Skyward 3 (Nowhere) = Spensa POV, with 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 "novellas"?

robardin

Per this update from a recent YouTube Livestream, Brandon has focused Nowhere as a Spensa-centric adventure, but not wanting to leave her Skyward flight so much out of things for another novel, has commissioned Janci Patterson as a co-writer to spinoff three POV novellas (presumably from different Skyward flight characters) to see parallel events happening without Spensa.

That sounds pretty cool!  I wonder if it will be three separate novellas, or a single larger volume with the three POVs interspersed? I kind of think the latter would be better in the long run, as a bookshelf management or re-reading kind of thing, but from a writerly POV I suppose it's easier to write three separate POVs in three separate streams?

• 3 months later...

I'm so excited for the novellas already! And they're being co-written with another author which makes it much more anticipating.

Also, I think one of them is going to be in FM's POV? It says so in this WoB excerpt: 

Brandon Sanderson
...And the first of the Skyward novellas that Janci wrote is just spectacular, I really like it. If you guys like the Skyward books, it's from FM's viewpoint. It kind of takes a character that I had done very little with and does a lot more with her...Cosmere.es Interview (April 22, 2021)

Tbh FM's one of my favorite flight members so I'm really excited about this. I really don't think this is final though--it's still in its early stages but here's to hoping!

Edited by caramel_

• 2 weeks later...