Mid-Range Game 48: The Southern Wind

Straw

3 minutes ago, Illwei said:

well it's a good thing we don't just rely on meta for suspicions no siree heheh.

Elim meta as in what I do/say as elim.

Which so far most of the suspicion put on me has been that.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

2 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Elim meta as in what I do/say as elim.

Which so far most of the suspicion put on me has been that.

I mean, I don't think anyone so far has been like "the last time Matrim was elim he did this." It's more been "Matrim isn't acting the way he does as village" or "this is generally elimmy." Both of which are independent of whether you have an elim meta, or what it is : P

31 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

I mean, I don't think anyone so far has been like "the last time Matrim was elim he did this." It's more been "Matrim isn't acting the way he does as village" or "this is generally elimmy." Both of which are independent of whether you have an elim meta, or what it is : P

Yeah, fair point. I kinda linked my village meta with my elim meta (meaning that if you say I’m not acting villagery it’s the same thing) but it’s... not :P.

2 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Yeah, fair point. I kinda linked my village meta with my elim meta (meaning that if you say I’m not acting villagery it’s the same thing) but it’s... not :P.

Of course, I've definitely been informed that I'm not acting like village me when I'm... actually village (see QF49, LG72, this game but you don't know that yet :P) Edit: so I'm aware that it's not infallible as a method of deduction.

Edited by Quintessential

Just now, Quintessential said:

Of course, I've definitely been informed that I'm not acting like village me when I'm... actually village (see QF49, LG72, this game but you don't know that yet :P) Edit: so I'm aware that it's not infallible as a method of deduction.

Well yeah, both of these last games went like that. I just want to avoid the exe this game. If I die, I want to get into the Hospital! :P 

9 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Of course, I've definitely been informed that I'm not acting like village me when I'm... actually village

It's not that you haven't been acting like V!Quinn in those games, it's that you weren't acting like a villager in general.

2 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Which, hopefully, you've now all realized is not necessarily an indicator of elim!me <_<

Except for two outta three of those ending in you flipping elim, IIRC :ph34r:    

Just now, Illwei said:

Hopefully you've gotten better since your first two games though, Quinn xD.

Those were my third and fourth games, not my first two. And given that my next three games after that were elim games, I'm not sure my village play has gotten any better. Unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Quintessential said:

Right, I'm not saying that me playing not like a villager is village indicative. It's just not elim indicative either : P

Which is also what I was saying about me xD

So we agree then? :P 

11 hours ago, TJ Shade said:

I was thinking that Archer's PM buddy lied about being vanilla to him, then got killed him so the bookkeeper wouldn't scan them. But did they forget about the doc? 

Okay I'm starting to think this isn't it?

@Straw If the hospital was sabotaged in C1, would C1 kills still go to the hospital or would it only start C2?

EDIT:

4 hours ago, Quintessential said:

Edit: @Straw Illwei

LMAO you edited this two minutes before I posted? xD

Edited by Illwei

1 minute ago, Quintessential said:

I... don't see why that matters? The Brig was sabotaged C1.

Well i mean my current theory is that Archer was killed because of something related to his PM- but if he was, then why wouldn't the Elims sabotage the hospital to keep him from talking about it?

1 minute ago, Illwei said:

Well i mean my current theory is that Archer was killed because of something related to his PM- but if he was, then why wouldn't the Elims sabotage the hospital to keep him from talking about it?

Ah, got it. I mean. If Archer said something in his PM that might lead the other person to want him dead, he can say in the doc. In the meantime I doubt there's really much to be gleaned from his having been killed--I mean, C1 kills generally aren't much more reasoned out than C1 exes in my experience. Mostly based on players' abilities in past games and on how recently they joined, whether they're returning, whether they've died early recently or not... so basically, mostly the same stuff that we have to go on for the exe. Only difference is they know everyone's alignment, which... really doesn't narrow the kill pool by all that much : P

4 hours ago, Quintessential said:

Edit: @Straw Illwei

Reasoning? Just to satisfy my curiosity.

4 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Which again rests on Archer saying in the Hospital doc who his PM friend was.

Okay, so I reread C1 (thanks for only 4.5 pages to go through ), and it... just made me more suspicious of everyone. But anyway, I just have everyone listed in the order they entered the thread and with the number of their posts (roughly because I kept getting distracted) in parentheses after their name. Idk if that would help anyone else, but I figured I'd leave those in. Matrim, Quinn, and Illwei were the most active out of everyone by faaar. :P

Matrim (24): Very active. Gut read Quinn as elim and didn’t like everyone focusing in on Bard missing Archer’s post. Harped a lot on TUO for disagreeing with Dannex about the possibility of a single doc in the hospital doc. Matrim seemed village to me early on, but their later posts seemed a lot more defensive. Mild Elim.

Quintessential (20): Vote hopped a lot, but didn’t do a lot of analysis, especially for the number of posts. Null-Mild Elim.

Illwei (24): Some good analysis/speculation. Thought (probably correctly) Dannex/TUO were overestimating roles. Didn’t like Matrim’s vote on TUO and thought they were elimmy. A lot of vote-switching. Null.

Archer (3): Dead, presumably the elim kill/villager. Only voted Orlok early on as a poke/joke vote. Mostly did analysis and mentioned their PM buddy as vanilla. Could have died for something in PMs, but possibly just because they were somewhat active but not likely to get voted off, which is more likely IMO. 

Ashbringer (4): Some RP, said they're busy in blue text, and did a little analysis of the me vs. TUO voting, but didn't vote. Could be a way to avoid having a voting record, but not really much to go on. Null.

Dannex (9): Guessed at role distribution/definitely overestimated some, like most of us. Voted on Bard early on because they missed the Archer post, but didn't really say much after that. Null.

Gears (1): Did one very long role analysis/ship part analysis/summary of the previous posts. Not a fan of the large amount of discussion centered around what would be most beneficial to sabotage, because that seems most helpful for the elims, but I'm also not sure an elim would post that in thread. Null-Mild Elim.

Young Bard (4): Missed Archer's post and poke voted, but switched to Random Bystander when Quinn reminded them. Read Matrim as village and voted on TUO. Null-Mild Village.

Bright Eyes (3): Laid pretty low, mostly RPing and didn't say a lot about what was happening. They asked for a vote count at the end but didn't vote. Null. 

TJ Shade (4): Emphasized that they thought fewer roles. Provided some semi-detailed reads on a couple different people. Mild Village.

Random Bystander (3): Laid very low, one RP post and a couple other posts with not much substance. Null-Mild Elim.

The Unknown Order (12): Dead/Village. Voted Matrim mostly due to gut and voted me for self-preservation, but didn't really mention any other suspicions.

Kingsway (3): Laid very low, but was paying enough attention to mention that Reading hadn't posted in response to Illwei's vote. Null-Mild Elim. 

Shard of Reading (1): Didn't jump on until the every end, didn't really post much, and didn't vote. Null.

Orlok (0): Nothing to go on, may get switched out by the inactivity filter. Null. 

Also, I'm totally down to use crewmates/imposters instead of vill/elim this round, because this is very Among-Us-y. :P 

That took way longer than it should have and now my brain hurts. This is for you, my fellow Thirds! I honestly don't have strong reads of anyone, with Matrim as my top sus and then the people who were laying low (Kingsway, Random Bystander, maybe Shard of Reading). I humbly invite pushback against this cuz I'm well aware that I know nothing. :P