Mistborn vs stormlight

bmcclure7

Um, you posted this four times. Maybe hide three of them.

15 minutes ago, bmcclure7 said:

First ideal edgedancer vs tin eye

First ideal windruner vs thung.

Third ideal wind run v mistborn era one mental

Third ideal mistborn v era one mentals +atium mistborn.

4 ideal wind runner vs mistborn all metals.

Edited by Aspiring Writer

12 hours ago, bmcclure7 said:

My guess would be the Edgedancer. Abrasion is a very useful

Thug most likely. Stormlight is less efficient than burning metals. Vin for instance could keep her Pewter burning for hours while Kaladin rarely lasted more than a few minutes before reaching his Third Ideal. Not that Windrunner Surges wouldn't be able to give a Thug a hard time but the strength, dexterity, and toughness of Pewter I think would give the advantage

With only era one metals vs Windrunner I would give a slight advantage to Mistborn but it would be decently even. While Iron and Steel aren't quite as good as Gravitation, they would still allow for good maneuverability. Stormlight doesn't give great strength like Pewter does but the Radiant healing will be a problem for the Mistborn. If the Mistborn is smart they will stay away from the Shardblade that they can't Push/Pull on and I think the battle will ultimately come down to the fact that Stormlight will run out before metals. If the Radiant is skilled enough to stay close to the Mistborn their Shardblade will give them the advantage

Mistborn with Atium. Even Brandon has said an Atium Misting could beat Kaladin

You'll get a lot of heated debate on this. Personally I think in most situations the 4th Ideal Windrunner would win but I don't think it would be as one sided as a lot of others believe. Mostly because I'm of the opinion that Radiants aren't as powerfully insurmountable as the hype they have. So I'd say odds are 7 to 3 favoring Radiants. 

22 minutes ago, StanLemon said:

My guess would be the Edgedancer. Abrasion is a very useful

Thug most likely. Stormlight is less efficient than burning metals. Vin for instance could keep her Pewter burning for hours while Kaladin rarely lasted more than a few minutes before reaching his Third Ideal. Not that Windrunner Surges wouldn't be able to give a Thug a hard time but the strength, dexterity, and toughness of Pewter I think would give the advantage

With only era one metals vs Windrunner I would give a slight advantage to Mistborn but it would be decently even. While Iron and Steel aren't quite as good as Gravitation, they would still allow for good maneuverability. Stormlight doesn't give great strength like Pewter does but the Radiant healing will be a problem for the Mistborn. If the Mistborn is smart they will stay away from the Shardblade that they can't Push/Pull on and I think the battle will ultimately come down to the fact that Stormlight will run out before metals. If the Radiant is skilled enough to stay close to the Mistborn their Shardblade will give them the advantage

Mistborn with Atium. Even Brandon has said an Atium Misting could beat Kaladin

You'll get a lot of heated debate on this. Personally I think in most situations the 4th Ideal Windrunner would win but I don't think it would be as one sided as a lot of others believe. Mostly because I'm of the opinion that Radiants aren't as powerfully insurmountable as the hype they have. So I'd say odds are 7 to 3 favoring Radiants. 

Do all metals include Atium? Because that’s kind of important...

6 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Do all metals include Atium? Because that’s kind of important...

I actually didn't think about Atium in the all metals category. I would say the Mistborn would have the advantage with Atium. We should see if OP clarifies

Edited by StanLemon

• 2 months later...

Edit: oops, just realized this topic is months old, lol. Was clicking through "next unread topic" and didn't really pay attention to dates.

Assumptions going in: the two sides start out with an approximately equal, decent amount of "juice", good knowledge of the capabilities of the opponent, and probably an open area with a decent amount of metal embedded in the ground for whatever reason to Push off of. Changing any of these factors can tilt the fight much more towards one or the other.

On 1/24/2021 at 3:10 AM, bmcclure7 said:

Edgedancer, mainly due to healing, since neither of them have active abilities likely to directly grant them the win. Abrasion could help, as well, though more minorly than the powers of some of the other orders.

Probably Windrunner, healing + the ability to stick them to the ground, a wall, etc, feels very handy, as well as the ability to, say, attract a ton of nearby rocks to their forehead or something with a Reverse Lashing. It's likely to be a decent contest, though, and I could envision scenarios where the Thug wins.

Windrunner, I'd say. Healing, Shardblade, and better flight are all pretty big advantages.

A large city with lots of hiding places, skyscrapers to maneuver with, etc could give the Mistborn a way to get a moment and plan, and try out some emotional Allomancy. This could give them more of a chance, but I'd ultimately still give it to the Windrunner, after a very drawn-out fight. But this is by no means certain, and the Mistborn could win.

Conversely, setting it in an area without much metal would force the Mistborn to use up their ammo trying to move and avoid getting Shardspeared, and I think in the long run they don't stand much of a shot.

Probably the Mistborn, due to atium. The Windrunner would last for a bit if they were careful, but ultimately atium will likely give the Mistborn a needed edge.

Setting this in the city environment from the previous one would send it the Mistborn's way hard, with atium.

Setting this in the metaless field would give the Windrunner an okay chance, but I would still put the Mistborn at more likely to win by a decent amount.

Hm. I think this would be a toss-up. If I had to say, I'd go Windrunner, due to Plate. Atium makes this a very hard one to be sure of, but ultimately, a Mistborn can't do much against Shardplate or a Shardblade (using duralumin, you can shove it away, but that's really a one-time trick in most cases, and they can simply resummon it instantly). The Mistborn could draw it out a very long time, though, and may be able to win by wearing down the Radiant's Light or with a "lucky" shot using atium, and can use time bubbles to be able to plan.

City environment, probably Mistborn.

Metaless field, probably Windrunner.

Neither of those settings are guaranteed wins for either, however, due to the advantages of Plate for the Radiant and atium for the Mistborn, compared to scenario 3.

Edited by LewsTherinTelescope

2 hours ago, LewsTherinTelescope said:

Edit: oops, just realized this topic is months old, lol. Was clicking through "next unread topic" and didn't really pay attention to dates.

Now that the topic is semi-resurrected, is it okay for me to engage with it?

On 24/01/2021 at 10:10 AM, bmcclure7 said:

Edgedancer hands down, they have healing, better reflexes, peak human strength and speed and on top of that abrasion.

Here I would go with Thug. They will be faster, stronger and more durable. Windrunner will have healing but that draws a lot of stormlight so not a good idea to rely on that, but they are slower and weaker which complicates any direct attack, but they can stay out of reach with lashings, and if they manage to lash the Thug into the sky without getting caught they might win. So I would give it to Thug most likely, but the Windrunner could pull it of if they got lucky or were very skilled with lashings.

Windrunner, assuming mistborn has no atium. They are much more maneuverable and faster in the air then mistborn is, have healing and have shardblade/shard-whatever. Emotional allomancy might force the Radiant into a mistake, but with the healing they could recover from anything short of decapitation. And on topic of stormlight burning, Kal at the start of oathbringer flew for 12 hours at maximum speed with only the spheres he could carry, so I do not think 3rd ideal Radiant running out of Stormlight would be an issue. Maybe if the battle lasted longer than 1-2 hours, but I think Windrunner could corner the Mistborn before than.

Here I would give the advantage to Mistborn. Atium ensures that they can capitalize on any mistake of the Windrunner, the only downside is that it burns so fast. But if they had enough for maybe 1-2 minutes they would definitely win.

I do not think this is properly answerable without going into RoW spoilers territory.