Masquerade - These Masks We Wear

Zephrun’s Imperium

I really don't like her. And I know I'm supposed to hate her. But there are some villains that I love because I hate them. Nope. I just absolutely despise Allivia.

Leina kept accidentally kneeling on her skirts, slowing her crawl, but after what seemed like an eternity, she was a fairly safe distance away from Allivia. 

She stood up. She wanted to run away, get back to her quarters and dive under the hand-me-down rags she used as blankets and never come out. But Allivia's last comment got under her skin just enough to give her the willpower to stay put. 

She'd been right. No one did care about her. That had been the reason Leina ran away from her home to become a waitress. Because no one there had given a crap about her.

But that didn't give her an excuse to be weak. She stood her ground, breathing heavily and glaring at Allivia across the hall.

Edited by DramaQueen

Caden nodded, leaning back. "I can stop any number of them; live live in a castle, after all."

--------

"I've faced death, and for years I wanted nothing but to curse the King for sending me there!" Fischer had flung up his hands, turning away from Nico as his rage caused his heart to pound in his head.

"Yes. Yes we do." A small smile graced her face. "How..." She yawned. "How long have you lived here anyway? It's so far away from the palace, did you build it yourself?"
---------
"Yes, I know..." Nico bit his lip. "An' I did it all to save my own Stars-cursed, pathetic life."

Edited by Zephrun's Imperium

"Oh. That horrible man..." Riva suddenly felt a little sick sleeping in the same bedroom as Caden's father had. 
-------
Nicolae felt bile rise in his throat. "Let's me and you take this outside, please," he whispered, setting some money on the table. It was far too much for just the two bowls of soup, but he didn't care. 

“I only wish that man had graced my clutches. He’d never see the light of day and pain would be his only companion.” She growled, a low rumbling in her throat. 
——————— 

Nico got up to follow him. “Fischer! I’s… I’m… Gah! I hate myself for what I did, I lay awake a’ night thinkin’ ‘bout it.”

Riva smiled. “You really think so highly of me?”

——————

Nico was about to respond, but as he opened his mouthy to respond, he quickly realized he needed to get to a trash can. Thankfully enough there was one nearby and he was able to throw up into it. Stars, he felt awful. 

"I know you can handle yourself," Caden corrected himself quickly. "It's that he had a way with people."

---------

Fischer threw open the door to the eating house, gritting his teeth as he tried to fight the Star's cursed tears. Everything was meant to be be alright now, why the blazes did it all have to go wrong?! He wanted to run and hide, but he only knew one place he could go to find protection, even if he would likely receive scorn for the tears that dripped off of his chin. But there was nowhere else to go.

14 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Wendy punched her in the face.

Allivia was knocked to the floor. When she stood up, blood was dripping from her now-broken nose and she wiped it off, growling. “Wendy…” she hissed, cursing at her. “I’ll KILL YOU YOU, YOU LITTLE-“ Allivia ran up to Wendy and tackled her, clawing at her face and pulling her hair, actually intent on killing the girl. 

Ah, Allivia. I’m glad you hate her, Queen, there’s nothing likable about her.

26 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"I know you can handle yourself," Caden corrected himself quickly. "It's that he had a way with people."

---------

Fischer threw open the door to the eating house, gritting his teeth as he tried to fight the Star's cursed tears. Everything was meant to be be alright now, why the blazes did it all have to go wrong?! He wanted to run and hide, but he only knew one place he could go to find protection, even if he would likely receive scorn for the tears that dripped off of his chin. But there was nowhere else to go.

“So do I, my love.” Riva laughed. “It’s my job to…. Well. It was my job…” she trailed off, suddenly solemn. 
——————

Nico didn’t throw up for long and once he was done, he wiped his mouth and looked around for Fischer. But of course, his companion was nowhere to be seen. “Fischer? Fischer?!”

3 minutes ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

Allivia was knocked to the floor. When she stood up, blood was dripping from her now-broken nose and she wiped it off, growling. “Wendy…” she hissed, cursing at her. “I’ll KILL YOU YOU, YOU LITTLE-“ Allivia ran up to Wendy and tackled her, clawing at her face and pulling her hair, actually intent on killing the girl. 

Her hands, in a frozen panic, clutched—tight—around Allivia’s throat.

"When I'm... done with you..." Allivia gasped. She tried to keep clawing at Wendy's chest though now her wrinkled fingers had begun to fail her, shaking more than actually doing damage. Her eyes were wild and bloodshot and her thin hair fell over her ugly face. She was, in short, a madwoman, even more so than the Raveness. "You'll live to see your little boyfriend dead. I'll... kill... both of you... Stupid boy isn't good for... anything but sex anyway. I'll get someone to... replace him. And you... you..." With that, she fell limp and unconscious.