Hello everyone

Romodiius

My name is Romodiius. It is very nice to meet you all. I was recommended the Way of Kings by my cousin about 6 years ago but I have a difficult time reading. Not because I'm illiterate, mind you, but because I just don't like reading and would rather be playing video games or watching anime instead. So I bought the book and it sat in my closet collecting dust for years. About 3 years ago though, I met a co-worker who I was trying to get to know and had asked him what he liked to do in his spare time. He replied that he liked to read. I asked him what books, he said lots of books. I told him the story of the book I bought and never read because I just didn't like to read and mentioned that it was The Way of Kings. His ears perked up at the mention of it and a sly smile slid up one side of his face, even though he was obviously trying to hide it. He said he'd read that one. I asked if it was any good, since I just had it sitting around at home. He answered with something like "yeah, it's pretty good". And I could tell that I was creeping the guy out at this point as his answers were short and didn't offer much in the way of dialogue. Was it my breath? I didn't know. So I tapered off and ended the conversation, disregarding it as a failed attempt at being friendly. The next day he approached me and informed me that the book was offered on audible and I could listen to it if I didn't like the idea of reading. I thanked him for the suggestion, surprised that he was speaking to me, and told him that I would check it out. My commute to work was 2 hours each way. Yes, I commuted nearly 4 hours a day to get to work. So I considered this an opportunity to use the time wisely and instead of listening to endless hours of music I would listen to a book instead. That was what intelligent people did, right? Read books and stuff? Well I was feeling scholarly that day so I downloaded audible, subscribed for the monthly membership, and purchased the Way of Kings. 45 hours and 30 minutes later I was hooked, understandably. I have since bought all of the Cosmere books on Kindle, Audible, and some paper books for good measure. Now that Rhythm of War is released I am reading again the Stormlight Archive from the beginning (currently in the middle of Words of Radiance) and I am here to learn more about the Cosmere, but also about Brandon Sanderson as well. It is my goal to one day create a fan-made 3D animated movie of The Way of Kings. Well, more like an animated series, as I am currently teaching myself software development and 3D animation. So that's why I am here. I want to get it right. I want to do the book justice if I ever get to the point that I can actually make something of my studies. And this forum will help me get there. 

1 hour ago, Romodiius said:

My name is Romodiius. It is very nice to meet you all. I was recommended the Way of Kings by my cousin about 6 years ago but I have a difficult time reading. Not because I'm illiterate, mind you, but because I just don't like reading and would rather be playing video games or watching anime instead. So I bought the book and it sat in my closet collecting dust for years. About 3 years ago though, I met a co-worker who I was trying to get to know and had asked him what he liked to do in his spare time. He replied that he liked to read. I asked him what books, he said lots of books. I told him the story of the book I bought and never read because I just didn't like to read and mentioned that it was The Way of Kings. His ears perked up at the mention of it and a sly smile slid up one side of his face, even though he was obviously trying to hide it. He said he'd read that one. I asked if it was any good, since I just had it sitting around at home. He answered with something like "yeah, it's pretty good". And I could tell that I was creeping the guy out at this point as his answers were short and didn't offer much in the way of dialogue. Was it my breath? I didn't know. So I tapered off and ended the conversation, disregarding it as a failed attempt at being friendly. The next day he approached me and informed me that the book was offered on audible and I could listen to it if I didn't like the idea of reading. I thanked him for the suggestion, surprised that he was speaking to me, and told him that I would check it out. My commute to work was 2 hours each way. Yes, I commuted nearly 4 hours a day to get to work. So I considered this an opportunity to use the time wisely and instead of listening to endless hours of music I would listen to a book instead. That was what intelligent people did, right? Read books and stuff? Well I was feeling scholarly that day so I downloaded audible, subscribed for the monthly membership, and purchased the Way of Kings. 45 hours and 30 minutes later I was hooked, understandably. I have since bought all of the Cosmere books on Kindle, Audible, and some paper books for good measure. Now that Rhythm of War is released I am reading again the Stormlight Archive from the beginning (currently in the middle of Words of Radiance) and I am here to learn more about the Cosmere, but also about Brandon Sanderson as well. It is my goal to one day create a fan-made 3D animated movie of The Way of Kings. Well, more like an animated series, as I am currently teaching myself software development and 3D animation. So that's why I am here. I want to get it right. I want to do the book justice if I ever get to the point that I can actually make something of my studies. And this forum will help me get there. 

Hello, and welcome to the chaos Shard!

That's... just wow, man. I can understand people wanting you to read a book though; my brothers were trying to keep me up to date with the Cosmere and it only took a quarantine for me to finally catch up.

What would you say is your favorite Brandon Sanderson book? Cosmere or not. While we're on that note, who would you say your favorite Cosmere character is?