Mid-Range Game 48: The Southern Wind

Straw

6 minutes ago, Straw said:

Vote count as requested:

BrightEyes2 (4): Ashbringer, Liranil, Matrim's Dice, Quintessential
Quintessential (3): Illwei, TJ Shade, Young Bard

Okay, I currently have Condensation lined up as a replacement.

Awww c'mon I literally just finished putting together an unofficial VC.

Also @Illwei I hadn't even realized that TJ voted on Brighteyes in the first place because I skimmed that section of the thread and he'd moved his vote to me before the point where I started my analysis : P I thought he just suspected her and wanted to start a vote on her. (and I was right--the last time Brighteyes posted, the only vote on her was me. idk, if I were her I wouldn't have been too concerned, given that at the time there were 3 votes on me.)

Everyone was arguing about whether to kill Quinn or Second of Noon. They were so busy arguing that someone stabbed Sixteenth of the Night and ran away before anyone noticed. When they tried to take Sixteenth to the hospital, they found that the hospital had been sabotaged and Third of the Eclipse had finally died. Due to all these unfortunate events, Second of Noon was flung out of the airship.

BrightEyes2 has died! She was a Crewmember Security Officer.
TJ Shade has died! He was a Crewmember.

Archer was a Crewmember.

The Hospital has been sabotaged!

Vote Count:

Quintessential (4): BrightEyes2, Illwei, TJ Shade, Young Bard

GM Notes:

• The cycle will end on February 12th, at 5:00 PM EST.
  • Don't forget to put your actions in!
  • Remember that each player can only make one one-on-one PM per cycle, unless they are a Messenger. Remember to include me in all PMs you make!
  • @Kings_way and @Shard of Reading are receiving a warning for inactivity! If they do not post this cycle, they will be replaced.
  • Orlok Tsubodai has been replaced by @Condensation! Please welcome her to the game.

Hospital Document

Ship Status:

Spoiler

Role-Specific:

• Aviar Holding Area
  • Brig
  • Main Office
  • Laboratory
  • Trapper’s Quarters

General:

• Crew’s Mess
  • Hospital

Player List:

Spoiler

1. @Ashbringer - AraRaash AKA First of the Bone
2. @Quintessential
3. The Unknown Order - Third of the Moon Crewmember
4. @Gears - Fourth of the Dark
5. @Liranil - Third of the Dawn
6. Archer - Third of the Eclipse Crewmember
7. Orlok Tsubodai - Locke Tekiel / @Condensation
8. @Dannex
9. BrightEyes2 - Second of Noon Crewmember Security Officer
10. @Matrim's Dice - Philico
11. @Kings_way - Sixth of the Twilight
12. @Shard of Reading
13. @Random Bystander - First of the Stars
14. @Illwei
15. @Young Bard - Second of Daybreak
16. TJ Shade - Sixteenth of the Night Crewmember

Wait, why was TJ's alignment announced? He wasn't exed. He should have--oh. Right. Hospital sabotaged. Got it.

Also I can't believe I'm alive. I always lose ties. (AG7, LG72...). Huh, well this is nice. I only make it to C3 in a slim majority of my games XD

Slightly doubting my assertion that the Doctor is Gears... but only slightly. idk, I can't tell at this point.

We've had our question about Archer's PM answered--there wasn't one. I don't really know what to do with the rest of Archer's theories though. : P

Coolio that ended well :P.

Archer, that was very entertaining to read :P.

I'll be here for the first half of the cycle, but I'll be mostly inactive on the 12th. So...Ping me if you actually have something you want from me, but otherwise I'll probably be gone/lurking.

Spoiler

The Unknown Order (4): Liranil, Quintessential, TJ Shade, Young Bard
Liranil (2): Matrim's Dice, The Unknown Order
Matrim's Dice (1): Illwei
Orlok Tsubodai (1): Archer
Young Bard (1): Dannex

Quintessential (4): BrightEyes2, Illwei, TJ Shade, Young Bard

you know why I like QFs? so many more deaths. :P.

