Do you believe in God?

chongjasmine

1 hour ago, chongjasmine said:

Do you believe in God? If so, what God?

I will point out that there are people who believe that God exists but don't believe in any one god in particular I.E Agnostics. Which are twice as many as Atheists, at least in America.

Edited by Aspiring Writer

Cool... Okay, to get Chaos' face out, I am an agnostic and don't believe in any religion's interpretation of God, especially my family's. I went from a Zorastrian (Probably misspelled that, but it's a really old religion, I believe the oldest that is still in practice.), to an Atheist and then to an Agnostic because there is a part of me that believes in things like an afterlife.

24 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

I went from a Zorastrian (Probably misspelled that, but it's a really old religion, I believe the oldest that is still in practice.), to an Atheist and then to an Agnostic because there is a part of me that believes in things like an afterlife.

Zoroastrianism (I cheated and looked up the spelling!) is a pretty old religion, but Hinduism is older by quite a bit.

Apparently, you can have atheists that believe in ghosts and the afterlife. I know, I don't get it either but I think it has to do with how "broad" one's definition of atheism is. 

And with that, I am an atheist. Was a Mormon first for most of my life, became what most would call agnostic and then ended up as an atheist. 

Specifically, a positive nihilist. 

19 minutes ago, Ooklara said:

Zoroastrianism (I cheated and looked up the spelling!) is a pretty old religion, but Hinduism is older by quite a bit.

Apparently, you can have atheists that believe in ghosts and the afterlife. I know, I don't get it either but I think it has to do with how "broad" one's definition of atheism is. 

And with that, I am an atheist. Was a Mormon first for most of my life, became what most would call agnostic and then ended up as an atheist. 

Specifically, a positive nihilist. 

From what I can tell from a bit of googling is that it is a point of debate which one is older. I have found answers for both being older than the other.

I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I believe in a God that loves us as his children. I also believe in science, and the validity of theories such as evolution and the Big Bang. I'm always happy to discuss theology/philosophy with anyone interested.

I am Jewish and I believe in God. I believe that God created all, i see no contradiction between the Bible and science, because he is all Powerful he created the world in a way that allows for the formation of theories like the big bang and evolution. To allow for free choice.

If one could prove scientifically that the world has been created there wouldn't really be a free choice whether to follow God's commands or not.

But because we cannot prove such a thing is up to each of us to to choose.

16 hours ago, The Ward's Guard said:

I am a Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and I believe in God the Father, His son and our Savior, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost; I also believe that these three are separate individuals. 

19 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

I’m a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! I believe that there is a loving God in heaven who has not left this world alone, but has created us and this Earth for a specific purpose, to bring about the eternal happiness of mankind.

On 1/22/2021 at 7:26 AM, Rushu42 said:

I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I believe in a God that loves us as his children. I also believe in science, and the validity of theories such as evolution and the Big Bang. I'm always happy to discuss theology/philosophy with anyone interested.

On 1/21/2021 at 6:15 PM, The Windrunner Supreme said:

I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

While I believe wholeheartedly in Vorinism, I am also a member of tCoJCoLDS (that's a looooong acronym)