Mid-Range Game 48: The Southern Wind

Straw

2 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Gosh, Quinn. And here I was, thinking you were a tinfoil addict.

I'm disappointed. :)

am a tinfoil addict! I provided some nice, crunchy tinfoil in the form of an elim!Archer theory last cycle! Compared to that, tinfoiling elim!you is too easy to bother XD

1 minute ago, Quintessential said:

am a tinfoil addict! I provided some nice, crunchy tinfoil in the form of an elim!Archer theory last cycle! Compared to that, tinfoiling elim!you is too easy to bother XD

Good for you! But... it's the first time I claim elim and you don't believe me? Your fellow Doctor Who fan?

Just now, Condensation said:

Good for you! But... it's the first time I claim elim and you don't believe me? Your fellow Doctor Who fan?

What does Doctor Who have to do with it? XD (tinfoil: Orlok was the Doctor but didn't post in-thread due to being busy--so now that he's been replaced, we should see a significant change in tone from the Doctor because they are now Connie). And of course I don't believe you! I mean, I don't not believe you either... basically I'm disregarding the claim for the time being.

1 minute ago, Quintessential said:

What does Doctor Who have to do with it? XD (tinfoil: Orlok was the Doctor but didn't post in-thread due to being busy--so now that he's been replaced, we should see a significant change in tone from the Doctor because they are now Connie). And of course I don't believe you! I mean, I don't not believe you either... basically I'm disregarding the claim for the time being.

Well, we are friends. Aren't we? :)

All right, disregard it all you want. But you'll regret it.

Edited by Condensation

*Tries to wrap my head around the major paradoxical situation that Connie claiming elim is*

*Fails*

Well, she said she wants to pocket me, can you pocket someone as vil? :P.

Yeah I don't like this kind of meta reasoning... feels like cheating...

Anyway- I'll reply to the whole thread later. Maybe tomorrow. I'm pretty busy for the remainder of today but hopefully I should be able to reply to at least what comes before this.

Oh yeah, elim messenger Quinn seems likely enough to go for it (but here we are again sheeping an elim read to vote another elim read -_-) 

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

Oh yeah, elim messenger Quinn seems likely enough to go for it (but here we are again sheeping an elim read to vote another elim read -_-) 

*rubs eyes* I'm not a messenger. C1, I messaged TJ and Illwei messaged me. C2, I messaged Gears. Just now, C3, I messaged you, Matrim. I have created one PM per cycle. So, I mean, I guess I could be a messenger faking vanilla but honestly I don't see you tinfoiling like that.

And for the record, I'm not elim either. Though I guess there's no way for me to prove that.

Just now, Quintessential said:

*rubs eyes* I'm not a messenger. C1, I messaged TJ and Illwei messaged me. C2, I messaged Gears. Just now, C3, I messaged you, Matrim. I have created one PM per cycle. So, I mean, I guess I could be a messenger faking vanilla but honestly I don't see you tinfoiling like that.

Yeahh I don't tinfoil that at all xD There was no reason for me to think you were a Messenger, I just thought that it could make sense.

But I still have been sussing you this whole game and my gut generally is right on you. You tinfoil less as elim :P 

Debates how Quinn/Illwei e/e would work

[OOC Edit: That is a lot of posts that I did not see in the hours that I've been writing this. Wow. I'll look at them later.]

According to recent reports, the Saboteurs went to the Hospital and cut all the life support, so the latest victim, Sixteenth of the Night, perished. The triday sabotage cycle appears to be Brig, Hospital, XXXXX, and I suspect that XXXXX will be filled with whatever seems pressing. Crew's Mess? Main Office? 

And a new individual that I do not know the name of has replaced Locke Tekiel, who was unable to join our expedition due to prior obligation.

3 hours ago, Quintessential said:

Slightly doubting my assertion that the Doctor is Gears... but only slightly. idk, I can't tell at this point.

