Mid-Range Game 48: The Southern Wind

Straw

1 minute ago, Liranil said:

Matrim seemed village to me early on, but their later posts seemed a lot more defensive. Mild Elim.

They’re defensive cause I’m being voted on and currently tied with three others. It could go any which way and I don’t like that.

Also, I have the most posts? Take that, Illwei, Quinn! :P 

12 minutes ago, Liranil said:

Quintessential (20): Vote hopped a lot, but didn’t do a lot of analysis, especially for the number of posts. Null-Mild Elim.

I mean. There really isn't that much to analyze, as far as I can tell. And I've been pretty tired lately, so if there is anything I don't think I rly have the energy to go through and find it. I've just kinda decided to play this game chaotic and hopefully by the time next game starts I'll have regained the drive to do long ISOs and such. But yeah, that's still fair.

11 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Also, I have the most posts? Take that, Illwei, Quinn! :P 

lol see above : P

23 minutes ago, Liranil said:

Matrim, Quinn, and Illwei were the most active out of everyone by faaar.

:ph34r\:

Can you explain

The difference between these two:

Random Bystander (3): Laid very low, one RP post and a couple other posts with not much substance. Null-Mild Elim.

Bright Eyes (3): Laid pretty low, mostly RPing and didn't say a lot about what was happening. They asked for a vote count at the end but didn't vote. Null. 

What brought you to Null on this:

Illwei (24): Some good analysis/speculation. Thought (probably correctly) Dannex/TUO were overestimating roles. Didn’t like Matrim’s vote on TUO and thought they were elimmy. A lot of vote-switching. Null.

And can you explain this a little more?

Young Bard (4): Missed Archer's post and poke voted, but switched to Random Bystander when Quinn reminded them. Read Matrim as village and voted on TUO. Null-Mild Village.

Edited by Illwei

We should condense the votes. Where it’s at is not ideal:

• Liranil (1): Matrim’s Dice
  • Matrim’s Dice (1): Illwei
  • BrightEyes2 (1): TJ Shade
  • Illwei (1): Quintessential

First, more people should vote. I think that’s the most important part. Second, we need to condense them, as I already said- this close of a race isn’t gonna do us any good.

A summary of all four: This is 100% stemming from my memory so if I get something wrong please correct it.

Liranil:

I guess this is also me making my case for the Liranil exe. I originally voted her last cycle off of gut- something about the wording of her post pinged me off, and multiple people agreed and cited different sections with reasoning. That in turn makes me wonder why mine was the only vote on Liranil- TUOs was for self pres. Somewhat notably, Liranil voted TUO, and although I don’t remember the context TUO was definitely far enough ahead that a self pres vote on Liranil’s part was basically unnecessary.

My read stayed gut for the majority of this cycle, and still sorta is- though I think it has more ground now. Look at their list. As @Illwei pointed out, they have nearly identical descriptions resulting in different reads, which doesn’t make much sense. I’d be curious to see how those two specific examples’ alignments line up with Liranil in the case that she’s elim.

I would also be mildly interested to see where their elim read of me came from, as the tone of their description seems positive to me until I apparently am being... defensive? Feels like an elim looking for a candidate to prepare to save themselves with.

All in all, I know I’m not the only one to share these suspicions as evidenced by comments from both last cycle and today. I’m confused as to why my vote was singular today and C1 and propose this exe as much more grounded than any other we have at the moment.

Matrim’s Dice:

Illwei is voting me for a few comments I believe, or something like that- which, granted, is typically how votes come :P Specifically I think it was me saying that I just say what I say and that I’ve never said that as village (which I have [twice now] but we also determined it was NAI. Secondly my comment to Order, which I view as a difference in thinking and nothing more. I’ve explained that enough, I think.

BrightEyes2:

TJ’s vote comes from BrightEyes’ under the radar ness while in their village game they weren’t like that. This is fair, but also a small reason for a vote. BrightEyes would be my second choice of the current candidates (a fairly easy decision :P) and if I have to self pres it will go there.

Illwei:

Quinn voted Illwei for... I have no clue. Apparently she has no clue either. So that’s cool.

Again- some form of further discussion should happen. I don’t want EoD to creep up on us like it’s looking like will happen.

I wrote this on mobile and my hands need a break :P.

