Mid-Range Game 48: The Southern Wind

Straw

Ha, there was only one Doctor! :P 

Uhhh Liranil, to start things off... Still kinda thinking it's a Liranil/Quinn team.

Archer's alignment has to be village. I mean, there's no way it isn't.

@Straw we can only use our PMs from last cycle if we reactivate them with our once per, correct?

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

Ha, there was only one Doctor! :P 

Uhhh Liranil, to start things off... Still kinda thinking it's a Liranil/Quinn team.

Archer's alignment has to be village. I mean, there's no way it isn't.

@Straw we can only use our PMs from last cycle if we reactivate them with our once per, correct?

Technically, a village aligned trapper could have killed Archer. (I mean, it's not likely, but it's possible)

Just now, Random Bystander said:

Technically, a village aligned trapper could have killed Archer. (I mean, it's not likely, but it's possible)

Only if the elims didn't submit a kill. Which they definitely submitted a kill, and always will. So Archer was village.

Interesting that two of the Three Musketeers died :ph34r: 

17 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Well I don't XD my Liranil/TUO e/e theory has been disproved, so I'll leave Liranil alone for the moment at least : P
 also I know who the Doctor is...
Edit: also, surprise surprise, the Brig was sabotaged. So, we have no roleblocks or defense for 3 cycles...

Edited by Quintessential

Maybe Orlok is a doctor then. I very much doubt there’s only one. Although I’ll admit that I was unaware that the doc is posted publicly every cycle. That does make me think differently about the role. 

Also, wait, are people only sent to the hospital if they were killed by trapper/elims? Not the shrek? I had assumed both were sent to the hospital, but seeing how TUOs role was revealed I guess they just went straight to the spectator doc.

6 minutes ago, Dannex said:

Also, wait, are people only sent to the hospital if they were killed by trapper/elims? Not the shrek? I had assumed both were sent to the hospital, but seeing how TUOs role was revealed I guess they just went straight to the spectator doc.

Correct, only people killed by elims or the Trapper are sent to the Hospital. 

Why the brig?

1 hour ago, Random Bystander said:

They only have one kill, so if it was one of them then there's no reason for them not to come out and say it if it was them.

Rereading through D1, things that Ping me (idk what ping means in this sense okay deal with it :P):

- Matrim's "use it well". Yeah there's nothing here except for that it's just a weird thing to say?? idk. I'm not a fan of people telling the village/individuals how to use things. while this doesn't really fall into that category, it feels...performative? in a way? Like, I was thinking that either he's the doctor or..?? it just. idk. yeah.
 - Danex's fixation on Bard. idk man, just like. Danex grabs onto this "he didn't see Archer's post, that's sus" and then kinda holds it reaaaal tight. That just feels like a strange thing to latch onto, with all the other posts in thread. That only really makes sense though if anyone sussed before is E/E with Danex, and he didn't want to vote on them.
 - Illwei's vote on DeTess. C'mon Illwei. they're not even in the game.
 - Quinn/Matrim interaction bottom of P2. Yeah I don't even know what pings me about this. it just. feels off? ?? Quinn seemed like she was way too scared about being voted off in like the first few hours with two votes on her. and then this conversation where she was like "I don't care what you think of me, you're voting on me" ?? to which Mat replied "Don't worry, I'll be moving it later" ?? I don't-
 - Matrim's "why say anything that discredits that?". I just really don't understand why- Like if I had the same suspicion as Mat, but my reasoning was awful, I wouldn't just be like "means to an end", I'd go back and look at it like "whoa did I do something wrong here." yeah.

Overall I really don't understand Matrim/TUO thing. I thought Mat was the one leading the TUO thing, but at the same time he was saying the whole time that he didn't think TUO was an Elim? He never Voted on TUO but he was the main person arguing with him in the thread, which- Yeah I just don't understand that.

Matrim

I don't think Mat/Quinn is E/E, but I don't remember wh- that interaction in thread. bottom page 2. That felt not E/E to me.