Quinn continues to insist that I am the Doctor, and while it makes a delightful reference to an entertaining show, I am not.

Gears is playing Rhino’s card.

Third of the Eclipse, I resent the insinuation that I am mimicking a member of Rhinocerotidae. I have always acted in this manner. In fact, I believe I predate the amaranthine pachyderm. Unless you are accusing me of being a Saboteur from beyond the grave. Then I take it as a compliment of the highest order and offer a gracious bow. 

I do not understand this turn of events. I shall analyse the previous cycle to comprehend.

1. Captain: Perish
  2. Philico: Jubilation, throws a knife at Third of the Dawn, suspecting a Dawn/Quinn team for no particular reason, questions the Captain.
  3. First of the Stars: Comments about how a convoluted series of events could have caused a Trapper to slaughter Third of the Eclipse.
  4. Captain: Confirmation
  5. Philico: Overly convoluted, nonviable.
  6. Quinn: Had a theory about Third of the Moon and Third of the Dawn that has since been proven wrong.
  7. Danex: Perhaps Locke Tekiel is a Doctor? Confusion over how exactly the hospital works. [Danny, think about it. Why would the Hospital save the person we just slaughtered mercilessly?]
  8. Quinn: Hospitals don't admit those we execute.
  9. Illwei: Questions the choice of the Brig. Thinks about the previous day. I don't understand many of the points. The main argument against Philico is that they disagreed with Third of the Moon while still thinking that they were not a Saboteur. This is perfectly fine.
  10. Fourth of the Dark: C'est moi, mon ami. Determined that Third of the Eclipse was slaughtered for being useless.
  11. First of the Bone: Questions about prospective Saboteur pairings.
  12. Philico: Responds to Illwei's commentary.
  13. First of the Bone: Semantics... 
  14. Quinn: Wasn't terrified of dying, just became a bit more serious. [Understandable. Sit down, put on the mask, let the needle enter your external carotid arteries, feel the apathy seep through your bloodstream.]
  15. Philico: Comments on the Doctor. [As an aside, Doctor, I ask again that you do something I would never do. Be informal, perhaps, or insult Doctor Who. Maybe use improper grammar.]
  16. Quinn: Knows not of the Doctor. Guesses wrong, as always [Quinn, darling, eternal enemy, best of foes, you know as well as I do that you and I are not close enough for identity to be plain to see except in cases of anonymity, ironically. Knives at each other's throats, guns at each other's temples, swords at dawn.]
  17. Illwei: Contemplates the implications of the Lonely Doctor. 
  18. Third of the Dawn: Swears an Oath of Vengeance, wonders about the nature of absence.
  19. Philico: Suspicion...
  20. Danex: Mockery is not a fixation, f́l͠aţt̵ery ̸is̀ ͏n҉ot ̶o͢b̡se̶śs̛i̢òn, y͜͢͞ǫ́́͞ų̵̷͢͞ ͏͟ć͟o͢͝͡u͏́l҉͢d̸̨͜ ҉̷̨́n̴̷̡̡e̛̕͞v̨̛̀̕e͘͢҉͏r͠͡ ̴̡͢u̷̴҉͘͝n̶̸͘d̶̷̸͘ę̶͘͘͠r̸̢̕͝͠s̨̡͢t̶̡a͏̨͠҉ņ̶̢̀d͜͝. Puppets on a gleaming string. Why did Third of the Eclipse die?
  21. Illwei: Eclipse often seems Crew. Contemplates kills.
  22. Sixteenth of the Night [requiescat in pace]: Philico thought the Doctors would prance about like gaudy peacocks except in coats of white and head mirrors? Notes that the bright-eyed and bushy-tailed recruit known as Second of Noon had done nothing but run about like a headless chicken before abruptly curing themself of their bird fever and asking the Captain for a count of the knives thrown at the walls. Just the one Doctor, unless the Captain had a change of heart between the arrangement of killers and the arrangement of healers. Perhaps Eclipse's ally slaughtered them? Throws a knife at Noon for having a cure for bird fever this entire time and not sharing it with everyone.
  23. Quinn: Eclipse, reveal all to the Doctor that cares for you. You are as good as dead, after all. 
  24. Captain: Do what you want, you filthy little rats. No one's escaping until the Saboteurs are slaughtered. Just the one Doctor.
  25. Philico: Mourns the lack of blood on their knife. Didn't think things through. Eclipse, master archer from the land of politeness and syrup and snow, reveal all. 
  26. Second of Noon: Prays to the Father that does not care. Foolish. Mentions a previous voyage, another lifetime spent in the realm of ships and stars.
  27. Quinn: Reminisces about an old friend.
  28. Illwei: Banters with Philico about halcyon days and bucolic nights.
  29. Philico: Three grins in a trenchcoat adorned with gold.
  30. Illwei: Suspicion not based on history.
  31. Quinn: Unrelated to standard Saboteur behavior.
  32. Philico: Fair.
  33. Quinn: Remember Tuscany?
  34. Philico: Of course, of course. Death is not a fear, but Hospitals taste like lavender and sassafras.