Okay, I'll try to explain things better. That post was combine of actual facts I found and gut/vibes I was getting from people. So some of it is just subjective, but yes. I also want to clarify that my above post is based solely off of C1. I have yet to compare those reads to this cycle (which I probably should have done first to include, but oh well).

3 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

They’re defensive cause I’m being voted on and currently tied with three others. It could go any which way and I don’t like that.

So I was talking about the end of last cycle when I mentioned you were getting more defensive, because you weren't on the chopping block then. You were mostly defending your logic then, though, which is partially understandable, but seemed different from your previous plays (not that I've seen much of that, at least).

3 hours ago, Quintessential said:

I mean. There really isn't that much to analyze, as far as I can tell. And I've been pretty tired lately, so if there is anything I don't think I rly have the energy to go through and find it. I've just kinda decided to play this game chaotic and hopefully by the time next game starts I'll have regained the drive to do long ISOs and such. But yeah, that's still fair.

I get that. My sus of you was mostly due to your vote-hopping, cuz you're right, there really hasn't been much to analyze. :P

3 hours ago, Illwei said:

:ph34r\:

Can you explain

The difference between these two:

What brought you to Null on this:

And can you explain this a little more?

Okay, so for the difference between BrightEyes and Random Bystander: Bright Eyes didn't do much, but their RPs actually touched on what was actually happening in thread. Random Bystander's posts had a lot less substance to them. That one was also more of a gut on Random Bystander. 

For you, it was either Null or Null-Village, I just went with Null because I'm not that confident. I agreed with you that Matrim's focus on the whole thing with TUO was weird, but I didn't know if it was necessarily elimmy. 

I really should have clarified that most of mine were gut reads. Bard is a gut read, and I feel like an elim would have paid more attention and not messed up on the Archer thing.

43 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Liranil:

I guess this is also me making my case for the Liranil exe. I originally voted her last cycle off of gut- something about the wording of her post pinged me off, and multiple people agreed and cited different sections with reasoning. That in turn makes me wonder why mine was the only vote on Liranil- TUOs was for self pres. Somewhat notably, Liranil voted TUO, and although I don’t remember the context TUO was definitely far enough ahead that a self pres vote on Liranil’s part was basically unnecessary.

My read stayed gut for the majority of this cycle, and still sorta is- though I think it has more ground now. Look at their list. As @Illwei pointed out, they have nearly identical descriptions resulting in different reads, which doesn’t make much sense. I’d be curious to see how those two specific examples’ alignments line up with Liranil in the case that she’s elim.

I would also be mildly interested to see where their elim read of me came from, as the tone of their description seems positive to me until I apparently am being... defensive? Feels like an elim looking for a candidate to prepare to save themselves with.

All in all, I know I’m not the only one to share these suspicions as evidenced by comments from both last cycle and today. I’m confused as to why my vote was singular today and C1 and propose this exe as much more grounded than any other we have at the moment.

Actually, when I voted on TUO, it was tied between us (I can link to that if you want me to), and, like I said, I didn't vote solely for self-preservation. The reason for the "nearly identical descriptions" is because I had more notes, I just condensed down, and some of it was more on gut reads. If you guys want me to post my whole notes in here, I can, but it's chaotic. I mean, I also mentioned that you were harping on TUO for disagreeing with Dannex (which you've already explained but still gave me bad vibes). 

Basically, you three (Quinn, Illwei, Matrim) have been the most active, and I'm pretty sure at least one of you is an elim... I'm just not sure which yet. Other than that, it's mostly gut reads based on rereading their posts. Maybe that's suspicious, I'm just trying to give us something to go off of, and hopefully other people will start posting more/more detailed. I'm voting on Matrim for now, because I agree, we need to condense votes. (Edit: Illwei took her vote off Matrim while I was typing so... not helping condense anymore...)

And, I know it means absolutely nothing coming from me, but I am village. 

Edited by Liranil
Ninja'd

6 minutes ago, Liranil said:

So I was talking about the end of last cycle when I mentioned you were getting more defensive, because you weren't on the chopping block then. You were mostly defending your logic then, though, which is partially understandable, but seemed different from your previous plays (not that I've seen much of that, at least).

I'm always defensive, regardless of alignment... someone/multiple people can probably attest to that. I'm working on it not being out of hand.

8 minutes ago, Liranil said:

I agreed with you that Matrim's focus on the whole thing with TUO was weird, but I didn't know if it was necessarily elimmy. 

Then why mention it in your elim read of me?

