Wings of Fire RP

JesterLavorre

I recently found out there are other people who are fans of the Wings of Fire series on here! Yay! 

So, I thought maybe I could start an RP in the world of Wings of Fire: Pyrrhia.

If you haven't read the series, that's fine! The world is pretty simple. Basically, there are seven dragon tribes, and the first five-book arc of the series (which is probably when I'll have this take place), the tribes are at war over who gets to be the next queen of the Sandwing tribe. Here are the tribes (copied from the wiki). There will be spoilers for books 1-5 below.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Sandwings

Description

Pale gold or white scales the color of desert sand; poisonous barbed tail; forked black tongues

Abilities

Can survive a long time without water, poison enemies with the tips of their tails like scorpions, bury themselves for camouflage in the desert sand, breathe fire

Queen

Since the death of Queen Oasis, the tribe is split between three rivals for the throne: sisters Burn, Blister, and Blaze.

Alliances

Burn fights alongside SkyWings and MudWings; Blister is allied with the SeaWings; and Blaze has the support of most SandWings as well as an alliance with the IceWings.
Spoiler

Mudwings

Description

Thick, armored brown scales, sometimes with amber and gold underscales; large, flat heads with nostrils on top of the snout

Abilities

Can breathe fire (if warm enough), hold their breath for up to an hour, blend into large mud puddles; usually very strong

Queen

Queen Moorhen

Alliances

Currently allied with Burn and the SkyWings in the great war
Spoiler

Skywings

Description

Red-gold or orange scales; enormous wings

Abilities

Powerful fighters and fliers, can breathe fire

Queen

Queen Scarlet

Alliances

Currently allied with Burn and the MudWings in the great war
Spoiler

Seawings

Description

Blue or green or aquamarine scales; webs between their claws; gills on their necks; glow-in-the-dark stripes on their tails/snouts/underbellies

Abilities

Can breathe underwater, see in the dark, create huge waves with one splash of their powerful tails; excellent swimmers

Queen

Queen Coral

Alliances

Currently allied with Blister in the great war
Spoiler

Icewings

Description

Silvery scales like the moon or pale blue like ice; ridged claws to grip the ice; forked blue tongues; tails narrow to a whip-thin end

Abilities

Can withstand subzero temperatures and bright light, exhale a deadly freezing breath

Queen

Queen Glacier

Alliances

Currently allied with Blaze and most of the SandWings in the great war
Spoiler

Rainwings

Description

Scales constantly shift colors, usually bright like birds of paradise; prehensile tails

Abilities

Can camouflage their scales to blend into their surroundings, use their prehensile tails for climbing; no known natural weapons (they actually spit acid venom, but this is not common knowledge)

Queen

Queen Dazzling (actually, Rainwings have rotating queens that take turns, but most people don't know that)

Alliances

Not involved in the great war
Spoiler

Nightwings

Description

Purplish-black scales and scattered silver scales on the underside of their wings, like a night sky full of stars; forked black tongues

Abilities

Can breathe fire, disappear into dark shadows, read minds, foretell the future (actually, the Nightwings were the ones who wrote these descriptions in-world, and they are lying about being able to tell the future and read minds. They use made-up prophecies to manipulate people)

Queen

A closely guarded secret

Alliances

Too mysterious and powerful to be part of the war (secretly allied with Blister)

Map (from the books):

Spoiler

PyrrhiaColored.thumb.png.62787d0bfbd250128a92dbaf3ea91cff.png

Character Sheet:

Spoiler

Name:

Tribe:

Description:

Other Powers:

Backstory:

Personality:

Answers/other stuff I thought of:

Spoiler
  • There's a prophesy about five dragonets who are going to stop the war. (Those are the main characters of the series)
  • The war started when the queen of the Sandwings died, leaving her three daughters without a clear heir, and they started fighting over the throne and pulled the other tribes into it.
  • Animi/Animuses are only okay if you make a really good excuse as to why yours isn't overpowered.
  • Animus touched objects are fine, as long as they're not too OP.
  • Hybrids are cool.
  • Humans are playable.

Anyway, this is the first RP I've made, so I hope this is all good!

Edited by JesterLavorre

Just now, JesterLavorre said:

I recently found out there are other people who are fans of the Wings of Fire series on here! Yay! 

So, I thought maybe I could start an RP in the world of Wings of Fire: Pyrrhia.

If you haven't read the series, that's fine! The world is pretty simple. Basically, there are seven dragon tribes, and the first five-book arc of the series (which is probably when I'll have this take place), the tribes are at war over who gets to be the next queen of the Sandwing tribe. Here are the tribes (copied from the wiki). There will be spoilers for books 1-5 below.

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Sandwings

Description

Pale gold or white scales the color of desert sand; poisonous barbed tail; forked black tongues

Abilities

Can survive a long time without water, poison enemies with the tips of their tails like scorpions, bury themselves for camouflage in the desert sand, breathe fire

Queen

Since the death of Queen Oasis, the tribe is split between three rivals for the throne: sisters Burn, Blister, and Blaze.

