little wilson

AG7: Aftermath - The Father is Merciful

140 posts in this topic

That got posted before it was supposed to be. I've edited in docs and winner info. The rest is pending cosmetic role votes.

Note to everyone: I realise the end of this writeup is a little incomplete. I'm going to be busy IRL through Thursday, but hopefully after that I'll get a decent ending up. Just didn't want to leave you guys hanging forever, as if there's anything we can agree on, it's that this game needed to end. :P 

Also something I wrote last night when my brain could not write more RP if it wanted to: 

Some final (12 AM) thoughts for y’all as I wrap up my time as a mod: Thanks to all of you for letting me hold this position for the two years I’ve had it, and putting your trust in me through some very interesting situations. It seems appropriate that my tenure here has begun and ended with an AG Shard game, so doing this writeup was a nice conclusion in that respect, and I’d like to reiterate my thanks to @little wilson and @Elbereth for letting me take it on, and for just being awesome GMs throughout this game. It would have been a lot more of a mess if they hadn’t been on top of it as they always are. 

To @Devotary of Spontaneity: Thank you for being the active mod this year that I couldn’t. Sorry to kill your character twice, but you wanted a redemption arc for him. So. :P If it’s any consolation, your living Shard game characters now have a much better shot at Cosmere domination than mine :P

@Elandera and @Araris Valerian: You will both make great mods. Enjoy the ride ahead :P

To everyone in the game: thank you for making this fun. Dealing with specific incidents and the general balance issues that sprang up around this game was not fun, but it was worth it to talk to you guys in the spec and world docs, and to laugh at your PMs back when I had the time to read them. To the C5/6 Roshar doc participants, and the C7 Scadrial doc people (who were mostly the same), I am especially grateful for you humouring me and my desire to play anagrams and shrekman and chess. I hope it’s a tradition that continues past this game. 

This is by no means a farewell, as I plan to hang around the community for a while yet, and I’ll be on the newly expanded game balance committee as well. So if you have game ideas, feel free to shoot me a PM on here or on Discord (though there’s a higher chance of me seeing the latter in a reasonable timeframe :P). I look forward to murdering you all as a regular citizen in many a game to come, and also plan on fleshing out this writeup once I get the time. So if you have requests for your character, it’s not too late to send them in :P

Thank you all,

Fifth

@Fifth Scholar I've greatly enjoyed having you as a part of the community, and am glad you are sticking around in the age to come. I've already had a run in with some IIM responsibilities, and appreciate the work you've done over the past couple of years all the more as a result. I look forward to potentially murdering you the next time we play together! :P

@little wilson and @Elbereth, many thanks for GMing this game (which doesn't quite do justice to all the work you two did)! I'm not sure I can offer a better compliment than that I am already looking forward to the next game you will run, even if the rules are crazier than the ones in this game.

To everyone that played (and to those that didn't), I'm grateful that you are part of our amazing community, and look forward to betraying and being betrayed by you in the future.

I'll save some other comments until identities become public.

I'm sure everyone knows my identity since it was revealed to the nexus core [maybe I shouldn't have looked for Bubbles...] but for now, I shall abstain. This was really fun, and thanks to the Game Masters [who I wanted to refer to by another name, but we must remain anonymous, obviously] for running this. It was much less broken than I feared and more exciting than I expected. More relevant thoughts will have to wait for the identity reveal, since my only critiques relate to a core part of my identity, but this game was splendid.

To Melon Dingo: I glanced over the dead doc briefly and saw your rant. While your approach to speaking to Autonomy was fairly worrisome, the response was 1. too sudden [especially since you never got a chance to respond], and 2. too harsh [especially considering that nothing had actually happened yet as a result of the blackmail]. Allowing the behavior to continue was not an option, but this way out was unfair to you. We should have waited, elaborated on the issue, and asked you to stop. Instead, we ruined your game experience in exactly the same manner you were threatening to ruin Elephant's. Instead of being a community, we were a mob. I apologise. 

To Quinn: We know each other too well, it seems. I wish we had gotten to speak more, but alas, fate is cruel and life is never fair. 

To Scadrial Cycle 7: Why did no one finish Shrekman Game 2? You disappoint me. 

Ahhh, thank you so much for the writeup :D @Fifth Scholar, it was excellent. I enjoyed the anagrams and shrekman as well. @little wilson, @Elbereth, thank you for running such a huge game so well, along with dealing with the issues that came up.

As said above, I'll hold off further comments until identities are made public, but let's just say I'll have a lot of them :P 

Edited by Matrim's Dice

24 minutes ago, Gears said:

To Quinn: We know each other too well, it seems. I wish we had gotten to speak more, but alas, fate is cruel and life is never fair. 

:( yeahhhh I don't have much to say about the game for reasons that are obvious if you know who I was XD

I, too, will hold off on my comments until identities are officialized. But I do have a good bit of those.

And RP. Lots of RP. :P

(Which may or may not end up in the writeup, because I may or may have not completely neglected asking if that was an option...)

I'll avoid tagging the GMs but wilson, Elbereth, this was a lot of fun and I know definitely a lot of work, so thanks for everything.