So: Here's where I stand: If there's one thing that always pings village to me, it's gotta be this:

9 minutes ago, Liranil said:

Actually, when I voted on TUO, it was tied between us (I can link to that if you want me to), and, like I said, I didn't vote solely for self-preservation. The reason for the "nearly identical descriptions" is because I had more notes, I just condensed down, and some of it was more on gut reads. If you guys want me to post my whole notes in here, I can, but it's chaotic. I mean, I also mentioned that you were harping on TUO for disagreeing with Dannex (which you've already explained but still gave me bad vibes).

And I don't know what part about that reads so very village to me (the part about notes? Maybe. The vote explanation? Maybe. All together that whole thing? Yeah.) But like-

...Liranil?

........Illwei????

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Your vote was singular because while I suspect Liranil, I suspect you as well so I'm confused to whom I should go for. This post did make me feel a little better about you.

TJ’s vote comes from BrightEyes’ under the radar ness while in their village game they weren’t like that.

Just one of the reason. The other is that they were content RPing, so their sudden concern and the ping for VC feels off to me. Especially when they didn't follow it up with a vote.

BrightEyes would be my second choice of the current candidates (a fairly easy decision :P) and if I have to self pres it will go there.

........Illwei????

????

Edit: We need more people discussing this than just the ones up for the grinch -.- 

Edited by TJ Shade

45 minutes ago, Liranil said:

That post was combine of actual facts I found and gut/vibes I was getting from people.

Okay, that makes more sense. :P. I was trying to put the reasonings with the reads and some of them didn't exist :P.

57 minutes ago, Liranil said:

Actually, when I voted on TUO, it was tied between us (I can link to that if you want me to), and, like I said, I didn't vote solely for self-preservation.

Unlike Matrim, I'm not a huge fan of the explanation here. The fact that she emphasized "I didn't vote for selfpres" doesn't make that much sense to me, because it feels like she's trying to get the guilt or whatnot off of her for TUOs death. I don't understand how this "pings village" :P.

I at least don't think that Matrim/Liranil isn't E/E here.

1 hour ago, Liranil said:

Basically, you three (Quinn, Illwei, Matrim) have been the most active, and I'm pretty sure at least one of you is an elim...

Is this the reasoning for @Matrim's Dice and @Quintessential's votes on me? Because we're all just generally active, no matter alignment. I do think that top posters usually have an Elim in there in some cases, but also that posting a lot is NAI for us :P.

57 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I'm always defensive, regardless of alignment... someone/multiple people can probably attest to that. I'm working on it not being out of hand.

Will back this up :P. Matrim is always pretty defensive :P. 

I really don't like Matrim voting me here??? or Quinn, but like, they have no reasoning so I was just ignoring it??? but then Matrim joins???

I'm going to come back in a bit when I have actual thoughts because my brain isn't absorbing anything rn

3 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

????

Right, that wasn't a self pres vote. Just to be clear :P.

What was it, then? Idk. Gut, I guess :/

2 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Unlike Matrim, I'm not a huge fan of the explanation here. The fact that she emphasized "I didn't vote for selfpres" doesn't make that much sense to me, because it feels like she's trying to get the guilt or whatnot off of her for TUOs death. I don't understand how this "pings village" :P.

Hmmmm it wasn't that part. It was something else.

2 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Is this the reasoning for @Matrim's Dice and @Quintessential's votes on me? Because we're all just generally active, no matter alignment. I do think that top posters usually have an Elim in there in some cases, but also that posting a lot is NAI for us :P.

Nope idk what my reasoning is

Noon stayed in the mess listening to the other's arguments. She figured that the best way she could make this ship safe was by figuring out who didn't belong. As people talked, pointing fingers at each other, she began to notice those who weren't there. First of the Bone, Fourth of the Dark, Second of Daybreak, Locke Tekial, and Dan, among others who had either never came to the announcement of the attack on Eclipse and Moon or quickly left.

Where were they? Were they biding there time? Hiding in the shadows and hoping we wouldn't notice their lack of thoughts? Perhaps one of those in the mess was a Northerner, but as blame was tossed on almost all there, it made more and more sense that the rest of the saboteurs were elsewhere.

This would take too long for me to type into an RP so I am breaking character for a bit. I think that there is only 1 saboteur maximum who has been talking lately. After the start of the cycle, a bunch of people made comments either about the elim kill or about previous round behavior. After, there was a lot of discussion from/between, Illwei, Matrim, Quinn, and Liranil (relatively speaking). I think that the votes on them right now are just based on how active they have been.

