Theory: Aimia and the Horneater Peaks [Discuss]

NaturalNumbers

So, Aimia pre-Scouring was supposed to be lush and tropical, right? Then whatever was making it tropical was disabled, rendering it hostile and barren. What other place is unexpectedly tropical and warm? The Horneater Peaks. What's at the Horneater Peaks? Cultivation's Perpendicularity, which the Unkalaki have protected through ancient tradition. Moreover, the Unkalaki (via Cord) are unusually knowledgeable about the Sleepless, the protectors of Aimia, though not perfectly knowledgeable. I suspect there is some sort of relationship between these two areas. Perhaps Aimia was the site of Honor's Perpendicularity? We see murals there similar to what we've seen at other perpendicularities, though maybe that's just Oathgate stuff. It also has a perpetual storm, something associated with Honor. And therefore the death of Honor may be related to what happened to Aimia. The timeline is a little strained, with Honor being described as near death at the Recreance, which predated the Scouring of Aimia by a thousand years. Though maybe a thousand years isn't that long on a godly time scale, or Honor's death allowed the Scouring to happen when otherwise it couldn't.

Also, it makes sense that otherworlders (the both Aimians) would set up shop nearby a Perpendicularity, and Ashyns moved fairly close as well.

Note I don't know much about Dawnshards at all compared to some people, so I don't know how that might be related.

Edited by NaturalNumbers

That's a good idea but there was talk of a fabrial being the reason behind the habitability of Aimia. There is one other place we know that should've been uninhabitable but is quite inhabitable and the reason behind that is fabrials: Urithiru. I think a unique spren, like the Sibling, manifested as a fabrial on Aimia and whatever Dai-Gonarthis did to them caused the Scouring of Aimia. Perhaps it was Cusicesh the Protector?

Edited by Honorless
missing commas

6 minutes ago, Honorless said:

That's a good idea but there was talk of a fabrial being the reason behind the habitability of Aimia. There is one other place we know that should've been uninhabitable but is quite inhabitable and the reason behind that is fabrials: Urithiru. I think a unique spren, like the Sibling manifested as a fabrial on Aimia and whatever Dai-Gonarthis did to them caused the Scouring of Aimia. Perhaps it was Cusicesh the Protector?

Interesting idea...what if it was whatever Dai-Gonarthis was before being Unmade? Would explain why it went back.

On 1/26/2021 at 11:48 PM, Honorless said:

That's a good idea but there was talk of a fabrial being the reason behind the habitability of Aimia. There is one other place we know that should've been uninhabitable but is quite inhabitable and the reason behind that is fabrials: Urithiru. I think a unique spren, like the Sibling, manifested as a fabrial on Aimia and whatever Dai-Gonarthis did to them caused the Scouring of Aimia. Perhaps it was Cusicesh the Protector?

One thing that's odd is that Nikli seems hesitant to call them fabrials:

“But those old Aimians, they knew ways to make it lush, alive. There are . . . stories of fantastical devices that transformed Aimia from wasteland to paradise. I guess it was beautiful. I’ve imagined it that way, when hearing the stories. But . . .”

“But?” Rysn prompted.

“Well, the people who attacked Aimia quickly realized that destroying these devices would catastrophically undermine the place.” He shrugged. “That’s really all I know. Without these . . . fabrials, I guess they were? Without them, the island couldn’t sustain a nation.”

Now, this doesn't necessarily mean anything, it could just mean he doesn't know a ton about it, or is pretending not to. But could mean it's not actually a fabrial (not getting into the "well technically all magitech is fabrials" definition here).