Masquerade - These Masks We Wear

Zephrun’s Imperium

Kay, in that case I'm assuming they did what Wendy said and went to bother Nicolae...

Wendy half-smiled at Alienor sheepishly. "Sorry, madame. They're... y'know. Kids."

Meanwhile, Katie had grabbed Arabella and pulled her behind a table, trying to come up with the perfect plan to scare Nicolae out of his socks.

17 hours ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

Riva could hardly believe her eyes. Caden. Sobbing. 

She strode carefully - quietly - into the room, placing a hand on his shoulder to test his reaction. “Caden?” she whispered, mostly making sure he didn't snap up and kill her. The great boulder of a man shook beneath her wet fingers and Riva could only wonder at the oddness of a mountain-like man appearing so weak before her. 

Her luck couldn't have been better. Would killing him really be so easy?

The general shuddered upon contact, curling up tighter and clenching his eyes closed harder. "Forgive me, please forgive," he whispered over and over again while his body trembled, being cold to the touch.

"Oh yeah? Is that why you killed her? Why you were going to kill me, too?" She ran her hands over labels, finally finding one of her favorite potions in her arsenal. It was in a large vial, since she used it so often and labeled, "Mamma's Recipe." Riva wondered briefly why she hadn't chosen a new name. Night Brew maybe? "Night" for "Nyx." Bah, it didn't matter. She poured some into a cup, looking for some paralyzing agents to add to it.

Edited by Zephrun's Imperium

53 minutes ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

"Oh yeah? Is that why you killed her? Why you were going to kill me, too?" She ran her hands over labels, finally finding one of her favorite potions in her arsenal. It was in a large vial, since she used it so often and labeled, "Mamma's Recipe." Riva wondered briefly why she hadn't chosen a new name. Night Brew maybe? "Night" for "Nyx." Bah, it didn't matter. She poured some into a cup, looking for some paralyzing agents to add to it.

"I can't-" The curled up form that was the general shuddered, his voice lowering to a whisper. "I couldn't go on she was stolen from me, I can't go through that again. I can't let myself love her . . ."

45 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Find the sword," repeated the specter. "Or wait, prepare, and then find it."

"And you wouldn't happen to want this sword for yourself, right? 'Cause I'll be honest, I think you want it more than I do."

1 minute ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"I can't-" The curled up form that was the general shuddered, his voice lowering to a whisper. "I couldn't go on she was stolen from me, I can't go through that again. I can't let myself love her . . ."

"Love who, you jerk?" Riva loaded a syringe. 

"Awww, you love me?" Riva strode forward. Her face was bruised, her makeup was a mess, her hair was tangled and wet, and her clothing barely covered her bony, wrinkled body. "THEN WHY DID YOU HURT ME!!" She took his face in her hands and slapped him. "Damn you! Damn you to Mal! You don't love me." Riva's body shook with sobs. "You don't, you never did."

14 minutes ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

"And you wouldn't happen to want this sword for yourself, right? 'Cause I'll be honest, I think you want it more than I do."

"The sword will further our goals," admitted the specter. "But none can wield it except the heir."