5 minutes ago, Illwei said:

(Ninja'd by Illwei so I added this) I agree with this.^

Noon left the mess to find First of the Bone after notifying those there of her thoughts. Bone was her target because he had briefly asked clarifications of people's semantics and then left, offering no thoughts of Third of the Eclipse's death or description of what they were planning to do on the ship.

He also would be distinctive enough to locate which was the important part, because when your prey didn't come to you, it was time to hunt.

@Ashbringer Ashbringer. Have any thoughts on people?

In attempting a re-read I have concluded that I am tired and not wanting to do things this game my chaos is worn out from the LG and my thinking is word out from a different game and I'm sitting here not absorbing anything I read so next person to vote I will sheep you

I am also letting you all know that I will be basically inactive next cycle. I know there's over 12 hours til then. just on my mind thought I'd say. fun fun.

Okaaay from this little circle on interactions I conclude:

Matrim cares who dies between Liranil and Illwei - Likely village
Illwei cares who dies between Matrim and Liranil - Likely village
Liranil - Not as likely as village as the above two, but responded calmly to the differences when mentioned by Illwei. Didn't feel like she's been "caught" or anything like that. Feel like it was continuation of her thoughts, not something fabricated to escape whatever Illwei sprung up on her. And little things here and there mentioned which feels too perceptive to appear from an elim.

I wouldn't want any of the three grinched in this cycle. No one wants to vote for BrightEyes. Quintessential.

OK. I'm stuck. I'll admit, there's a part of me that hoped someone else would have done my thinking for me, but I guess I should probably do some of my own analysis.

So, it's a 4-way race between Matrim, Illwei, Liranil, and Quinn.

Matrim - Matrim is actually one of my stronger trust reads this game - we seem to have similar reads on people, and he seems to be trying to figure the game out. Moderate Trust

Illwei - For how much Illwei has posted, I don't really feel I have a good read on them - a lot of it is NAI. However, the fact I don't have some kind of read with the amount they've posted makes me slightly suspicious. Actually, the post where they run through the different players and think about who the Elims might possibly target feels villagery to me, so that kind of balances it out. Neutral

Liranil - If Archer had flipped evil, then Liranil would be one of my top suspicions, but otherwise, I haven't really gotten any bad gut reads off any of Liranil's posts. Their post running through all the players seems slightly manufactured, since I don't really think there's enough there D2 to make a post like that - that said, especially given the sharp decline in votes/direction of this game, I can easily see it coming from a villager trying to find something to say or to pump up the conversation, so... yeah. Neutral

Quinn - Quinn was one of my early Elim reads, but I the more I looked at her posts the more I ended up talking myself out of it and deciding Quinn was probably just a Villager with a slightly chaotic playstyle. And a few of her posts since have just felt... kind of similar to how I feel right now, tbh, slightly confused and lost. Neutral as well, I guess.

I'm so glad I did that analysis, leaving me exactly where I started. /s Out of the three of them, I guess the strongest case could be made for Quinn, given I *did* find a couple of her early posts suspicious, so maybe my early gut was right and her later posts was a course correction or something. I dunno, I don't feel comfortable with that vote, and might change it if a new candidate comes along, but I haven't got anything better right now.

13 hours ago, Liranil said:

Okay, so I reread C1 (thanks for only 4.5 pages to go through ), and it... just made me more suspicious of everyone.

I mean... obviously not since you now read some people as village?

Matrim, Quinn, and Illwei were the most active out of everyone by faaar. :P

Yeah that's pretty typical lol

Matrim (24): Very active. Gut read Quinn as elim and didn’t like everyone focusing in on Bard missing Archer’s post. Harped a lot on TUO for disagreeing with Dannex about the possibility of a single doc in the hospital doc. Matrim seemed village to me early on, but their later posts seemed a lot more defensive. Mild Elim.

I... wonder why Matrim was so invested in the number of Doctors? I mean, we were going to find out anyway, so tbh it didn't really deserve discussion except as a way to get things going C1. Idk, if we do eventually find out that the Doctor is elim, I might look more closely at Matrim, who I guess could easily have not realized that the Hospital doc gets published every cycle.

