Mid-Range Game 48: The Southern Wind

Straw

I

had something quoted here. I did. It's been hours now and I don't know what it was >>

so uh

Matrim

You seem more laid back in a way? idk not a statement on your alignment, just a statement. I'm gonna come back to the thread tomorrow. Right now....

Back to Reading @Shard of Reading

uh

something else

right. Reading is in the game, right? I'm not being an Idiot rn? :P.

8 hours ago, Young Bard said:

Quinn is probably my biggest suspicion right now - they seemed to vote on me and then Liranil with very little explanation. Though, I don't think I've played with Quinn before, so don't really know their playstyle (the AG doesn't count, because I don't associate playstyles to people when they're using anonymous accounts) - the more I think about it, I can also see Quinn's posts being from a slightly more chaos-gremlin style villager.

I... hmmm I think you're thinking of the wrong person because I haven't voted on you :P that was Matrim. You wouldn't know me from the AG anyway because I was the elim who got exed D1. And I... don't actually have a village playstyle? I'd like to think I'm not a chaos-gremlin but I suspect I end up that way even when I'm trying not to... but anyway I haven't played enough village games yet to have a vil playstyle, especially since when I'm village people keep killing me before I have a chance to figure it out! lol

8 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

Without any real reasoning ya, if you had pointed out what was wrong it would have been better.

It's.... a gut read. That's what a gut read is. And it's D1...

8 hours ago, Illwei said:

Back to Reading @Shard of Reading

HI! I'm here! (This might be the latest I've ever seen someone keep a poke vote, but that's my fault :P)

So, while it's weird that TUO and Dannex have nearly identical analysis, I don't think that's necessarily making them e/e teammates. TUO could have read Dannex's posts and been influenced by that. (It's still weird though) I know that I also had thoughts about Young Bard's Archer Poke Vote, but my memory sucks. Give me 15 minutes to remember what happened.... Despite the fact that I literally read it 10 minutes ago.

3 hours ago, Straw said:

Liranil (2): Matrim's Dice, Quintessential
The Unknown Order (2): TJ Shade, Young Bard
Matrim's Dice (1): The Unknown Order
Orlok Tsubodai (1): Archer
Shard of Reading (1): Illwei
Young Bard (1): Dannex

Well, given that my current theory is that Liranil/TUO = e/e, exeing either of them is fine with me. So, Liranil The Unknown Order

2 hours ago, Shard of Reading said:

HI! I'm here! (This might be the latest I've ever seen someone keep a poke vote, but that's my fault :P)

So, while it's weird that TUO and Dannex have nearly identical analysis, I don't think that's necessarily making them e/e teammates. TUO could have read Dannex's posts and been influenced by that. (It's still weird though) I know that I also had thoughts about Young Bard's Archer Poke Vote, but my memory sucks. Give me 15 minutes to remember what happened.... Despite the fact that I literally read it 10 minutes ago.

Reading

Which is why it's like- Why is Matrim, someone who often has the same thoughts as me- weirded out that two players are having similar thoughts :P.

I think that the reasoning on TUO is...??? but I'm not gonna- I'm not gonna try for another last minute switch >> that...worked so well last time >>

I'm just gonna...Leave yall till D2 because apparently no one liked my idea of leaving it to complete RNG :P. I hate day 1s so I'm gonna do the ignore and come back later :P.

EDIT:

Liranil @Straw

Edited by Illwei

Okay, so I'm voting Unknown Order, partially for self-preservation, but mostly because I don't like their reasoning for the vote on Matrim. Also, let it be known that I don't like people pairing me and Unknown Order together, especially since the only reason for that is Unknown Order voting for the person who voted me. That seems like exactly the kind of thing we would avoid if we were elims, since it draws attention (as we've seen).

8 minutes ago, Illwei said:

There's the part of me that wants to vote matrim

and there's the part of me that feels bad about it

but hey

[/b]Matirm[/b]

Thanks frend

multiple things wrong with that vote but whatever :P.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

... well, I am still quite swamped today. I'll see what I can do.

Straw does like to keep roles rather... tight? I wouldn't be that surprised if some are missing entirely; Doctors probably exist, but others like the Aviar Holder or Security Officer might have only one or even zero copies. I highly doubt it's role madness, especially with the level of impact sabotages can have. 

