Cheyenne Sedai

What's some interesting Lore surrounding The Well of Ascension?

12 posts in this topic

For episodes four and five of the Worldhoppers Podcast we will be covering the Well of Ascension, both with and without spoilers, and would like to bring some interesting lore related to the books to our lore section. I'll look through the annotations later, but I would like some fun facts from the community that people that may have been around longer, even for the release of the book might know. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you aware Zane's spike is steel and that's why he had such good control over it?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Aspiring Writer said:

Are you aware Zane's spike is steel and that's why he had such good control over it?

Yeah. 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The footprints were Hoid’s. Originally Hoid was looking for the Well, but this changed in SH.

Originally the voice telling Saze about the rings was Kelsier’s. This did not end up working out. 

Kelsier, not Preservation, stabbed Elend.

Hoid took one of the beads of Lerasium that were near the Well. The bead Elend swallowed was Lerasium. Making someone Mistborn is a side effect of burning it.

If you read the epigraphs closely you’ll notice that they don’t match the text Sazed and Tindwyl quote throughout the book.

Kwaan’s version of the prophesy does not always perfectly match Sazed. This may be because Ruin had already damaged it. Or it may be referring to the events of future books (Eras 3/4) that Brandon has planned.

Part of the prophesy says “his name shall be Discord and they will love him for it.” This is seemingly foreshadowing for Era 3.

The black smoke near the Well was Ruin’s version of Mist.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

The footprints were Hoid’s. Originally Hoid was looking for the Well, but this changed in SH.

Originally the voice telling Saze about the rings was Kelsier’s. This did not end up working out. 

Kelsier, not Preservation, stabbed Elend.

Hoid took one of the beads of Lerasium that were near the Well. The bead Elend swallowed was Lerasium. Making someone Mistborn is a side effect of burning it.

If you read the epigraphs closely you’ll notice that they don’t match the text Sazed and Tindwyl quote throughout the book.

Kwaan’s version of the prophesy does not always perfectly match Sazed. This may be because Ruin had already damaged it. Or it may be referring to the events of future books (Eras 3/4) that Brandon has planned.

Part of the prophesy says “his name shall be Discord and they will love him for it.” This is seemingly foreshadowing for Era 3.

The black smoke near the Well was Ruin’s version of Mist.

Those are all great thanks.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cheyenne Sedai said:

Those are all great thanks.

 

You’re welcome!

One more: the spirit who attacked Elend in the tent was Ruin pretending to be Preservation. Kelsier was watching this event.

The spirit seen in the Well’s chamber was Preservation, but he was not the one who attacked Elend there.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little crossed with Way of Kings, the "element" that Hoid says is safe in the Way of Kings letter epigraph is the bead of Lerasium. 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StanLemon said:

A little crossed with Way of Kings, the "element" that Hoid says is safe in the Way of Kings letter epigraph is the bead of Lerasium. 

 

I was wondering if that was it or if it was something else. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Well of Ascension recharged every 1024 years, it's been implied Alendi and Rashek were not the first to seek the Well, others before them had used the Well how Preservation intended for it to be used

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Honorless said:

The Well of Ascension recharged every 1024 years, it's been implied Alendi and Rashek were not the first to seek the Well, others before them had used the Well how Preservation intended for it to be used

I wonder if we ever will get more on those other people.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cheyenne Sedai said:

I wonder if we ever will get more on those other people.

Unlikely, but we can always hope. It'd be kind of fun to see Allomancy pre-Rashek, honestly.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Invocation said:

Unlikely, but we can always hope. It'd be kind of fun to see Allomancy pre-Rashek, honestly.

yeah definitely.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.