Quintessential (20): Vote hopped a lot, but didn’t do a lot of analysis, especially for the number of posts. Null-Mild Elim.

Right, my point later on about there not being much to analyze also leads to there not being much to vote on... hence my vote hopping. My first two votes that cycle were on myself (a joke) and Bard (to create a tie). I should have made it clearer then that I didn't intend to leave my vote on Bard--and once I removed it I actually forgot I'd put it there in the first place :P Later on, I voted on Liranil out of suspicion that TUO voted on Mat immediately after Mat voted on Liranil. Liranil and TUO ended up tied so I switched my vote to TUO. So yeah.

Illwei (24): Some good analysis/speculation. Thought (probably correctly) Dannex/TUO were overestimating roles. Didn’t like Matrim’s vote on TUO and thought they were elimmy. A lot of vote-switching. Null.

Yeah I'm... almost positive that Dannex and TUO were overestimating roles at this point, but I'd say that's NAI because apparently that's just a Straw thing (the only other game I've played with him as GM was a completely vanilla game, so I can believe it XD). I believe that Matrim voted on TUO for the same reason I did (along with possibly a few other things from their brief back-and-forth?), so I'm not sure why she didn't call me out for it as well... once again, idk that vote-switching is really AI rn.

Archer (3): Dead, presumably the elim kill/villager. Only voted Orlok early on as a poke/joke vote. Mostly did analysis and mentioned their PM buddy as vanilla. Could have died for something in PMs, but possibly just because they were somewhat active but not likely to get voted off, which is more likely IMO. 

Ooo tinfoil opportunity! Archer was an elim--the elims decided to do a C1 WGG, where an elim!SecurityGuard protected Archer while they attacked him. But they also sabotaged the Brig, not realizing that that would block their Guard's action, so Archer died! lol sorry don't listen to me I like tinfoil : P

Ashbringer (4): Some RP, said they're busy in blue text, and did a little analysis of the me vs. TUO voting, but didn't vote. Could be a way to avoid having a voting record, but not really much to go on. Null.

This is... mostly pretty normal for Ash lol so yeah, I agree with that null.

Dannex (9): Guessed at role distribution/definitely overestimated some, like most of us. Voted on Bard early on because they missed the Archer post, but didn't really say much after that. Null.

Right, I'd say I read Dannex as village just because his crazy overestimations of the number of roles suggest that he doesn't have TMI. If the game is mostly vanilla, which seems likely to me right now, then that would be reflected on the elim team. It could be elim!Dannex intentionally 

Edit: Why did this post. I hit space. Space shouldn't cause it to post. Ughhh I'll fill in the rest later but like... I was just writing a draft that I was gonna finish around lunchtime so... oof idk

Edited by Quintessential

I... really overestimated the amount of time I had this week. I got swamped with school the last two days, and now I have literally one free hour from now until rollover. Where I need to eat lunch. Plus of the time I have I'd rather devote it to the LG in C5 than the MR in C2. So I have... not really been keeping up with the thread.

I'll do my best to get a vote out but if that hour disappears I'm not going to guess-vote. This evening should be less busy? I'll get something out there.

There are scant few hours left, and I don't know who to slaughter. Perhaps I will abstain because I have seen no reason to act. 

I shall reevaluate role numbers in view of the fact that there is only the one Doctor. [As an aside, my good friend Quinn has challenged me to a bet, and I must ask the Good Doctor to act in a manner that I never would. Perhaps use strange esoteric "modern slang" or emoticons or other such things. Act in a manner that decidedly proves that you are not I and I am not you. I thank you in advance]

First assumption: All roles are on the ship. Second assumption: The distribution is not absurd. 

Aviar Holder: Perhaps only one, maybe two if it's split between the Crew and the Saboteurs [as an aside, "saboteur" is such a delightful word. Rolls off the tongue like warm honey]. 

Biologist: I think only one, though the faction remains unknown, leaning towards Crew. I doubt there will be two, but it's possible in the event of split faction.

Bookkeeper: One or two for the Crew, maybe 2-1.

Doctor: Confirmed to be one from the Hospital Log. Unknown faction.

Messenger: One or two, at least one Crew.

Security Officer: One, Crew. 

Trapper: One, Crew. 

As a conclusion, 7-10 people likely have roles. I would expect 4 Saboteurs under this expectation with 1 powerful role or 2 weaker ones. Perhaps 4 with Aviar Holder or Bookkeeper. Alternatively, a powerful team of 3. Perhaps all with roles. Some of Aviar Holder, Bookkeeper, Doctor, Messenger?