On 2/7/2021 at 11:58 AM, Archer said:

My PM buddy is claiming vanilla, and it would be a bad idea to lie about that with the bookkeeper role in the game. Assuming there were vanillas got us in trouble in QF50, but I feel okay thinking  there are some in this one. 

If we're assuming there is an Elim doctor, dying people should do their best to make them slip and reveal their identities

Also, this is like the only thing Archer has said that I could think would be why he was killed, unless he mentioned something in his PM, but that goes back here. I was wondering if his PM buddy didn't want Archer to end up telling anyone else who they were. idk. Either that or something about the Elim Doctor, but idk. 

The Saboteurs have taken out the Brig. Makes perfect sense, the brig is a dangerous threat to them. I predict that they will sabotage that location every three days. Prospective entries in the triday include the Main Office, the Hospital, the Aviar Holding Area, or the Crew's Mess, not in that order. 

I presume that Third of the Eclipse is a Crewmember, though we cannot know for certain until their final demise. No Trapper would be so foolish as to waste the kill so early. I will examine what they've said to see why they were slaughtered.

Spoiler
On 2/6/2021 at 4:22 PM, Archer said:

@Liranil @The Unknown Order

"Third?" said Third, surprised to see Third and Third. "Name buddies! It's my lucky day!" 

That was a joke, because for Third, every day was lucky. "You two aren't, you're not 'a thing' right? I don't want to intrude if so. I'd hate to be a third wheel."

First two people talking are the LG dead? Makes sense. Hi guys! I read the rules and loved them but that was days ago so I need to find some time to re read before I do any speculation. 

Orlock's character name doesn't match everyone else's. SUSPICIOUS

Banter, joking, a stab at Locke Tekiel for lingering in slumber. Nothing of importance.

On 2/7/2021 at 1:58 PM, Archer said:

I've been ninjad six times writing this. Gak.

My PM buddy is claiming vanilla, and it would be a bad idea to lie about that with the bookkeeper role in the game. Assuming there were vanillas got us in trouble in QF50, but I feel okay thinking  there are some in this one. 

If we're assuming there is an Elim doctor, dying people should do their best to make them slip and reveal their identities. Have fun with that. However, the hospital doc is published publicly afterwards, ya? So the elims might be blindsided by a revelation, but I don't think it's integral to their team to have a doctor. My guess is either 2 village doctors or one village and one Elim. At most there'll be three. 

I'm guessing a maximum of two trappers. The Elim team will likely have 3 or 4 people. 5 is ridiculous in a parity game, they'd win after three rounds. 25% makes much more sense. 

My post was small, I can understand it being missed. :(:P

You with the RP birds, are you claiming Aviar roles? 

Third quite liked the sound of the Three Musketeers, even though he didn't know what a musket was. He also found the man poking around the bar funny. People had spoken highly of him in the snippets of conversation he'd heard. 

"Ya know, regular people are okay at division. They can chop things into fourths no problem. But to be a real pro you have to be able to chop things into quarters, then quarter those quarters! Sixteenth is apparently really good at it. I've even heard people on the ship call him the quartermaster."

Firstly, Third of the Eclipse is in contact with someone who is nothing. There are ones with no purpose in this world. Fascinating. Speculation about the Doctors that turns out to be wrong. Assumptions about numbers. Nothing that has not been done.

4 hours ago, Archer said:

Third hummed cheerfully to himself, happy to have a two name buddies who were gonna be his best friends forever and ever. "Nothing will ever come between the Three Musketeers." ツ 

Yet more banter.

In conclusion, Third of the Eclipse was killed for the simple fact that they had no ties, no distinguishing factors, nothing to bind them to this earth. Their death would not be incriminating or telling. Nothing would be revealed from this death. They were attacked because they leave behind a useless corpse.

I do not understand Philico's suspicion on Third of the Dawn. Is it because they are the last of the Three Musketeers? I shall reread the minutes to comprehend.

Genuine question: when people are saying "e/e pairs", do you mean you think both individuals are evil or that if one is evil, the other is likely evil as well?

Because to me it feels... very early to start that. Maybe it's just a way of building connections but I don't get it.

