When does shallan tell adolin about killing her parents

Dakaladin

I just did a quick find of Oathbringer for "killed my" and "my father " and the only result of relevance is when Adolin is telling Shallan he'll teach her Shardblade stances. She imagines saying the words, but never voices them.

I don't have the e-version or Rhythm of War yet, so I can't search it

1 hour ago, LabRat said:

I just did a quick find of Oathbringer for "killed my" and "my father " and the only result of relevance is when Adolin is telling Shallan he'll teach her Shardblade stances. She imagines saying the words, but never voices them.

Agreed - I don't think she has told anyone yet.  Shallan has barely been able to admit it to herself, with Veil and Radiant holding things together while she's off hiding.

I expect it will be a big topic in the next book.

2 minutes ago, AquaRegia said:

I expect it will be a big topic in the next book.

I disagree, I suspect Lin Davar is destined to be totally forgotten.

Who is there left to remember him?

His children are all complicit in his death, and doing better for his being dead.

His wives are dead, one by his hand.

The ghostbloods never cared about him, they only wanted their soulcaster replaced.

His Highprince (Velum?) never cared for him, and is dead anyways.

The only way I see Lin being even a small deal is if the Ghostbloods were to try to use his death to damage Shallan's reputation, except they have no evidence and as I said above, no one cares.

23 hours ago, LabRat said:

I disagree, I suspect Lin Davar is destined to be totally forgotten.

Who is there left to remember him?

Everything you say may be true... but you are overlooking the most important person who DOES remember:  Shallan.

It's not just a big deal to her, it's the BIGGEST of deals. 

Spoiler

She literally spends most of RoW thinking "nobody will love me if they find out what I am."  It's the main reason Veil existed - to shelter Shallan from the truths that she doesn't want to have to deal with.  It's the reason Formless existed.  Now that Veil has integrated, those truths will need to be integrated as well.

She needs to somehow resolve the fact that she is a murderer.  She knows it, and WE know it.

Edited by AquaRegia
despoilerfication

On 25.01.2021 at 4:29 AM, Dakaladin said:

I can’t remember when shallan tells Adolin about killing her parents. I think it’s in oathbringer while they’re traveling through shadesmar but I’m not 100% sure. 

Spoiler

Im sure she told him. Somewhere early in Rythm she mentioned this action, but action alone happened off-screen.

Edited by Bzhydack