I lack comprehension of why anyone is voting on anyone else. People who are voting, I request that you inform me as to this fact.

6 minutes ago, Gears said:

I lack comprehension of why anyone is voting on anyone else. People who are voting, I request that you inform me as to this fact.

Me too :P.

Well... I could direct you to my big post from last night but that's invalid at this point. I've rethought Liranil and would be fine exeing her today, if people switched with me. I feel like I'm just gonna come back to her over and over again so it might be best to exe her so my reads can get a fresh start based on her alignment :P 

Okay, picking up where I left off.

15 hours ago, Liranil said:

Dannex (9): Guessed at role distribution/definitely overestimated some, like most of us. Voted on Bard early on because they missed the Archer post, but didn't really say much after that. Null.

Right, I'd say I read Dannex as village just because his crazy overestimations of the number of roles suggest that he doesn't have TMI. If the game is mostly vanilla, which seems likely to me right now, then that would be reflected on the elim team. It could be elim!Dannex intentionally projecting cluelessness about the distribution, but that... also doesn't seem like elim!Dannex to me lol

Gears (1): Did one very long role analysis/ship part analysis/summary of the previous posts. Not a fan of the large amount of discussion centered around what would be most beneficial to sabotage, because that seems most helpful for the elims, but I'm also not sure an elim would post that in thread. Null-Mild Elim.

Well. As far as I can tell, this is all entirely NAI for Gears. He always does a role analysis/summary, in which he talks about what would make most sense for the elims to do (I believe it's on the assumption that the elims have either already considered those things or that they soon will, in the cases where he's village. As elim he has to do it to avoid it being an obvious tell).

Bright Eyes (3): Laid pretty low, mostly RPing and didn't say a lot about what was happening. They asked for a vote count at the end but didn't vote. Null. 

I do find the vote-count request a bit odd, but I haven't played with Brighteyes often enough yet to know whether the rest of that is AI or not.

TJ Shade (4): Emphasized that they thought fewer roles. Provided some semi-detailed reads on a couple different people. Mild Village.

I mean, the emphasis on fewer roles could stem from TMI (if the elims have a couple of vanillas), and the semi-detailed reads also (knowing everyone's alignment makes it much easier to decide which things to ignore and which to highlight), but that's probably just my paranoia talking.

Kingsway (3): Laid very low, but was paying enough attention to mention that Reading hadn't posted in response to Illwei's vote. Null-Mild Elim. 

Kings_Way doesn't usually post much, in my experience? I know I've been in games with them before but tbh I don't even remember which XD

Also, I'm totally down to use crewmates/imposters instead of vill/elim this round, because this is very Among-Us-y. :P 

:) yes this should be official now

This is for you, my fellow Thirds! I honestly don't have strong reads of anyone, with Matrim as my top sus and then the people who were laying low (Kingsway, Random Bystander, maybe Shard of Reading).

Probably reasonable to assume that one of the people laying low is an elim : P that's usually how it goes.

15 hours ago, Straw said:

They would go straight to the dead doc.

If the elims decide to sabotage the Hospital this cycle, would the doc from this cycle still be posted?

13 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

We should condense the votes. Where it’s at is not ideal:

• Liranil (1): Matrim’s Dice
  • Matrim’s Dice (1): Illwei
  • BrightEyes2 (1): TJ Shade
  • Illwei (1): Quintessential

First, more people should vote. I think that’s the most important part. Second, we need to condense them, as I already said- this close of a race isn’t gonna do us any good.

I know votes have shifted onto me since then but yeah, that's true. Illwei given that I had no reason to vote you in the first place, I guess I don't need much reason to unvote you either :P 

Liranil:

I'm sure some of this has been said already, but Liranil's reads were mostly gut while the "reasoning" was just her listing what each person has done. As a kind of summary. I was somewhat sus of Liranil in connection to TUO, but I'm not anymore--actually I think I have a slight village read on her right now, due to the reads post. Can't speak for the other people who were mildly sus of Liranil but I moved off of her last cycle because TUO seemed like a more likely exe and I was thinking of them as elims together--a theory which would be proved or disproved by exeing either.

