Mid-Range Game 48: The Southern Wind

Straw

I'll play!

I wasn't going to sign up for this, but I suddenly have some time on my hands. Thanks LG73 D1 vote swings! And I'll go ahead and say this now because not saying it last game got me killed, but I will likely not be able to get online on weekends.

Edited by Dannex

Hmmm... My home internet has been fritzing up lately, and I don't know when exactly it will be fixed... If I were to sign up, I might not be able to get on as much in the first 1/2 cycles... 

Eh, I'm too curious about this game not to play. Sign me up as Second of Daybreak. (EDIT: Oops, just realised Dawn was taken already.)

Edited by Young Bard

4 minutes ago, Young Bard said:

Hmmm... My home internet has been fritzing up lately, and I don't know when exactly it will be fixed... If I were to sign up, I might not be able to get on as much in the first 1/2 cycles... 

Eh, I'm too curious about this game not to play. Sign me up as Second of Daybreak. (EDIT: Oops, just realised Dawn was taken already.)

:o

Bard's going back in. This should be interesting :P 

GM Note: While signups will end on 5:00 PM EST on Friday, the first cycle will go up at 5:00 PM EST on Saturday. This is mainly because I have stuff to do on Friday and because I'd rather make a distribution where I'm certain about the number of players.

@Straw If you weren’t aware, Illwei is currently listed as both a spectator and a player. :P

Also, I’ve officially decided I will not be playing this game. I’m still alive in the LG and I don’t think I could manage a second game on top of school right now.

EDIT: to be clear: I still want to spectate.

Edited by StrikerEZ

With both crewmembers and saboteurs aboard, The Southern Wind has started on its flight to the Pantheon archipelago.

GM Notes:

• The cycle will end on February 8th, at 5:00 PM EST.
  • Remember that there is no vote minimum, and that ties are random.
  • Remember that each player can only make one one-on-one PM per cycle, unless they are a Messenger. Remember to include me in all PMs you make!
  • If you did not receive a GM PM, let me know ASAP!

Ship Status:

Spoiler

Role-Specific:

• Aviar Holding Area
  • Brig
  • Main Office
  • Laboratory
  • Trapper’s Quarters

General:

• Crew’s Mess
  • Hospital

Player List:

Spoiler

1. @Ashbringer - AraRaash AKA First of the Bone
2. @Quintessential
3. @The Unknown Order - Third of the Moon
4. @Gears - Fourth of the Dark
5. @Liranil - Third of the Dawn
6. @Archer - Third of the Eclipse
7. @Orlok Tsubodai - Locke Tekiel
8. @Dannex
9. @BrightEyes2 - Second of Noon
10. @Matrim's Dice - Philico
11. @Kings_way - Sixth of the Twilight
12. @Shard of Reading
13. @Random Bystander - First of the Stars
14. @Illwei
15. @Young Bard - Second of Daybreak
16. @TJ Shade - Sixteenth of the Night

Edited by Straw

Why hello, everyone! Anyone else super excited about the Hospital mechanic? :ph34r: 

Young Bard, for fun. And because this is their ruleset :P 

I'd think there are 4 elims, though there's potential for 3 given what roles they might have. I doubt they have five unless they have a lot of vanillas.

5 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Why hello, everyone! Anyone else super excited about the Hospital mechanic? :ph34r: 

Did Matrim just softclaim Doctor?

5 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I'd think there are 4 elims, though there's potential for 3 given what roles they might have. I doubt they have five unless they have a lot of vanillas.

I think 4 is probably the number to stick to for analysis and stuff. Maybe three if they have an Aviar Holder or a Trapper, but better to overestimate than underestimate imo.

Edited by Quintessential

Just now, Quintessential said:

Did Matrim just claim Doctor?

No. I was excited about the Hospital before I signed up :P It seems really cool. And I like docs.

But Doctor would be a really fun role, so to whoever it is: You're lucky. Use it well.

1 minute ago, Quintessential said:

I think 4 is probably the number to stick to for analysis and stuff. Maybe three if they have an Aviar Holder or a Trapper, but better to overestimate than underestimate imo.

Yeah, that's why I went with 4.

3 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

But Doctor would be a really fun role, so to whoever it is: You're lucky. Use it well.

I was assuming from the phrasing of the rules that there would be more than one Doctor. It says at some point that if the Hospital is sabotaged, Doctors will still be able to talk to each other. Also it definitely wouldn't surprise me if there's an elim Doctor. That way they can keep track of what info flows back from the Hospital doc to the main thread.

6 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

"use it well" sounds like such a strange thing to say?? so performative or whatnot. Or perhaps just jealousy? :P.

3 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

I was assuming from the phrasing of the rules that there would be more than one Doctor. It says at some point that if the Hospital is sabotaged, Doctors will still be able to talk to each other.

Now you're not assuming that?

1 minute ago, Illwei said:

Now you're not assuming that?

Sorry, should have been clearer--I realize now that I have been subconsciously assuming there would be more than one Doctor. Now that Matrim has brought that assumption to my attention, I'm suspending it pending further evidence.