Rosharlight

Koloss17

So what if you combined stormlight, voidlight, and lifelight? I assume it could be done easily enough; just add voidlight to towerlight or lifelight to the rhythm of war. But once that does happen, so what?

The nice thing is that that would be a type of wildcard light. It can be used in any instance. If that would be used in fabrials, for example, that would make it really hard to shut down the fabrial using light blocking mechanisms, like in Urithiru. It could also be a great market in the CR. I bet the Ire would love to get their hands on it. It would be pretty useful. Now, I’m wondering, what’s the downsides to just having this? Rosharlight could fulfill the need for stormlight r lifelight for radiants, like towerlight is, but could also be used in niche circumstances anc act as a corruption failsafe. Is there any reason this wouldn’t work out?

Edited by Koloss17

I don’t see why it wouldn’t work, however it might be hard to snap three tones together.

Also, I don’t know how this would work for fabrials. For Voidlight to power fabrials, the spren has to be Enlightened (presumably be Sja-Anat). The only fabrial we see running on a joint light uses Towerlight, the fabrial itself being the Sibling (a combination of Honor and Cultivation). Presumably, to get a fabrial to work on Rosharlight would need a spren to be of the three Shards...

A partially corrupted Sibling?

On 23/01/2021 at 5:55 AM, Scadrian Truthwatcher said:

I don’t see why it wouldn’t work, however it might be hard to snap three tones together.Also, I don’t know how this would work for fabrials. For Voidlight to power fabrials, the spren has to be Enlightened (presumably be Sja-Anat). The only fabrial we see running on a joint light uses Towerlight, the fabrial itself being the Sibling (a combination of Honor and Cultivation).

On the other hand stormlight can make the Sibling fabrials work

Presumably, to get a fabrial to work on Rosharlight would need a spren to be of the three Shards...

A partially corrupted Sibling?

Tumi.

Also you can have fabrials made of sprens mostly aligned to Cultivation with stormlight, like heating fabrials.

Edited by mathiau

2 hours ago, mathiau said:

On the other hand stormlight can make the Sibling fabrials work

No it can’t. The fabrial that Navani infuses to protect the Pillar is completely separate from the Sibling. This is mentioned multiple times. Also, Raboniel mentions that the Sibling using Stormlight is like using a key missing some teeth. The Sibling runs on Towerlight. Not Stormlight.

5 minutes ago, Scadrian Truthwatcher said:

No it can’t. The fabrial that Navani infuses to protect the Pillar is completely separate from the Sibling. This is mentioned multiple times. Also, Raboniel mentions that the Sibling using Stormlight is like using a key missing some teeth. The Sibling runs on Towerlight. Not Stormlight.

That fabrial yes, but every other ones? The cohesion fabrial making doors was definitely working on Stormlight.

And a key missing some teeth still open the door, it's a key with too much teeth that don't. Which does imply Light of Three wouldn't power normal fabrials.

On 1/22/2021 at 11:55 PM, Scadrian Truthwatcher said:

Also, I don’t know how this would work for fabrials. For Voidlight to power fabrials, the spren has to be Enlightened (presumably be Sja-Anat). The only fabrial we see running on a joint light uses Towerlight, the fabrial itself being the Sibling (a combination of Honor and Cultivation). Presumably, to get a fabrial to work on Rosharlight would need a spren to be of the three Shards...

Didn't Kaladin fuel the gauntlet using voidlight? That was definitely designed for stormlight

44 minutes ago, Stormtide_Leviathan said:

Didn't Kaladin fuel the gauntlet using voidlight? That was definitely designed for stormlight

He had to swap the conjoiners out for ones taken from spanreeds he had stolen from the Fused first, iirc?

Edited by LewsTherinTelescope