Alliances

Burn fights alongside SkyWings and MudWings; Blister is allied with the SeaWings; and Blaze has the support of most SandWings as well as an alliance with the IceWings.
  Reveal hidden contents

Mudwings

Description

Thick, armored brown scales, sometimes with amber and gold underscales; large, flat heads with nostrils on top of the snout

Abilities

Can breathe fire (if warm enough), hold their breath for up to an hour, blend into large mud puddles; usually very strong

Queen

Queen Moorhen

Alliances

Currently allied with Burn and the SkyWings in the great war
  Reveal hidden contents

Skywings

Description

Red-gold or orange scales; enormous wings

Abilities

Powerful fighters and fliers, can breathe fire

Queen

Queen Scarlet

Alliances

Currently allied with Burn and the MudWings in the great war
  Reveal hidden contents

Seawings

Description

Blue or green or aquamarine scales; webs between their claws; gills on their necks; glow-in-the-dark stripes on their tails/snouts/underbellies

Abilities

Can breathe underwater, see in the dark, create huge waves with one splash of their powerful tails; excellent swimmers

Queen

Queen Coral

Alliances

Currently allied with Blister in the great war
  Reveal hidden contents

Icewings

Description

Silvery scales like the moon or pale blue like ice; ridged claws to grip the ice; forked blue tongues; tails narrow to a whip-thin end

Abilities

Can withstand subzero temperatures and bright light, exhale a deadly freezing breath

Queen

Queen Glacier

Alliances

Currently allied with Blaze and most of the SandWings in the great war
  Reveal hidden contents

Rainwings

Description

Scales constantly shift colors, usually bright like birds of paradise; prehensile tails

Abilities

Can camouflage their scales to blend into their surroundings, use their prehensile tails for climbing; no known natural weapons (they actually spit acid venom, but this is not common knowledge)

Queen

Queen Dazzling (actually, Rainwings have rotating queens that take turns, but most people don't know that)

Alliances

Not involved in the great war
  Reveal hidden contents

Nightwings

Description

Purplish-black scales and scattered silver scales on the underside of their wings, like a night sky full of stars; forked black tongues

Abilities

Can breathe fire, disappear into dark shadows, read minds, foretell the future (actually, the Nightwings were the ones who wrote these descriptions in-world, and they are lying about being able to tell the future and read minds. They use made-up prophecies to manipulate people)

Queen

A closely guarded secret

Alliances

Too mysterious and powerful to be part of the war (secretly allied with Blister)

Map (from the books):

Reveal hidden contents

PyrrhiaColored.thumb.png.62787d0bfbd250128a92dbaf3ea91cff.png

Anyway, this is the first RP I've made, so I hope this is all good!

Hmmm, you've acquired my curiosity, whatever you do with it is up to you.

Any specifics on where this starts or takes place generally on the continent?

1 minute ago, The Ward's Guard said:

Hmmm, you've acquired my curiosity, whatever you do with it is up to you.

Any specifics on where this starts or takes place generally on the continent?

I'm leaving that  up to you. it depends on what dragon tribe you want to make your character.

Oh! Other worldbuilding I maybe should have had in the OP:

• There's a prophesy about five dragonets who are going to stop the war. (Those are the main characters of the series)
  • The war started when the queen of the Sandwings died, leaving her three daughters without a clear heir, and they started fighting over the throne and pulled the other tribes into it.

... This is tempting. The saddest moment of my teenagerhood was when I realized I was too old to be reading the WoF books, especially as they got extra cool.

Oh, and I won't tolerate any comments saying "You aren't ever too old!" I know SOMEONE would of said it, but I could probably read one in a day. Please, Tui, make a YA version! Please! It physically pains me that I can't read the new Legends book, or the rest of the second series.

Edit: I've changed my mind. I'm putting as many as I can on hold now. Nostalgia, here I come.

Edited by AmazingGoob

1 hour ago, Fallapede said:

Just out of curiosity, how many of the books have you read?

All of them.

5 hours ago, Not an Ookla said:

Is this is going straight off the original WoF storyline?

The idea was this would run parallel to the story of the first five books, so during the Great War.

5 hours ago, Fallapede said:

I'm 100% down for this. How do you want to deal with Nightwing stuff?

Well, if you play a Nightwing, you probably know at least some of their secrets. Otherwise, your character probably wouldn’t. Unless you come up with some reason in their backstory for them to know.

Aslo, hybrid dragons are allowed, and humans exist in this world. Dragons think humans are just really smart monkeys, though, and can’t understand human language. Some keep humans as pets.

1 hour ago, JesterLavorre said:

All of them.

The idea was this would run parallel to the story of the first five books, so during the Great War.

Well, if you play a Nightwing, you probably know at least some of their secrets. Otherwise, your character probably wouldn’t. Unless you come up with some reason in their backstory for them to know.

Aslo, hybrid dragons are allowed, and humans exist in this world. Dragons think humans are just really smart monkeys, though, and can’t understand human language. Some keep humans as pets.

I think I am gonna join, as a seawing or something.

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

Me or you?

I think you should be a Seawing if you'd like to.

I like seawings

Then Icewings. the only problem is that we need to meet somehow and such and collaberate and do stuff like that and yeah. 

(commas are unnecessary)

Just now, Exotwo said:

I like seawings

Then Icewings. the only problem is that we need to meet somehow and such and collaberate and do stuff like that and yeah. 

(commas are unnecessary)

Yeah, I'd say so, Fallapede.

But we can meet without being of the same tribe. What about... like, Queen Scarlet?