Chapter 89: Voice of Lights

The Rhythm of War vibrated through her, proof that there could be harmony, At the same time, the nearly clashing tones told another story. Harmony could be reached, but it was exceedingly difficult.

Just a cheeky inclusion of Harmony I spotted in the main text outside the Epigraphs.

Yup. Remember that Preservation predicted that the new Shard combo would be Discord:

He shall defend their ways, yet shall violate them. He will be their savior, yet they shall call him heretic. His name will be Discord, yet they shall love him for it. 

And there's something Brandon said about that too:

There’s another name Harmony could go by if he weren’t able to control the conflict between his halves… Have you guys figured that one out yet?  Oh, I’m not going to say anything.  *to Zas* You have it on recording… I was pretty sneaky with that one so I don’t know if you have it or not.

On 1/31/2021 at 10:38 AM, HoidIsAdonalsium said:

Chapter 89: Voice of Lights

Just a cheeky inclusion of Harmony I spotted in the main text outside the Epigraphs.

I also had noted these other two on my readthrough:

Shallan wanted to work with them long enough to find out what they knew. So Radiant would not go to Dalinar and Jasnah. The compact meant harmony, and harmony meant the ability to function.

And

Sometimes Raboniel visited and joined in the research, writing her own musings alongside Navani’s in their notebook. Two opposing forces in harmony, focused on a single goal.

The second one I find the most interesting. Harmony needs a shared purpose to direct his two intents towards to work together and be able to function - his emulsifier. Maybe it can be the fight against Odium, to preserve Scadrial and the Cosmere but Ruin/Destroy Odium.

Edited by Dreamwa1ker

41 minutes ago, Dreamwa1ker said:

I also had noted these other two on my readthrough:

And

The second one I find the most interesting. Harmony needs a shared purpose to direct his two intents towards to work together and be able to function - his emulsifier. Maybe it can be the fight against Odium, to preserve Scadrial and the Cosmere but Ruin/Destroy Odium.

Brandon casually dropping tidbits about Harmony. Love to see it :) Good catches by you!