Matrim’s Dice:

Illwei is voting me for a few comments I believe, or something like that- which, granted, is typically how votes come :P Specifically I think it was me saying that I just say what I say and that I’ve never said that as village (which I have [twice now] but we also determined it was NAI. Secondly my comment to Order, which I view as a difference in thinking and nothing more. I’ve explained that enough, I think.

What comment on Order? Sorry, I've honestly not been paying much attention to the game this cycle (up until now) so I may have missed some things : P

BrightEyes2:

TJ’s vote comes from BrightEyes’ under the radar ness while in their village game they weren’t like that. This is fair, but also a small reason for a vote. BrightEyes would be my second choice of the current candidates (a fairly easy decision :P) and if I have to self pres it will go there.

Yeah... I do find that request for a vote-count from Brighteyes kinda odd, like I said... null elim on them.

13 hours ago, Illwei said:

Liranil

sighhh I see why you'd vote Liranil but I don't think she's elim : P

12 hours ago, Liranil said:

I also want to clarify that my above post is based solely off of C1. I have yet to compare those reads to this cycle (which I probably should have done first to include, but oh well).

Might be a good idea to do that before the cycle ends, if you have the time :P 

For you, it was either Null or Null-Village, I just went with Null because I'm not that confident. I agreed with you that Matrim's focus on the whole thing with TUO was weird, but I didn't know if it was necessarily elimmy. 

Tunnels exist. Especially D1. It didn't feel elimmy to me : P

I really should have clarified that most of mine were gut reads. Bard is a gut read, and I feel like an elim would have paid more attention and not messed up on the Archer thing.

Good point there. I've seen elims mess up like that but (as evident last cycle) it draws unnecessary attention so they do try to avoid it.

Basically, you three (Quinn, Illwei, Matrim) have been the most active, and I'm pretty sure at least one of you is an elim... I'm just not sure which yet. 

I mean, I believe it's been mentioned before that Straw is a fan of RNG? Or maybe that was in a PM last cycle. Anyway, if the elim team ended up RNGd as entirely people who aren't very talkative, then Straw might not have changed it. Illwei, Matrim, and I always say a lot. Obviously one of us could be elim (or two of us, or all three :ph34r:) but I don't think it's necessarily a good idea to assume that (and not just because I'm currently on the chopping block XD I'm not willing to vote Matrim or Illwei yet either--they seem fairly normal so far).

12 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Yep. Can attest. This is very very much the case :P 

12 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

And I don't know what part about that reads so very village to me (the part about notes? Maybe. The vote explanation? Maybe. All together that whole thing? Yeah.) But like-

Right yeah that part reads pretty vil to me too (didn't quote it cuz I knew you'd commented on it so I figured I'd just respond once I got to that). Pretty sure Liranil's my strongest village read at this point, though that's not saying much since I only have mild reads on anyone else.

11 hours ago, TJ Shade said:

Edit: We need more people discussing this than just the ones up for the grinch -.- 

Well given that I currently have the most votes (I think?) I can't help you there xD

11 hours ago, Illwei said:

Idk, I'd think elims would just say "I voted for selfpres" because then it's an understandable, NAI reason that people can't argue about with you. tbh I'd say that saying there's more actually makes her more responsible for TUO's death? In theoretical terms. Selfpres is like, "I don't want to vote you but I don't have a choice so it's not really my fault if you die". 

11 hours ago, Illwei said:

I at least don't think that Matrim/Liranil isn't E/E here.

You think they are e/e or they aren't? double negative = confusion.

11 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Hmmmm it wasn't that part. It was something else.

That too. The village part of that was (to me, at least?) the bit about taking notes. Because idk about you, but I definitely don't take notes on people as elim--I don't have to. I already know everyone's alignment so it's just a matter of figuring out who I want to be right about and who I want to be wrong about, and how to substantiate those things. And even if Liranil's the sort of person who would take notes as an elim, I'm pretty sure she'd have to alter them quite dramatically to make sure there are no slips in there. It'd be quite an elaborate fabrication to produce detailed vil-seeming notes on everyone.

11 hours ago, BrightEyes2 said:

I think that there is only 1 saboteur maximum who has been talking lately. After the start of the cycle, a bunch of people made comments either about the elim kill or about previous round behavior. After, there was a lot of discussion from/between, Illwei, Matrim, Quinn, and Liranil (relatively speaking). I think that the votes on them right now are just based on how active they have been.