Edited by Ashbringer

54 minutes ago, Illwei said:

- Matrim's "use it well". Yeah there's nothing here except for that it's just a weird thing to say?? idk. I'm not a fan of people telling the village/individuals how to use things. while this doesn't really fall into that category, it feels...performative? in a way? Like, I was thinking that either he's the doctor or..?? it just. idk. yeah.

Why? It was me wanting to have been the Doctor and just saying like 'hey you got a good role' to whoever it was. Like a farewell turn away type thing. It just came out, basically the opposite of performative. I'm not the Doctor.

56 minutes ago, Illwei said:

- Quinn/Matrim interaction bottom of P2. Yeah I don't even know what pings me about this. it just. feels off? ?? Quinn seemed like she was way too scared about being voted off in like the first few hours with two votes on her. and then this conversation where she was like "I don't care what you think of me, you're voting on me" ?? to which Mat replied "Don't worry, I'll be moving it later" ?? I don't-

I found Quinn's response to my vote slightly off key for her, but you did exaggerate my reply. It wasn't 'don't worry, I'll move it later' it was 'I'll probably move it later because I want more time to read you.'

57 minutes ago, Illwei said:

- Matrim's "why say anything that discredits that?". I just really don't understand why- Like if I had the same suspicion as Mat, but my reasoning was awful, I wouldn't just be like "means to an end", I'd go back and look at it like "whoa did I do something wrong here." yeah.

I've explained it enough times and I agreed with you last cycle that the statement itself was more vil than elim. I just pointed out something I found kinda strange. Because it was D1. And that's what you do D1. Like- again it's the I don't always think before I say something part. Because I don't really need to as a villager unless I'm super desperate to not attract suspicion for whatever reason.

56 minutes ago, Gears said:

I do not understand Philico's suspicion on Third of the Dawn. Is it because they are the last of the Three Musketeers? I shall reread the minutes to comprehend.

It's from gut off of last cycle. There isn't any other basis and I'll likely move it, but I figured it was a good conversation starter :P

8 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Genuine question: when people are saying "e/e pairs", do you mean you think both individuals are evil or that if one is evil, the other is likely evil as well?

Ummm what's the difference :P.

For me, it's kinda both? Like, I do think both are evil (and if one flips vil I won't immediately trust the other) and if one does flip elim I'd find the other to be way more likely to be elim than before. And it might be early, but it does help build connections.

I'll go read the progression on the Order train and the like and see if I come up with something.

1 hour ago, Illwei said:

I... wasn't scared of being voted off? I just decided it was time to remove the joke vote I'd placed on myself lol. 

9 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I guess the difference would be "could be partners" vs "are partners". So... not much. It just seems different than prior mostly-individualistic D1s.

I'd be more to 'could be' just cause you never can be sure :P 

Unrelated, but... since there apparently is only one Doctor, do we think they're village or elim?

8 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Unrelated, but... since there apparently is only one Doctor, do we think they're village or elim?

I... have no idea. I have a guess as to who they are. But I've never been able to read that person anyway (as if I can read anyone : P) so that's probably not helpful. I'll share my guess if the Doctor ever appears overtly elimmy in the Hospital doc, but otherwise I should probably keep it to myself, yeah?

I'm wondering - If there's only one doc, would that mean there's only one messenger? because if there's one of each then I'd assume that they'd be v/e because they're both communication roles kinda?

At the same time as I'm writing this, I think about how the doc has no real power. the people can talk without the doc existing, and the docs get published, so it's not a very useful role to either side and I don't know what I intended to say here so let's just move on lmao

55 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

For me, it's kinda both? Like, I do think both are evil (and if one flips vil I won't immediately trust the other) and if one does flip elim I'd find the other to be way more likely to be elim than before. And it might be early, but it does help build connections.

I just don't get why people are making e/e pairs like it's so much easier to find people who aren't e/e and work from there Imo idk

I had more things to say but I walked 'away from the computer and forgot them

Third of the Dawn awoke that morning to find two of the crew dead... and her two fellow Thirds. Guilt overwhelmed her, as she knew she was partially responsible. "I will avenge you, my friends," she whispered, her gaze hardening. "If I die in the process, I will be united with you in the afterlife."

