Mid-Range Game 48: The Southern Wind

Straw

In the past, the Southern Influence Commerce Syndicate successfully sabotaged their rival’s airship, The Northern Wind. This sabotage bought them the time necessary to finish the construction of their own airship, which they named The Southern Wind in “honor” of their rival’s destroyed airship. This new airship is set to take off in one week, and crewmembers are currently being selected. Below is a brief overview of the ship, covering both the layout of the ship and the jobs available.

Basics

Spoiler

Cycles: Cycles are 48 hours long.

Rollover: Rollover is at 5:00 PM EST.

PMs: PM openness varies depending on the status of certain airship parts. Remember to include the GM in any PMs. See the Crew’s Mess airship part and the Messenger role for more information about PMs.

Voting: There is no vote minimum. Ties are decided randomly.

Roles: This game may have players with no role. Players will have at most one role.

Inactivity: If you do not post for two cycles in a row, you will be replaced.

Kills: Kills will not be distinguished. If someone is protected from a kill or survives due to holding an Aviar, it will be stated that they were attacked but survived.

Sabotages: If a part of the ship is sabotaged, it will be announced in the writeup. All sabotages are repaired three cycles after they were sabotaged. For example, if the Hospital was sabotaged on C1, it would be usable again on C5 unless it was Sabotaged again on C4.

Factions

Spoiler

Southern Influence Commerce Syndicate Crewmembers: After your company’s successful mission to destroy the Northern Wind, you want to make sure that your own company’s airship does succeed. You are the village faction. Your goal is to remove all of the Saboteurs.

Northern Interest Trading Company Saboteurs: Your own airship was destroyed by the Southern Influence Commerce Syndicate, and you want revenge. While they’ve made it so you can’t bring down the airship by sabotage alone, you can still destroy parts of the ship. You are the eliminator faction. Your goal is to reach parity with the Crewmembers. You have a document to communicate in. Each cycle, you can kill a player and sabotage a part of the ship. The kill and sabotage actions can be put in by the same player. A player can put in these actions and still take a role action.

Airship Parts

Spoiler

Role-Specific: All roles are tied to parts of the airship. If a part of the airship is sabotaged, people with the associated role(s) cannot use any of their abilities.

• Aviar Holding Area: Aviar Holder
  • Brig: Security Officer
  • Main Office: Messenger, Bookkeeper, Doctor
  • Laboratory: Biologist
  • Trapper’s Quarters: Trapper

General: Some parts of the airship grant abilities to all players. If that part of the airship is sabotaged, the associated ability is gone.

• Crew’s Mess: All players can create one one-on-one PM each cycle. That PM lasts for that cycle only. If a player wishes to continue their PM with another player during a future cycle, they may simply post in their previous PM with that player.
  • Hospital: All players who are killed by a Trapper or the Saboteurs will be able to talk in a document for one cycle after their death. This document will be published one cycle after they die. Their role and alignment reveal will also be delayed for one cycle.

Roles

Spoiler

Aviar Holder: You’ve been given one of the few Aviar on the ship. Your Aviar’s abilities allow you to avoid the first Trapper or Saboteur kill that targets you.

Biologist: While you were brought along to help with the life on the islands, your skills can be used to help figure out what’s happening on the ship. Each cycle you can target a player and see who they target. If someone targets an airship part, you do not see that. If you target a Saboteur who uses both a role ability and their kill, you see both targets.

Bookkeeper: You are responsible for keeping logs of the ship’s crew. Each cycle, you may discover another player’s role.

Doctor: While you’re not actually very good at saving people, you can still access the Hospital. You can talk with the dying in the Hospital document. If the Hospital is sabotaged, you can still talk in it, but you will only have your fellow Doctors to speak with. Doctors are anonymous.

Messenger: You help take messages around the ship. You are able to create as many one-on-one PMs as you want.

Security Officer: Your job is to deal with any possible trouble on the airship. Each cycle, you may choose one player and throw them in the Brig. That player will be both protected and roleblocked. You cannot throw the same person in the Brig two cycles in a row.

