"

Caden lifted his hand onto her shoulder, "My dear Riva, if you were anything near docile, then I would have never let you in the same room that I sleep in, let alone the same bed."

Riva smirked, kissing him briefly. "I don't know what Ivian wanted with me. But I still hope I'm not losing my touch..."

The general kissed her back, but his lasting just a moment longer. "I still think you're positively terrifying."

"Oh really?" She sucked her teeth, leaning in closer. "Well. I think you're pretty terrifying too, my love." 

"Now why," Caden wrapped both of his arms around her waist, "would you say that?"

"Well, you're almost as terrifying as me, my dearest, my darling, so we make a perfect couple."

"A perfect couple?" Caden kissed her again, smiling. "I think I'll agree with you on that."

If we go on it's going to get very steamy, so we'll have Rivaden say goodnight. 

Posted (edited)

Ew.

Steam is gross.

ANYWAYS, uh... here's a thing. It takes place before Nicolae and Fischer hung out, just for some context. Wowza is our timeline convoluted...

After wrapping a set of bandages--rags, really--around her now-bloody chest and doing her best to make herself look presentable (which involved taking thread and needle to the torn-up overshirt, tying her hair back again, and bleaching Allivia's blood off her sleeve), Wendy had one other order of business to attend to that day. First on her list had been to punch Allivia, and second was...

Well...

She'd found Nicolae, Arabella, and Katie, as well as a few other waitresses she thought she was close enough to to break the news. Wendy swallowed all the emotions that kept bubbling up at the edge of her throat, trying to keep her voice as collected as possible so that she could just get this over with.

"Hey, um, I--" Her voice immediately caught. Wonderful. "I..."

Katie blinked at her innocently. "Yeah?"

"I'm, uhh..." Wendy grabbed her shoulder. Just send it. "Pregnant."

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

Nico furrowed his brow. "Oh, miss."

"It's okay," Wendy said reassuringly. "I'm... okay. For now."

"Just eat a bunch of drugs." Reyna suggested. "I've, uh... seen... well, Allivia's done that." She watched Nicolae carefully as she said that. "If you... y'know. Don't want to have a kid."

"What? Kill a baby?" Katie demanded. "That's like pouring apple juice into the toilet! Or something."

"Please, please, don't..." Wendy held out her hands. "I'm going to figure this out, alright? I just thought I'd let you know."

"I... Iffin' you need anythin', you just ask, alright, miss?"

"Thanks." Wendy relaxed a little. She'd run through a million simulations of how they'd react in her head; at least nobody had started a violent rampage and attacked the king.

Nico offered his arms for a hug.

29 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

After wrapping a set of bandages--rags, really--around her now-bloody chest and doing her best to make herself look presentable (which involved taking thread and needle to the torn-up overshirt, tying her hair back again, and bleaching Allivia's blood off her sleeve), Wendy had one other order of business to attend to that day. First on her list had been to punch Allivia, and second was...

Well...

She'd found Nicolae, Arabella, and Katie, as well as a few other waitresses she thought she was close enough to to break the news. Wendy swallowed all the emotions that kept bubbling up at the edge of her throat, trying to keep her voice as collected as possible so that she could just get this over with.

"Hey, um, I--" Her voice immediately caught. Wonderful. "I..."

Katie blinked at her innocently. "Yeah?"

"I'm, uhh..." Wendy grabbed her shoulder. Just send it. "Pregnant."

"You're gonna have a baby? Can I name it?"