Okay, I definitely have some suspicions, but I'm going to reread C1, see if I'm just misremembering things, and come back with my reads. 

4 hours ago, Dannex said:

Maybe Orlok is a doctor then. I very much doubt there’s only one.

I don't think it's that crazy for there to only be one doctor, but Orlok as an inactive doctor would make sense too. I guess if they get replaced and another doctor suddenly appears we'll know for sure.

5 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

What were your reasons for pairing the two of us again?

20 minutes ago, Liranil said:

What were your reasons for pairing the two of us again?

xD the irony

So y'know how I said that my e/e was more them linked instead of me just having two suspects? That's true for me most of the time

In this case it was more: Here are my two biggest suspects. But I did notice Quinn voting you and then switching to TUO in a place that wasn't horrible for an elim to do so. I think that's mostly what it came from though in this case it did actually end up being you not necessarily linked, just suspected.

4 hours ago, Illwei said:

Danex's fixation on Bard. idk man, just like. Danex grabs onto this "he didn't see Archer's post, that's sus" and then kinda holds it reaaaal tight.

No? I made like 2 posts about it. And I have not placed my vote back on them. That reasoning really only made sense of archer was Elim. He wasn’t. So Bard is back to null for me.
(And maybe that kinda clears me a lil bit? I hesitate to be the one that points this out, because then people think I’m an Elim and orchestrated all of this so that I can then do exactly what I’m doing now and point it out, but I’ll say it anyway. If I was Elim, then my D1 actions imply that I was setting up for a Bard/Archer future misshrek. But then the Elims killed archer. Elim!me would’ve kept archer alive for a possible future misshrek.)

Speaking of Archer, we should try and analyze why he was killed. What is archer good at, meta-wise? If we know what archer was really good at, then we know what the Elims were scared of, and that could help us find them. It could’ve just been a random D1 kill, but I think it’s a better lead to go off than what we’re doing now, basically just analyzing tone and not getting anywhere.

Edited by Dannex

25 minutes ago, Dannex said:

Speaking of Archer, we should try and analyze why he was killed. What is archer good at, meta-wise?

From what I can remember, Archer's pretty good at getting village-read :P. I don't remember enough from his past games, otherwise.

Idk:

Quinn - Died Early LG
Order - Up for the grinch :P.
Liranil - Being sussed
Orlok - Returning
Dannex - Died Early LG
BrightEyes - New? (2nd Game?)
Matrim - Died Early LG
Random Bystander - New? (2nd game?)
Young Bard - returning
Kings_way - Mostly Inactive
Reading - Mostly Inactive?
Ashbringer -
Gears -
Archer -
Illwei -
TJ Shade -

Tis what I see. These are the five people that I- ...*looks at name in list* ...If I was an elim, but also not me? ...would want to kill, ignoring the fact that they might actually be Elims with not-me in this scenario :P. 

I guess we could think of why Archer instead of Ash, Gears, Illwei, or TJ here. Idk. I'm still thinking it might have something to do with the PM he had with the claimed Vanilla? maybe not neccessarily to do with the fact that they're vanilla, but them. Idk.

I just write what I write, yknow?

@Matrim's Dice, this sounded very very familiar to me for someone reason, like the exact same reply you gave to me when I sussed you a while ago, and I remembered it was LG72 and went looking and...

I use those words cause I just type as if I'm talking

And we all know you weren't village in LG72. :P I would take this as NAI, except you've not said anything like this as a villager.

Wait, is the Hospital anonymous? I was assuming it wasn't...

Waitaminit, why would you assume it wasn't? Like, you thought there'd be outed Doctors? 

Can we get a VC @Straw

@BrightEyes2's ping for a VC seems odd since they had only RPd till this point. Also, I think I remember them being a lot more involved in game talk in MR47? I joined after they had died so maybe others can verify?

12 hours ago, Dannex said:

Maybe Orlok is a doctor then. I very much doubt there’s only one. Although I’ll admit that I was unaware that the doc is posted publicly every cycle. That does make me think differently about the role. 