This reads elim to meeee... The first part, that is. It basically just... summarizes what all of us already know? it's a very brief overview of the first part of the cycle, with no opinions given. It makes me wonder... idk, if Brighteyes is elim then I'd be less likely to think that any of me, Matrim, or Illwei are elim. It's like they're trying to focus suspicion on us, which (if we're all vil) makes perfect sence for elim!them to do. And yeah, votes in early cycles are generally placed on the most active players because we're the ones with the most material to be analyzed.

11 hours ago, BrightEyes2 said:

@Ashbringer Ashbringer. Have any thoughts on people?

Aaanndd there's a vote on someone for absolutely no reason : P not helping with my read of Brighteyes.

5 hours ago, TJ Shade said:

No one wants to vote for BrightEyes.

Okay well I agree with everything else in TJ's post but this (should I be worried about that? :ph34r:). I would be more than happy to vote for Brighteyes, and not as selfpres either. Actually, I was planning to just not self-pres and let this post speak for me once I flip village, but I'm genuinely suspicious of Brighteyes

3 hours ago, Young Bard said:

I'm so glad I did that analysis, leaving me exactly where I started. /s Out of the three of them, I guess the strongest case could be made for Quinn, given I *did* find a couple of her early posts suspicious, so maybe my early gut was right and her later posts was a course correction or something. I dunno, I don't feel comfortable with that vote, and might change it if a new candidate comes along, but I haven't got anything better right now.

I agree with everything in Bard's post too what is happeninggggg XD Fair to call my later posts a course correction, since in some ways I guess they were? But just as in "okay I'm gonna take this (a little bit) more seriously now." I've been struggling to find any motivation to put in effort throughout this game so far for some reason... yeah anyway.

2 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Y'know given my Illwei vote made literally no sense and I was tired, I'll sheep/join/hop/whatever you want to call it on Quinn. I don't think that C1 gut read went away.

I'm probably a lost cause at this point, aren't I... Oh well. That's fine. I'll try to get all my thoughts out there before I'm exed, since I won't go to the Hospital doc.

15 minutes ago, Gears said:

[As an aside, my good friend Quinn has challenged me to a bet, and I must ask the Good Doctor to act in a manner that I never would. Perhaps use strange esoteric "modern slang" or emoticons or other such things. Act in a manner that decidedly proves that you are not I and I am not you. I thank you in advance]

Well, I wasn't going to say it just yet but I do think that Gears is the Doctor, based solely on the phrasing/tone/patterns of speech of the Doctor in the C1 Hospital doc. I'm not 100% positive about that, but I also can't see anyone else in this game talking like that XD

16 minutes ago, Gears said:

As a conclusion, 7-10 people likely have roles. I would expect 4 Saboteurs under this expectation with 1 powerful role or 2 weaker ones. Perhaps 4 with Aviar Holder or Bookkeeper. Alternatively, a powerful team of 3. Perhaps all with roles. Some of Aviar Holder, Bookkeeper, Doctor, Messenger?

I find the conclusion of 7-10 people with roles to be kind of excessive, honestly? I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if there's only one of each role. 

17 minutes ago, Gears said:

I'm voting for Brighteyes as of this post. This is because of their general lack of participation C1 contrasted with the fact that they requested a VC but didn't vote after getting it, and that combined with some of their more recent posts (providing a summary of events in the cycle thus far, suggesting that one of me/Matrim/Illwei is elim when I know I'm not and I don't think they are either, the copout vote on Ash)

10 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Well... I could direct you to my big post from last night but that's invalid at this point. I've rethought Liranil and would be fine exeing her today, if people switched with me. I feel like I'm just gonna come back to her over and over again so it might be best to exe her so my reads can get a fresh start based on her alignment :P 

Could I get some explanation as to why you're ok exeing Liranil today? She seems more or less village to me--though, then again, I kind of held off on reads during C1 so maybe back then she was more sus? 

25 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Could I get some explanation as to why you're ok exeing Liranil today? She seems more or less village to me--though, then again, I kind of held off on reads during C1 so maybe back then she was more sus? 

The reasoning in my post from last night still stands. It's just my reads are so flimsy atm a single comment can flip them entirely.

Like yours :P.

Now I want to vote BrightEyes with you. (Like I said- my reads right now are very flimsy. Perfect example. I'm willing to change my vote to match the person I'm voting on's.) But that'd create a 3-way-tie and I don't want to do that so if someone else switches I will.