Quinn

I'm going to go through the thread...in a bit. I gotta go run some errands so after that, but for now, trying to think:

- Who Shaded Ash? I can't remember. I'll find it when I go through
 - Vote completely left Liranil yesterday, and Quinn was basically Hard vouching. Quinn, did you have a PM with her last round that gave you something?
 - Basically ignore that point above, please, as I am now reading Liranil village so that's cool.
 - I had other thoughts that were actually related to the VC but they completely left me in the past 30 seconds so

TJ's thoughts from our PM

Spoiler

- E!Messenger!Quinn?
 - Quinn/Liranil e/e
 - Claimed Aviar Holder to me smh I thought we were friends, TJ ;-;.
 - wait number 2 must have changed somewhere because Liranil village

Spoiler

Last cycle Liranil PMd me telling me she noticed me softing a role (among other things). Point there being there's no reason for her to confront me about the soft if she's an Elim, when she could just kill me. TJ says I made the soft too soft ;-;. he couldn't find it. but. Yeah.

- Told me he PMd Liranil C2
 - Ooooooh it was Bard/Liranil? not Quinn/Liranil? But then he changed to Liranil village so that's different.

Top village reads rn:
 - Liranil
 - Matrim completely off gut
 - ...Quinn is also here :/

Someone help me I can't do reads when I have reasons everyone could be village this doesn't work.

Ash

Edited by Illwei
...yeah I voted twice in my post. Whatchu gon' do about it, huh? :P.

I changed my mind. Looked through the Hospital doc to see if I could get anything useful out of it (spoiler alert: I didn't). 

I have no suspicions at this time. Besides maybe Random Bystander caught that it could have been a Trapper who killed me, so they’re paying more attention than they let on.

Huh, that's... not a bad point. I also find their first post this cycle oddly performative:

32 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Dang it! We lost 2 more.

Yeah, idk maybe it's nothing but I guess that kind of feels off to me.

*puts on my tinfoil hat* Okay, genius theory time. The elims need a mis-exe. They think that I was talking to someone and they know it’s not one of them. So planting the idea that that person should be suspected is a safe way to get a villager exed or at least suspected.

I wouldn't actually call that tinfoil. I think that's in reality a little something called a "valid point". Since Archer didn't actually have a PM with anyone, the elims would think that Archer's PM partner was a villager (because they would know it was one of them). They could kill Archer to try to frame whoever that person was. Or, if they killed Archer for other reasons, they could then realize he "had a PM partner" and take advantage of that as a way of getting a villager exed (once Archer announced who he was PMing). Let's see, the people who suggested we look into Archer's PM partner were... Illwei, TJ Shade (confirmed vil), myself, and Matrim. Great. Myself, a confirmed (dead) villager, and two people who I'm reading as vil for the moment. Just fantastic.

This theory relies on the person expecting me to keep it a secret, and me not doing that. Otherwise, why tell me at all? I don’t think it’s viable though because if they really wanted to keep it secret, they’d have sabotaged the hospital to prevent me from revealing their name. Sus on TJ for suggesting this, looks like an elim fishing for a misexe.

sighhh idk why I'm quoting this we know it's not true : P

A Dannexe ought not be soon.

I'm a little confused by Archer's song (though I do like it--once this game is over you should post it in SEAcropolis lol) but I think he's saying he trusts Dannex here and doesn't want Dannex exed? idk

Gears is playing Rhino’s card.

Could be Archer thinking that Gears is elim (like Plum Rhino in the AG)... but it could also just be a reference to Gears' playstyle this game (journal entries, everything in character) which is something that Ash/Rhino did in the AG. idk

Quiet is Second of Noon,

And the Reading Shar-har-hard.

Much suspicious, that’s our curse,

susses Brighteyes and Reading? I guess? : P anyway, maybe someone else can parse this better lol

4 minutes ago, Illwei said:

- ...Quinn is also here :/

Aww that's so sweet of you :3 I feel so special being listed after Matrim and a set of ellipses as vil reads XD 

1 minute ago, Quintessential said:

Illwei, TJ Shade (confirmed vil), myself, and Matrim.

The fact that everything leads back to us I think is the fact that we are the only people actually talking! How exciting! Hehehehehehheheeh :)))))))))

1 minute ago, Quintessential said:

Huh, that's... not a bad point. I also find their first post this cycle oddly performative:

^^^^

2 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

I'm a little confused by Archer's song (though I do like it--once this game is over you should post it in SEAcropolis lol) but I think he's saying he trusts Dannex here and doesn't want Dannex exed? idk

Oh wait that was an actual read? I definitely skipped...over...the song.... ... ... :D.

4 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Sus on TJ for suggesting this, looks like an elim fishing for a misexe.

Quinn wanna vote TJ with me? :P.