In LG71, Straw had listed all the Hemalurgists, from H1 to H6 before some of them had even arrived. If we're going by that, then we have just the solo doctor.

10 hours ago, Illwei said:
On 2/8/2021 at 1:28 AM, Archer said:

If we're assuming there is an Elim doctor, dying people should do their best to make them slip and reveal their identities

Also, this is like the only thing Archer has said that I could think would be why he was killed, unless he mentioned something in his PM, but that goes back here. I was wondering if his PM buddy didn't want Archer to end up telling anyone else who they were. idk. Either that or something about the Elim Doctor, but idk.

I was thinking that Archer's PM buddy lied about being vanilla to him, then got killed him so the bookkeeper wouldn't scan them. But did they forget about the doc? 

@Straw, can we @ the dead people so they take note for what we ask them and put it in the doc?

Suspecting Matrim, especially because of the anonymous doc part. And BrightEyes2 for reasons above. 

5 hours ago, Illwei said:

I guess we could think of why Archer instead of Ash, Gears, Illwei, or TJ here. Idk. I'm still thinking it might have something to do with the PM he had with the claimed Vanilla? maybe not neccessarily to do with the fact that they're vanilla, but them. Idk.

I mean. If Archer got a vanilla claim, he may very well have claimed back. Right? So if he was, say, a Trapper or a Security Guard the elims might have decided to target him. Of course, if that's the case, then he can just tell us in the hospital doc who he was PMing.

Edit: ninja'd by TJ lol

Edited by Quintessential

13 hours ago, Dannex said:

There is one doctor. I list all the doctors at the start of the doc. If there was a second doctor then there would be something saying "Doctor #2".

37 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

@Straw, can we @ the dead people so they take note for what we ask them and put it in the doc?

Yeah sure.

1 hour ago, TJ Shade said:

And we all know you weren't village in LG72. :P I would take this as NAI, except you've not said anything like this as a villager.

I have, actually. But it was in an ongoing game so there will be no more talk about that.

[Edited to add: Actually, it was true then too. As Battar, I was not an elim- and for me that statement is true when I'm not an elim. Every time I've said that it's been true- but you're also probably right about it being NAI, as I'd likely say it while evil as well :P 

Man, it's been too long since I've been evil, even don't remember by elim meta...]

Waitaminit, why would you assume it wasn't? Like, you thought there'd be outed Doctors? 

I... admit I didn't think that through very well :P. But I don't see why that's grounds for suspicion.

@BrightEyes2's ping for a VC seems odd since they had only RPd till this point. Also, I think I remember them being a lot more involved in game talk in MR47? I joined after they had died so maybe others can verify?

I think they were, as they had the village kill role and killed me with it :P 

I was thinking that Archer's PM buddy lied about being vanilla to him, then got killed him so the bookkeeper wouldn't scan them. But did they forget about the doc? 

Ooh yeah @Archer you should do that. Say in the doc who your PM friend was.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

3 hours ago, TJ Shade said:

BrightEyes2's ping for a VC seems odd since they had only RPd till this point. Also, I think I remember them being a lot more involved in game talk in MR47? I joined after they had died so maybe others can verify?

Noon looked at the others, as eyes turned on her, asking her after her prayer to Patji. She had wanted more info that the Father could provide, his guidance on what her actions shall be. 

Her prayer had not been said correctly, in the matter of the homeland, instead being like those of The Ones Above. She had forgotten herself and her culture, surprising the others. 

It was not because she was a Northerner but because of her lover who was. Morning grew up with her but after she left their village for the city and work, she did not meet him until they ran into each other at the announcement of The Northern Wind. They had fallen in love over the past months, but she had been determined to come on this voyage.

The different prayer had been in his style and, in pulling off her cloak of tradition, that protected and kept you warm, she tended to get wet once it was off. "I wished to make my plea to Patji clear," she eventually said, letting the others interpret her words.

Sidenote:

I honestly didn't really talk in MR47 until after I was accused, but I get why it is weird. I had meant to talk more, this game, but didn't have time (school).