Twas quite a fun game, I think. I have some RP to post once identifies are made public.

I wasn’t able to do much, but it was still really fun!

I believe I fooled my siblings, although I never explicitly stated that I wasn’t playing when I was. Sorry, @Mist and @Vapor! :)

This game rather hurt. :P

People keep saying that anonyminity wasn't maintained, but i legit have no idea who anyone (save orlok) was. Does anyone know who i was?

3 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

People keep saying that anonyminity wasn't maintained, but i legit have no idea who anyone (save orlok) was. Does anyone know who i was?

...You were playing? :ph34r:

The same to Connie, too...

I'm decently sure I know who at least 80% of the people were though

4 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

I think it's more that anonymity wasn't maintained among the newest generation of players (myself included). I guessed who several people were right off the bat because I've played with them a lot recently.

Also. I had a guess for Connie. I assumed she'd be playing, since she usually does. I'm... not sure if I was right though XD

4 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Yes, yes I was. I pinch-hit, actually. Do you know who I was yet and why this game was painful?

3 minutes ago, Quinn0928 said:

Also. I had a guess for Connie. I assumed she'd be playing, since she usually does. I'm... not sure if I was right though XD

Who?

Just now, Condensation said:

Who?

Er... am I allowed to say before the reveal? idk if that's against the rules or not :P 

6 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I was. I thought you were Mailliw

37 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

I knew. :) 

Anonymity not maintained on my part due to...oh, uh, two Oops moments (thanks El), and one previous Anonymous Game in which I spent a lot of time hiding my identity and then got killed C1. It really didn't seem worth the effort and I've not bothered since. (Also, Fifth kept outing me, and he says something about a distinctive voice so...)

Holding off on comments and wrap-up RP as well, but as always, thank you for running the game @little wilson and @Elbereth - especially Wilson. It's a sobering thought that the last time you GMed me, I had freshly joined SE and was just out of having wet myself while being an inexperienced first game Elim and cracking so badly under pressure :) Been seven good years now, and it's been...interesting :P 

Thank you for the brilliant writeup, @Fifth Scholar. I'm really thrilled you used some of my writing for the write-up, and I love the way it blends with a plot by your characters. 

To certain docmates, thanks for the anagrams, shrekman, and chess. It's been fun :P 

Edited by Kasimir

Yeah, I think I have certain behaviors and speech patterns that I have to consciously try to avoid, or it becomes pretty clear who I am. Beyond that, if I'm trying to hide, I have to use a non-pink color in docs, and never say the word curmudgeonly :(. If I really wanted to try to hide, I image I'd do it by impersonating someone else, rather than by trying to be less... me.

This game was actually really fun at the start, and I did enjoy a lot of the doc stuff near the end. I'll give some more detailed thoughts later, but overall I had fun!

Also, it wasn't until much later in the game that I started picking up on who was who. Besides for Kas. I had him down by like cycle 3, if not earlier. :P I wonder how many people were able to figure out who I was. I didn't pick up on very many players myself.

3 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Also, it wasn't until much later in the game that I started picking up on who was who. Besides for Kas. I had him down by like cycle 3, if not earlier. :P I wonder how many people were able to figure out who I was. I didn't pick up on very many players myself.

do u know how much effort it took to type chaotically and be like O LOOK AT ME PREEEEETYTY BIRB!!! 8D 8D in another AN I took part in? >> Really was not worth it. I spent so much time, and now I'm like 'eh if y'all clock me y'all clock me sorry not sorry but I'm not wasting hours of my life just to get NKed C1 again.'

Edited by Kasimir

2 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

I only figured out who you were while reading the dead doc, interestingly enough :P 

1 minute ago, Kasimir said:

do u know how much effort it took to type chaotically and be like O LOOK AT ME PREEEEETYTY BIRB!!! 8D 8D in other AN I took part in? >> Really was not worth it. I spent so much time, and now I'm like 'eh if y'all clock me y'all clock me sorry not sorry but I'm not wasting hours of my life just to get NKed C1 again.'

Yeah, no, that's completely understandable. I did have fun trying to disguise myself, but I probably won't do it as much next time around. Unless I end up with more free time for a game like this next year.

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I only figured out who you were while reading the dead doc, interestingly enough :P 

I should read that at some point. How long is it?

I still haven't figured out... well... anything beyond the generally well known ones. Although I'd be curious to find out how people predicted me.

(I did claim myself in the dead doc... but even without that you should be able to puzzle it out :P)

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

I should read that at some point. How long is it?

Not as long as the Roshar doc for cycles 5-6. It's still a respectable 110 pages though. :P 

2 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I still haven't figured out... well... anything beyond the generally well known ones. Although I'd be curious to find out how people predicted me.

(I did claim myself in the dead doc... but even without that you should be able to puzzle it out :P)

I figured it out based on the RP, honestly. That reminds me...

1 minute ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Not as long as the Roshar doc for cycles 5-6. It's still a respectable 110 pages though. :P 

That’s one doc I’m sure glad I don’t have to try to read xD