Theories

Dvir

So I've just finished reading the emperor's soul, and I've got a few Theories/Questions:

1. if forging is used by changing history (using  stamps) and become, lets say, a soldier or something, cant an apprentice whos just finished to learn using Soulstamps, create a stamp which will make him an incredibly talented forger? so basically every forger can become as good as Shai? it will take a lot of time but it is possible, right?

2.is the red armored priest that Shai push in the end of the book the same priest form the religion in Elantris? 

7 hours ago, Dvir said:

1. if forging is used by changing history (using  stamps) and become, lets say, a soldier or something, cant an apprentice whos just finished to learn using Soulstamps, create a stamp which will make him an incredibly talented forger? so basically every forger can become as good as Shai? it will take a lot of time but it is possible, right?

Well, to create a Soulstamp that could make you a master of Forgery you'd need to be a master of Forgery... We see Shai doing it, but remember she's one of the, if not the most talented Forger of MaiPon. What we're seeing is on the pinnacle of Forgery.

7 hours ago, Dvir said:

2.is the red armored priest that Shai push in the end of the book the same priest form the religion in Elantris? 

Yes, it's a Derethi priest. Brandon confirms this:

Questioner

When does Emperor's Soul take place in relation to the events of Elantris?

Brandon Sanderson

After them.

Questioner

Like how long after?

Brandon Sanderson

I haven't answered that yet. A lot of people keep asking. But after them, but not so far after them that the technology level has shifted, which I allow, in my worlds, to happen. And also not so far after that the Emperor's Soul- if you keep your eyes open you will see a Derethi priest in full armor. And so, not so far after that the kingdoms we are familiar with no longer exist. They do exist and the tech level has not shifted dramatically so you can use that to kind of ballpark for yourself, a range. It's certainly not thousands of years later, in other words.

Salt Lake City signing 2012 (Nov. 6, 2012)

• 2 months later...
On 1/29/2021 at 5:42 PM, Dvir said:

Think more production line 1 creates 2 that can creat 2 each and so on. The problem with your initial way is that even if they did gain the skill to do so, at best they could go back and join slightly earlier learning slightly more slightly sooner which won’t do them much good if they put in years of studying.