On TUO vs Liranil:

On 2/7/2021 at 11:04 AM, Liranil said:

I'm not a huge fan of throwing out votes randomly... but I also don't feel the need to tiebreak as much since ties don't kill everyone this round. So... @Kings_way Kings_way hasn't shown up yet.

I will say this: Liranil's first game was MR47, where ties did kill everyone and that fact was used to great effect by the Elim team. So I do think Liranil's worry about tiebreaks at least has a basis. But no vote manip this game and randomized ties means that tiebreaks are much less necessary... to me a different part of this feels odd, but not so much the tie part.

Not sure quite where TUO came from - I feel like a gut is good enough for D1 even if the timing is off, but at the same time he came back with a very small amount of reasoning that would be easy to narrow down in the OP...

Aaaaaaargh I'm just sticking with my non-interference for C1. 

On 2/7/2021 at 11:41 AM, Illwei said:

Was danex then a mistborn in LG72...no that don't-

...:huh:

On 2/6/2021 at 3:25 PM, Matrim's Dice said:

Drat. He'd been spotted. It was getting harder and harder to go incognito now that he kept interacting with the same people. Or in this case, cognitive shadow/kandras, but that made no difference. If anything, it made it harder.

The hordeling AraRaash had spotted scuttled away immediately after its cover was blown, to rejoin the main horde- or at least the main horde on this ship. Philico made no attempt at all to appear like a native to the Drominad system, save a slightly tanner set of skin hordelings. The same could... not be said for AraRaash, to say the least. The costume was what had tipped Philico off that this wasn't Faleast.

Philico walked around the corner, wearing his usual face. He nodded at AraRaash- though the kandra looked like Faleast- and replied, "We just keep running into each other, don't we?"

"Apologies, my friend," AraRaash said with a slightly crooked smile. "I'm a little... disjointed by this world. View of the sea, and all. But yes, we do run into each other with unusual... frequency."

He was almost certain Philico wasn't another Harbinger. He wasn't supposed to talk about it. But... Philico was one of the individuals he ran across with unusual frequency. Like the others. Lafay. Rinala. Dazrion. Even Hadrian, on occasion. It made him wonder.

"It is rather late to talk, unfortunately. To make matters worse, there's no bar aboard this stinking vessel. Truly lamentable."

AraRaash... Faleast whispered.

Well, just because he wasn't supposed to talk about it didn't mean he couldn't... hint.

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

Straw does like to keep roles rather... tight? I wouldn't be that surprised if some are missing entirely; Doctors probably exist, but others like the Aviar Holder or Security Officer might have only one or even zero copies. I highly doubt it's role madness, especially with the level of impact sabotages can have. 

Wait, won't we find out the number and identity of the Doctors once the first Hospital doc is published?

1 minute ago, Quintessential said:

Wait, won't we find out the number and identity of the Doctors once the first Hospital doc is published?

can the doctors use multiple colors and try to convince people there's more than there are? :P.

1 minute ago, Quintessential said:

I'm pretty sure the Doctor Doc (heh) is Anonymous. Whether that means a Doctor can hide by not saying anything or not, I'm not sure, but I don't think we'll learn identities. At the very least we learn how many talking docs there are.

... there are far too many puns and proto-puns here...

Third of the Eclipse and Third of the Moon were both attacked. Eclipse was rushed to the hospital, but Moon died instantly. Authorities are searching for a killer obsessed with moons and the number three. Please send any tips to the main office. In other news, the brig has suddenly exploded! It seems likely that this is connected to the two deaths.

Archer has died!
The Unknown Order has died! He was a Crewmember.

The Brig has been sabotaged!

Vote Count:

The Unknown Order (4): Liranil, Quintessential, TJ Shade, Young Bard
Liranil (2): Matrim's Dice, The Unknown Order
Matrim's Dice (1): Illwei
Orlok Tsubodai (1): Archer
Young Bard (1): Dannex

GM Notes:

• The cycle will end on February 10th, at 5:00 PM EST.
  • Don't forget to put your actions in!
  • Remember that each player can only make one one-on-one PM per cycle, unless they are a Messenger. Remember to include me in all PMs you make!
  • @Orlok Tsubodai is receiving a warning for inactivity! If he does not post this cycle, he will be replaced.

Hospital Document

Ship Status:

Spoiler

Role-Specific:

• Aviar Holding Area
  • Brig
  • Main Office
  • Laboratory
  • Trapper’s Quarters

General:

• Crew’s Mess
  • Hospital