  35. Illwei: Kwinny, you are a strange individual worthy of confusion and laughter.
  36. Quinn: Indeed! You see the light.
  37. Phlico: But you were evil...
  38. Quinn: No...?
  39. Illwei: But you've gotten better, aye?
  40. Quinn: Nay.
  41. Philico: Selective examples...
  42. Quinn: Not acting like a Crewmate is not un-Crewmate-like
  43. Philico: For me as well, old friend.
  44. Quinn: Aye! Chugs three fingers of rum. Tosses a knife at Illwei in a drunken stupor.
  45. Illwei: Ponders the nature of excising life. Laughs at the drunks.
  46. Quinn: Irrelevant.
  47. Illwei: Relevant to kills.
  48. Quinn: Comprehension, drunk ramblings, Hospital Logs...
  49. Philico: Reasoning for knives? Eclipse the Archer the Madman the Dead, reveal yourself.
  50. Quinn: Absolutely none! Rejoice in the drunken fever of the mad!
  51. Third of the Dawn: Notes that Quinn, Illwei, and Philico are old drinking buddies, and everyone else is a good-for-nothing scoundrel, except for the ones who aren't.
  52. Philico: Defensive because knives are being thrown at them.
  53. Quinn: CHAOS SHALL REIGN
  54. Illwei: Notes that Dawn has varying reads on two identical people.
  55. Captain: With no Hospital, the murdered shall perish. The dark, strange laughter of one delights in watching the rats scrabble at the exits.
  56. Philico: Far too spread out, ties are not ideal. Suspects Dawn for gut and the reads list, Noon for floating, doesn't understand the others.
  57. Illwei: Throws knives at Dawn. Perhaps they got into the rum as well.
  58. Third of the Dawn: Everything is instinct trained by the Father's kill attempts.
  59. Philico: Always defensive. So very, very confused. Retrieves a knife and throws it at Illwei.
  60. Sixteenth of the Night: Why?
  61. Illwei: Comprehension dawns in an instant, light from beyond the horizon. Dislikes Dawn's continual emphasis on not protecting themself. Throws a knife at Philcio in retaliation.
  62. Philico: Instincts obviously skewed by heavy consumption of rum.
  63. Second of Noon: Probably merely one chatty Saboteur.
  64. Sixteenth of the Night: No one cares about you. All Crew?
  65. Third of the Dawn: Perhaps...
  66. Second of Noon: Chucks a knife at the sleeping First of the Bone.
  67. Illwei: Sleepy little shywei.
  68. Sixteenth of the Night: Thinks Philico, Illwei, and Dawn are Crew. Throws knives at Quinn.
  69. Second of Daybreak: Looked over the world, learned nothing, throws knives at Quinn.
  70. Philico: Tired, takes knives and throws them at Quinn
  71. Quinn: Philico seems unusually interested in the Hospital Staff. Overestimations abound. Paranoia dwells in the hearts of men.
  72. First of the Bone: Quite busy.
  73. Fourth of the Dark: Forgoes actually speculating on killing someone in favor of contemplating roles.
  74. Philico: Confused and drunk and sad.
  75. Quinn: Danex = Crew because no inside knowledge. Sixteenth of the Night less so. More commentary.
  76. Philico: Sad and drunk and confused.
  77. Quinn: Reads, still under the baffling delusion that I am the Doctor. You silly little thing, drinking the red ambrosia and falling to the floor in a boneless heap of crumbling ashes.
  78. Third of the Dawn: Lots and lots of thoughts. Removes knife from Philico's "hand".
  79. Second of the Noon: Removes knife from First of the Bone's hand.
  80. Illwei: Confused and strange. Stabs Quinn's hand.
  81. Locke Tekiel: Asks to be replaced by courier pigeon.
  82. Quinn: Suffering from a strange and terrible madness. Vaguely confused.
  83. Third of the Dawn: Throws knives at Second of Noon.
  84. Danex: Have faith in Patji. It will always kill.
  85. Philico: Retracts the knife from Quinn, throws it at Second of Noon.
  86. Illwei: Patji is cruel.
  87. First of the Bone: Throws a knife at Second of Noon and goes to lunch.
  88. Illwei: Why is no one defending Noon?
  89. Third of the Dawn: We are wrong.
  90. Illwei: Nay, the eyed one is the counterpoint to Quinn.
  91. Quinn: Si, since they started it.
  92. Third of the Dawn: Inconsequential, time runs down.
  93. Illwei: Self-preservation early on leads to steel cage jousting.
  94. Quinn: Not just a self-pres. Not just anything. Paranoia, suspicion, life, death.
  95. Illwei: The gleaming eyes exist.
  96. Quinn: Doesn't know why.
  97. Philico: Confused and drunk.
  98. Illwei: Philico, vote on Quinn.
  99. Captain: Here are the votes, you little mice. Scamper for all you're worth or you'll be replaced.
  100. Philico: Refusal.
  101. Illwei: Wonderful.
  102. Quinn: Ah.
  103. Captain: Confirming, you little rascal rotten rat.
  104. Second of Noon: Let the Father decide.
  105. Quinn: Aye! Oh good heavens, it's a tie.
  106. Philico: Ties...
  107. Illwei: Emoticon.
  108. Captain: The end is nigh.