4 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Aww that's so sweet of you :3 I feel so special being listed after Matrim and a set of ellipses as vil reads XD 

<3 <3 <3 anytime :3

Honestly I'm going to try going through the thread again just like- idk. I don't like quinn but I'm also worried that I'm tunnelling. her responses feel different than in QF50, and my main problem with her goes to the wierd defence of Liranil

But I'm going to go back and try to find village reads because mine are messed up so expect for me to have whoever you thought I had as top town as Strong Elim :P.

Hello, everyone!

I'm totally looking forward to pocketing Mat!

Oh wait - I'm not supposed to say that, it'll look sus. Well, too bad for y'all!

I'm changing my playstyle again! And this time I'm claiming elim!!!

Ha - have a good time with that.

Spoiler

I'm actually really sorry about this but I feel really good about today and thought I'd have a bit of fun with this game.

Second time pinch-hitting: the worst part is reading through the thread. XD

23 minutes ago, Illwei said:

- E!Messenger!Quinn?
 - Quinn/Liranil e/e
 - Claimed Aviar Holder to me smh I thought we were friends, TJ ;-;.
 - wait number 2 must have changed somewhere because Liranil village

Hide contents

Last cycle Liranil PMd me telling me she noticed me softing a role (among other things). Point there being there's no reason for her to confront me about the soft if she's an Elim, when she could just kill me. TJ says I made the soft too soft ;-;. he couldn't find it. but. Yeah.

- Told me he PMd Liranil C2
 - Ooooooh it was Bard/Liranil? not Quinn/Liranil? But then he changed to Liranil village so that's different.

I can confirm that yes, I did have a PM with TJ, and I definitely regret that I didn't ask for more information about their susses before rollover. Plus, they were my strongest village read. :( And yes, that soft claim was very soft, if you were meaning to claim. I almost didn't catch it. 

Gotta say, that hospital doc was convicting and I'm more determined now to avenge my fellow Thirds (even though I'm the worst at reads). 

I'm gonna reread TJ's posts and probably do another reads-on-everyone post, just for my own mental clarification but probably only after I get my homework done (so like midnight :P). 

Glad to have you in the game, Connie! Luckily there's only *checking* 12 pages to catch up on. 10.5 if you ignore the sign-ups.

12 minutes ago, Liranil said:

Glad to have you in the game, Connie! Luckily there's only *checking* 12 pages to catch up on. 10.5 if you ignore the sign-ups.

Glad to be here!

And it helps that I've been keeping track of this. Partially because I knew I'd be a pinch-hitter, but mostly because that's just what I do with SE games these days.

18 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Hello, everyone!

I'm totally looking forward to pocketing Mat!

Oh wait - I'm not supposed to say that, it'll look sus. Well, too bad for y'all!

Ha - have a good time

Hide contents

Okay mobile litterLly won't let me get rid of this quote so I was just wanting to say that I love pinch hitting because you're looking at the thread with a completely fresh...something. idk when I'm following along but not in a game it's easier for me to see things :P. 

2 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Okay mobile litterLly won't let me get rid of this quote so I was just wanting to say that I love pinch hitting because you're looking at the thread with a completely fresh...something. idk when I'm following along but not in a game it's easier for me to see things :P. 

:) I mean, it's true. But it can be annoying.

Find it here- it's a slightly outdated post, but my thoughts on Liranil haven't changed too much. My read is less evil on her now though than that post suggests.

Hmm through this game I went from

1. TUO/Liranil e/e
  2. Liranil/Quinn e/e

Now to BrightEyes/Illwei e/e

Don't ask me :P.

@ me if you want anything I should be on until rollover.

Uh, Mat... "here" is an error message.

And we're back! Sort of. Still busy but not oh-I-have-literally-an-hour-of-free-time busy. So hopefully I can be helpful once I finish collapsing.

31 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Wait, isn't Connie the one who never lies? Then again, all she said was that she's claiming elim, not that she is elim... though she hasn't actually claimed elim yet so that's a lie too, technically.

Just now, Quintessential said:

Wait, isn't Connie the one who never lies? Then again, all she said was that she's claiming elim, not that she is elim... though she hasn't actually claimed elim yet so that's a lie too, technically.

You're right - I never lie, unless I'm being sarcastic. If I'm joking, I'll tell you. If I'm being sarcastic, I might.

And I'm claiming elim.