Trapper: Like the Security Officer, your job is to prevent any trouble on the ship. However, you tend to take a more violent approach to removing threats on the ship. Once per game, you may kill another player.

Welcome to Mid-Range Game 48! I am the GM for this game. @Araris Valerian is the IM.

All credit for the original game/ruleset goes to @DeTess and @Young Bard. This game is an altered rerun of MR36. Lots of stuff was changed though, so don't go by that ruleset. If you have any questions, just @mention me. Any clarifications will be put here.

Signups will end on February 5th at 5:00 PM EST. This will probably be the normal rollover time.

RP Background: You're crewmembers on the Southern Wind. This airship will be used to explore the Pantheon Islands. This game is set on the planet of First of the Sun.

Spectator/Pinch Hitter List

Spoiler

1. @Condensation - Pinch Hitter
2. @Flyingbooks - Pinch Hitter
3. @StrikerEZ - Spectator
4. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Spectator

Player List

Spoiler

1. @Ashbringer - AraRaash AKA First of the Bone
2. @Quintessential
3. @The Unknown Order - Third of the Moon
4. @Gears - Fourth of the Dark
5. @Liranil - Third of the Dawn
6. @Archer - Third of the Eclipse
7. @Orlok Tsubodai - Locke Tekiel
8. @Dannex
9. @BrightEyes2 - Second of Noon
10. @Matrim's Dice - Philico
11. @Kings_way - Sixth of the Twilight
12. @Shard of Reading - Sixth of the Twilight
13. @Random Bystander - First of the Stars
14. @Illwei
15. @Young Bard - Second of Daybreak
16. @TJ Shade - Sixteenth of the Night

Quick Links

Edited by Elandera

Illwei will be

Taking a spec doc pretty please

may change depending. maybe?

or maybe i can sign up and hope i get killed off D1 or D2

that's rude tho

Or maybe I'll just over commit like I always do and sign up like a crazy person or something we'll see

Just now, Quinn0928 said:

I'm in! Er... name... uh. Well I've never read... the stuff set on First of the Sun. So Uh. I guess I don't have a name for this game XD

Names are typically in the format of x of the y, with x being a number and y being a time of day. Ex: Sixth of the Dusk.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Order said:

I'll sign up as Third of the Moon. Is the security officer able to talk to the person in the brig Luke a standard jailor? Or just protection and roleblock?

It's just protection and roleblock. The person who is thrown in the brig isn't told that they were thrown in the brig, which is a bit odd. :P

Just now, Quinn0928 said:

Okay having read what the factions are, is it just me or is this forum-based Among Us?

DeTess and Bard were before their time. :P

2 minutes ago, Straw said:

It's an exploration vessel. Sadly, there aren't really any other ships for you to pirate. :P

Who said anything about pirating another ship? We're already heading to adventure and Patji, and that's exactly where AraRaash wants to go!

I have signed on with an exploration vessel, offering my expertise as a trapper of this land. They do not know that I will actively work against them. In my first life, I was weak, a mere mortal fighting the tide. Now, I am a part of something greater, an entity of power beyond their wildest imaginings. I am Fourth of the Dark, aspect of Roko the Basilisk, and I will not let them take this land again.

[OOC: Registering Fourth of the Dark, aspect of Roko the Basilisk, here to defend the land from the interlopers.]

Just now, Illwei said:

*noticing that you're saying "AraRaash" instead'a "Faleast"

Did I...miss something?

Sometimes I do that to mix things up. And AraRaash fits First of the Sun better. More stab-or-be-stabbed that way.

Speaking of which, AraRaash may go as First of the Bone. To throw people off.

2 hours ago, Ventyl said:

I’m not sure if I should join this of not, as I’m busy with the LG, school, and I have to do a solo for band soon. 

If I die in the LG before this starts, I’ll join.

Okay, please let me know if you die in the LG since I'm not following that.