In conclusion, I know nothing. Alas. I instinctively distrust everyone and know nothing. I will return later since I have a great deal of work to do. Farewell.

[OOC: Schoolwork exists, and I wasted far too much time procrastinating with this. Farewell, I'm a bit busy for a while.]

Edited by Gears

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

?? you were Elim reading TJ? who. Fliped Vil?  xD

This was his idea, not mine- as I Argued that I would NOT accept a world in which Quinn had got Messenger and proceeded to NOT message me >:(

If quinn flips messenger I'mma have some problems here :P.

2 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

*Tries to wrap my head around the major paradoxical situation that Connie claiming elim is*

*Fails*

Well, she said she wants to pocket me, can you pocket someone as vil? :P.

Yeah I don't like this kind of meta reasoning... feels like cheating...

This made me laugh so hard. I'm repping you now. But yep, it's paradoxical! Don't you love it?

I can. Don't know if y'all are as special as me, though.

2 hours ago, Quintessential said:

Imagine how fun a me/you/Mat team would be XD

That sounds... actually pretty awesome. Will you add me to that? :P

9 minutes ago, Dannex said:

Erm, all right then. Connie. Makes this nice and easy.

*thumbs up*

Although I'll obviously be taking the vote off of me at the end of the cycle. Because duh.

But seriously, take this seriously. Keep in mind that even if I'm an elim - which is definitely true - that there are likely others.